• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vox reporter pushing for another Youtube Adpocolypse, over a channel that is already almost entirely demonetized.

AaronB

May 5, 2013
Prediction:

Crowder goes on Rogan sometime in the next 2 weeks to talk about this, and then Vox and other leftist "activists" will start coming after Joe Rogan.

And it's going to totally backfire, because Rogan is fucking huge, is well-respected by pretty much every demographic except the dark recesses of the far far left, and has a massive following, including in influential circles. They can piss on Crowder and other channels and get away with it, but if they go after Rogan they are going to lose. And this will be the turning point in which things start to turn back in the other direction back to sanity. I've always thought the only way for this to end is when these nutjobs try to bite off more than they can chew.
Milo claimed that Joe Rogan was on the hit list. We'll see.

Reactions: Sleepydays

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
Milo claimed that Joe Rogan was on the hit list. We'll see.
Glanced the Era thread equivalent of this topic. Rogan is despised by that sjw nest. The place is a microcosm of the greater SJW agenda, so he is most definitely on a list.

The question remain if it’s too big a fight for the activists. At least at this time.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Are you speaking generally or are they attacking Rogan in said topic? I'd love to hear some of the things they are saying about him, I can't imagine any reason to despise Joe Rogan. But then again, so many of them pretty much hate everybody.

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
Unless senate does something, conservative with money, or perhaps even Fox, which would be immune from "nazi nazi" smearing as well as all sorts of deplatforming, be it by misusing paypel or being banned by hosting provider, needs to start alternative video streaming platform, banning actual nazi bullshit, but letting opinion diversity be.

Californian overlords are getting too far.

And don't you feel white males are being generalized and singled out when you read those articles? That's my point. If you don't like to see that, and you want to think of people as individuals rather than define them with characteristics, then don't use those characteristics to define them, and definitely don't use those characteristics to insult them.
They have that wonderful theory about male conspiracy being responsible for all evils.
Are they generalizing?
Yep.
Does it even make sense?
Actually, nope. Men like women more than other men, to begin with.
Should they have right to think so and make ridiculous claims I disagree with?
Absolutely.

I suggested that Crower used the fact that he's gay to make fun of him. That's different than making fun of him FOR being gay. He needlessly referenced the guy's sexuality while mocking him, which only strengthens the argument that conservatives care about that sort of thing, and aren't accepting of gay people. If you agree that the media is going to present anything conservatives do or say regarding race, or gender, or sexuality in the worse possible light, why make that easier for them?
I see a totally different story here, and to me it isn't even subtle, it's apparent.
A group of people is into (in my opinion, softly put, dubious, as even basic questions cannot be answered) theory of oppression, in which you score more, the more oppressed you are.
The Vox activist-journalist, being gay and "minority" scores high on the oppressed/victimhood scale and uses it as both shield and a sword.

I watched the entire clip and there was nothing about his gayism or ethnicity that Crowder was after, most of the time he referred to his deeds as to Vox's deeds. Crowder had perfect points to make, which, frankly, wasn't hard as what said Vox guy was pushing for is absolutely ridiculous.

He apparently didn't like being criticized. Now, what would a white male do about "someone criticized my work and I actually have nothing constructive to reply"? Shut the hell up. But, hold on, he has 2 jokers in his hand, two oppression points, let's claim criticism is "harassment".

And there we go with articles claiming "homophobic attacks" and other bullshit, because, hold on, most of the journalists in the media are actually activists, and mostly far-left leaning, as there is no way in hell one can in all seriousness get gender studies degree and be conservative on one hand, and the only things one could do with that degree is activism or teaching others. So we have an army of GS graduates having nothing better to do. Oh, recently they took a look at wikipedia, who's editors are overwhelmingly (84%) male, for some reason (obvoiusly oppression).

Now youtube turned despicable behavior of the Vox guy and some media outlets into a horror story. Outrageously absurd "harassment" claim can be made AND SUCCEED just because complainant has no-zero oppressed score.

And it's going to totally backfire, because Rogan is fucking huge, is well-respected by pretty much every demographic except the dark recesses of the far far left, and has a massive following, including in influential circles.
As far as I see, at least in number of subscribers, Crowder is bigger than Rogan, with 3.8 million vs 2.5.

Last edited:

MrTickles

Feb 22, 2018
Are you speaking generally or are they attacking Rogan in said topic? I'd love to hear some of the things they are saying about him, I can't imagine any reason to despise Joe Rogan. But then again, so many of them pretty much hate everybody.
I know for a fact Rogan had to edit his latest Edie bravo podcast and skip parts. This on top of him no longer being able to record live (specifically so he can edit out parts).

