• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vostok Inc. - a twin stick.......clicker?

vix

So there was a new patch today so I fired the game and there's now a new game + option, not sure what it offers besides resetting stats. But what is with this weird screen shake now when I shoot at stuff and how can I turn it off because it's awful.

So there was a new patch today so I fired the game and there's now a new game + option, not sure what it offers besides resetting stats. But what is with this weird screen shake now when I shoot at stuff and how can I turn it off because it's awful.

After starting NG+ I have an indestructible(?) drone-ish thing orbiting my ship and helping me out. Even with an unupgraded starter weapon I'm having little trouble killing enemies with its help, which is a huge improvement over how I remember the actual start of the game.

Also I came across some chests that opened even though I didn't have the proper weapon types. That could be a bug.

dadrester

Neo Member
@BobJustBob NG+ drones will open ANY chest (as will regular drones and any enemies that have been lovegunned). You get one drone per NG+. Enemies are also 3 levels higher so your earning power from killing stuff is better, but they do more damage.

@vix In terms of screen shake we've not changed anything. There should always have been some screen shake when enemies explode and we've not messed with the amplitude settings. Some weapons have more of a shake than others but it's not changed since the patch, unless it's a bug? What platform are you playing on?

vix

@vix In terms of screen shake we've not changed anything. There should always have been some screen shake when enemies explode and we've not messed with the amplitude settings. Some weapons have more of a shake than others but it's not changed since the patch, unless it's a bug? What platform are you playing on?

PS4. I've never noticed it before, I mean when I fired up the game to check out the patch, I had to stop playing because my eyes couldn't tolerate it. I was using the unicorn gun and it was bad. Maybe I just never noticed it before or maybe it is a bug. Maybe I should record some gameplay and post it? You'd be able to tell if it was a bug/glitch then, no?

dadrester

Neo Member
I'd definitely notice it if you can record some footage. The screen-shake appears whenever you kill anything or boost. I guess if you're on unicorn laser attack squadron you may be blowing a lot up very quickly, but it's not been changed in.... probably a year and a half...

Drain You

If anyone is having some using using a Xbox controller make sure you boot the game with the controller already plugged in. I plugged it in after I started and the controls got all messed up.

Edit: the menus see so damned confusing, I can't even find volume control, maybe I'm just having a brain fart but can someone help me out?

dadrester

Neo Member
For those that fancy it on PS4, it's on sale on PSN right now... £4.99!

@Vix... Cheers for that. Seems correct to me. It might be because the asteroids are blowing up much faster because of the NG+ drone.

@Drain You Yeah, you need to have the controller plugged in before you start. In the pause menu the R and L shoulder/bumper buttons switch between different panes. The settings menu has volume etc on it. Reason for it was that we wanted an expanding pause menu that has more and more stuff in it, so you feel like pausing is a thing that you want to do frequently. The economy still ticks while you're paused so we wanted to make it feel like a legit part of the game.

vix

@Vix... Cheers for that. Seems correct to me. It might be because the asteroids are blowing up much faster because of the NG+ drone.

I guess I had just been away from the game for a while or I never really noticed it. Thanks for the help though. Want to do the log chopping game for me? ;)

dadrester

Neo Member
is this a stat based game like clicker heroes ?

It's like a cross between that, Geometry Wars and Wario ware...

So the idea is you fly about in space twin stick shooting. Everything you kill drops moolah. You can then land on planets to build factories and stuff which makes moolah automatically (like clicker heroes) and then use that to upgrade weapons and unlock new stuff. Thios video does a really good job of explaining stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R82saUc8Do

dadrester

Neo Member
DQ2skY3W4AAIkIP.jpg

DQ2smDMX0AM7h2c.jpg

Our publisher sent out the switch codes in these letters.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
this looks addictive as fuck, man I wish and hope there is a Switch version as I will buy this.

fingers crossed.

I don't have a PS or Vita or a PC :(

edit:
oh shit there is a version coming to the switch.

cooooooooooooooool

autoduelist

so this game is worth a pickup on vita? i like twin stick shooters but am not the biggest fan of clickers that make me feel like i'm a gerbil in a spinner

dadrester

Neo Member
We patched the Vita recently so framerate is SIGNIFICANTLY better than it was a while back. The game is out now on... deep breath...

Switch
Vita
PS4
Xbox One
PC
Amazon Fire TV
NVidia Shield

Switch is my favourite version and has Pluto as an exclusive.

Jennings

Bought this on Switch. Currently in the Voltimus system raking in 109trillion/sec. I'm compelled to play, but I can't figure out what I enjoy about it. I just have an incessant need to keep maxing everything out.

dadrester

Neo Member
I think Vostok means east or something. The euro station in gta iv was called radio Vladivostok, idk shot in the dark.

It means east in Russian, but it's in reference to the first manned spaceflight. Originally it was called Vostok X (someone suggested Apollo X and it evolved from there), but apparently Aquaman from the comics has a mate called that.

We just got another review ... 9/10 from Pass the controller. http://www.passthecontroller.co.uk/reviews/vostok-inc-nintendo-switch-review

And obviously Eurogamer's Recommended badge.

It seems like people get rather sucked into it.

Top Bottom