• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volition (Saints Row) to show new unannounced project at PAX Prime?

Renzoku

Banned
I think a reimagined Smuggler's Run by Volotion would be lots of fun.

Fast and Furious style heists and whatnot.

Danneee

Hopefully it is a Red Faction spiritual successor with Geo-mod 3.0

If it's anything other than this I'm not interested.

I'm might have missed this but have they sold the Red Faction IP?

Edit: seems like they have. But as someone mentioned, just call it Guerilla 2 and set it on some other planet.

Shiokazu

im with the saints row people. wish we could have some more, i like the type of game, its much more about fun and craziness than the drama that is GTA5

i mean, i hate GTA5, what makes me hate it is just what makes people say its a good game.

its sad to be on the opposite side of the scale :(

Wouldn't mind seeing a new IP. Sort of rambly, but I think there's a gap in the market for a full on sci-fi futuristic open world crime game. Can't think of any off the top of my head (though I imagine some of you will correct that soon), but come on, it practically writes itself.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hopefully not another Saints Row, can't really take any more of those games when they refuse to fix any of the core mechanics to make them fun. Similarly, I hope it's not open-world either, seems like they'd be better off making an action-packed linear campaign.

Didn't Gerstmann already say that it was Saint's Row 5? I remember him saying something during a night stream during E3 that they were originally gonna show it at E3 but the game wasn't ready.

Rfg 2. Believe.

Saints Row 5: Red Faction Guerrilla 2

Seriously, add next-gen Red Faction Guerrilla building destruction technology to the wacky hilarity of a Saints Row game and I'd be in open world heaven. (with any luck the Crackdown reboot/sequel might be the game I've been waiting for since RF:G).

As a huge saints row 3 and IV fan i would like if the project is a new thing. But I wouldnt say no if its a crazy out of this world Saints Row 5 of course.
If it is, no realism please.

im with the saints row people. wish we could have some more, i like the type of game, its much more about fun and craziness than the drama that is GTA5

i mean, i hate GTA5, what makes me hate it is just what makes people say its a good game.

Your are not alone!

Didn't Gerstmann already say that it was Saint's Row 5? I remember him saying something during a night stream during E3 that they were originally gonna show it at E3 but the game wasn't ready.

Nah, he said they teased a huge Deep Silver franchise announcement that vaguely implied Saints Row 5, but it turned out to be Dead Island 2 as a troll reveal.

Current gen Saints Row remake

They should just name the new game Saints Row: Definitive HD Remastered Collection Edition.

They no longer have the rights to the Red Faction or Summoner IPs and as I understand it, the license to Freespace was sold 10 years ago due to the parent companies financial troubles.

So it's either a new IP or Saints Row V.

I want Saints Row 5. With real mod support on PC

IdolNinja has been teasing some sort of modding announcement for "[redacted]", so considering SR4 support has been in the cards for a year, it's possible this unannounced title will have mod support from the get-go

Menome

Take the superhero antics of Saints Row IV...

Add the sandbox destruction of Red Faction: Guerilla...

Day one purchase from me.

(But as a new IP please)

MMaRsu

Banned
Please go back to the semi realistic but still funny sr1/sr2 type humor.

Also, more customization like in sr1/sr2 would be appreciated.

I'd still like to see them split the franchise into two games. I much prefer SR2, but I'd hate to see the superpowers of SR4 get tossed away. At the very least make the powers a post-game unlockable to use in the open world.

Wasteman

Banned

So you hate beautiful hand-crafted worlds with crazy attention to detail full of wildlife and somewhat decent and varied AI ?

I hope it's not san other Saints Row. 3 and 4 were atrocious. Gameplay was fun but the world just sucked, at least 2 tried to build a fun playground to mess with your toys.

K' Dash

I'm wondering where the could go from SRIV, that one is as crazy as it is over the top.

I really loved 3 and I'm loving 4 so far

I'm wondering where the could go from SRIV, that one is as crazy as it is over the top.

I really loved 3 and I'm loving 4 so far
I think they're going to have to pull back to Saints Row 2 style (which was silly but still halfway grounded in reality), or do something completely new.

pelican

August 28th I believe.

Also, would definately like a SR5.

I passed up 4 for GTA V, and I feel that was a mistake.

Will fix it when the game is available on PSNow.

Oof a huge mistake indeed.

Why wait for PS Now, you should find it pretty cheap.

Top Bottom