Last edited:

AaronB

May 5, 2013
Do you have a link to this or can you more explain the context? When did he say this and who was he referring to exactly with this "hit list"?
I'm pretty sure it was during his "Legion of Skanks" interview, which is extremely entertaining but stay away if you get offended by edgy humor. Milo's appearance drew so much heat that an intentionally offensive comedy show had to change the venue they had been using for years. People started threatening and vandalizing the comedy club, and calling for antifa to show up. The context was talking about "What's next" and Milo sounded very certain that Joe Rogan was going to be targeted.

Some other interesting things that came out of that show were that Milo claimed he'd had a billionaire backer, that he intentionally drew attacks on college campuses because he knew it would show people how bad things were, and that he considers himself one of 7 people who got Trump elected (he named Ann Coulter and Steve Bannon as two of the others; not sure about the rest).

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Unless senate does something, conservative with money, or perhaps even Fox, which would be immune from "nazi nazi" smearing as well as all sorts of deplatforming, be it by misusing paypel or being banned by hosting provider, needs to start alternative video streaming platform, banning actual nazi bullshit, but letting opinion diversity be.

Californian overlords are getting too far.

They have that wonderful theory about male conspiracy being responsible for all evils.
Are they generalizing?
Yep.
Does it even make sense?
Absolutely.

I see a totally different story here, and to me it isn't even subtle, it's apparent.
A group of people is into (in my opinion, softly put, dubious, as even basic questions cannot be answered) theory of oppression, in which you score more, the more oppressed you are.
The Vox activist-journalist, being gay and "minority" scores high on the oppressed/victimhood scale and uses it as both shield and a sword.

I watched the entire clip and there was nothing about his gayism or ethnicity that Crowder was after, most of the time he referred to his deeds as to Vox's deeds. Crowder had perfect points to make, which, frankly, wasn't hard as what said Vox guy was pushing for is absolutely ridiculous.

He apparently didn't like being criticized. Now, what would a white male do about "someone criticized my work and I actually have nothing constructive to reply"? Shut the hell up. But, hold on, he has 2 jokers in his hand, two oppression points, let's claim criticism is "harassment".

And there we go with articles claiming "homophobic attacks" and other bullshit, because, hold on, most of the journalists in the media are actually activists, and mostly far-left leaning, as there is no way in hell one can in all seriousness get gender studies degree and be conservative on one hand, and the only things one could do with that degree is activism or teaching others. So we have an army of GS graduates having nothing better to do. Oh, recently they took a look at wikipedia, who's editors are overwhelmingly (84%) male, for some reason (obvoiusly oppression).

Now youtube turned despicable behavior of the Vox guy and some media outlets into a horror story. Outrageously absurd "harassment" claim can be made AND SUCCEED just because complainant has no-zero oppressed score.

As far as I see, at least in number of subscribers, Crowder is bigger than Rogan, with 3.8 million vs 2.5.
Rogan has 5.5 million Youtube subscribers, I think you were looking at his JRE Clips account which also has millions of followers. And that's only Youtube. His podcast is the top podcast weekly on itunes and other services. He's huge and has a massive outreach. It's the #1 podcast in the world. Dude built an empire.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
I know for a fact Rogan had to edit his latest Edie bravo podcast and skip parts. This on top of him no longer being able to record live (specifically so he can edit out parts).
I don't think that's the reason. Apparently he's coming out with an app to allow live stuff for people who pay for the app first, but that hasn't been confirmed. But the podcasts have been the same and he will still have any guests on his show and talk about anything. He just had on Wiz Khalifa and they both got high as shit on his show.

Last edited:

LegendOfKage

Mar 6, 2018
Are they generalizing?
Yep.
Does it even make sense?
Absolutely.
I don't disagree. For me, this comes down to "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." That's true of what you described above and Crowder's referencing this guy's sexuality while mocking him.

None of what you wrote invalidates what I wrote. They both can be true. And it certainly doesn't invalidate my closing thought, which is why make this easier for them?

Democrats have to worry about alienating independent voters, and traditional liberals. Wouldn't you agree? Aren't there things that are bad ideas for them to say or do? Aren't there things they're doing that could push more people into voting for Trump? Well, the same is true for conservatives. Conservatives can also alienate potential voters, and calling someone "a lispy queer" while making fun of them (not to mention the limp wrist communism shirt) is something that I'd suggest a lot of people are going to dislike, even those who don't follow politics. That's really all I'm saying. It's a bad idea.

Reactions: llien

Winter John

Gold Member
Mar 9, 2014
Christ. You Bravo fans and your "facts." The reason he doesn't record live anymore is because he doesn't want his channel taken down by copyright strikes..

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Perhaps this was already posted:

Strangely coincidental:

1. YouTube enacts new rules for partners and creators
2. Numerous YouTubers are demonitized
3. Vox Media sycophant carried the horse-whip
4. Vox union stages a walkout

All within the same 48 hour period.

Political activists have poisoned the credibility of mainstream media. Who am I kidding? Mainstream media has always suffered from this problem. The bigger issue is that our citizens have forgotten the mantra "don't believe everything you read / see on TV / see on the internet". I dunno, probably because that wisdom is "conservative" or something...

Whether the person in charge is a sexually-frustrated church-lady or a sexually-flamboyant gaywonk, these individuals are not people you'd want on your front porch let alone spreading "news" to the public.

MB1

Apr 30, 2019
That's not what incitement is. Are you suggesting that if someone ends up dead or injured as a result of them being insulted and criticized, the ones doing the most insulting and criticizing should be held responsible, even if they never advocated or suggested such action? That seems like a dangerous road to go down.
Hell yeah. Sorry but O'Reilly kept going after 1 doctor (when the procedure he was doing was legal) over and over again. It's incitement. He should have been jailed. Period.

Last edited:

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
Hell yeah. Sorry but O'Reilly kept going after 1 doctor (when the procedure he was doing was legal) over and over again. It's incitement. He should have been jailed. Period.
did he call for violence or action from his audience? if not, he shouldn't. Period. Unless you also want Jimmy Kimmel, and other late night hosts jailed for their constant "attacks" on Trump.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
i'd prolly just fire all 300 of those staffers and hire some hobos to fill the gaps

get rekt

Last edited:
Reactions: danielberg

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Well in your dreamworld he wouldnt have existed anyway, replaced by a state controlled "journalist".

Then you could just jail anyone you wanted anyway, so no need for law. Easy peasy.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
A communist wants to jail someone for their opinion? What a shock

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
Is Crowder not gay? I thought this was a sassy comment from a "fellow traveller".
Being gay doesn't give other people permission to mock you for your sexuality or to be used as a tool to degrade your political opinions.

It wasn't just a sassy comment from a "fellow traveler".

Last edited:

zenspider

May 9, 2016
Being gay doesn't give other people permission to mock you for your sexuality or to be used as a tool to degrade your political opinions.

It wasn't just a sassy comment from a "fellow traveler".
Didn't say it does. A gay guy calling another gay guy "a little queer" is a very different context, is it not?

Barnabot

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2018
Ok, never hearded about Steve Crowder until now.

I've watched this video an I liked it and subscribed to his channel.

Did I help Carlos Maza's cause?

Reactions: Boston

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
I just don't understand a world where referring to an openly gay man as gay is the worst thing ever with fears of violence being incited, but calling someone a white supremacist with no proof is just the everyday normal. Nobody should care about anyone being gay in 2019, if you do enough to cause anyone physical harm you should be thrown in jail. We had lunatics attack tuckers house while his wife was home because people like Carlos Maza have declared him a white supremacist. Why are all these streets only one way?

Last edited:

Barnabot

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2018
I just don't understand a world where referring to an openly gay man as gay is the worst thing ever with fears of violence being incited, but calling someone a white supremacist with no proof is just the everyday normal. Nobody should care about anyone being gay in 2019, if you do enough to cause anyone harm you should be thrown in jail. We had lunatics attack tuckers house while his wife was home because people like Carlos Maza have declared him a white supremacist. Why are all these streets only one way?
Because they're siding with the "right" team. Rules don't apply to them. Only rights.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
I just don't understand a world where referring to an openly gay man as gay is the worst thing ever with fears of violence being incited, but calling someone a white supremacist with no proof is just the everyday normal. Nobody should care about anyone being gay in 2019, if you do enough to cause anyone harm you should be thrown in jail. We had lunatics attack tuckers house while his wife was home because people like Carlos Maza have declared him a white supremacist. Why are all these streets only one way?
You are absolutely correct.

That's not what puzzles me though.

What puzzles me, is the inability of those who "side" with folks like Carlos Maza, or the "new Democrats" to see what they are actually doing, and advocating for. Deplatforming is nothing but a complete lack of civility, and critical thinking along with the fear of having a conversation you cannot win with rational thought.

It truly is disgusting, and disturbing that in the United States we have fellow citizens who want to limit the freedom of speech, which is a founding principle of this very country. They are wrong, period. There is no debate. It's why this country exists.

How can a person, who grew up in the United States not see that what they are doing is fundamentally wrong in the eyes of the populace, and the the whole reason for this nations very existence?

If you truly think your way is the right way, your going to be better off moving somewhere else, because it's just not going to work out for you here. If you boil it down to the end game, these people are going to lose in the worst way possible. This nation will never accept their version of free speech, gun rights, or government.

MacReady13

Jun 22, 2018
I'm so happy Crowder has stood his ground and not given in to Maza or his fellow croonies. Just stay strong and let this bullshit ride out. These sooks can't always get what they want. Calling someone gay doesn't mean you are picking on them!

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
You are absolutely correct.

That's not what puzzles me though.

What puzzles me, is the inability of those who "side" with folks like Carlos Maza, or the "new Democrats" to see what they are actually doing, and advocating for. Deplatforming is nothing but a complete lack of civility, and critical thinking along with the fear of having a conversation you cannot win with rational thought.

It truly is disgusting, and disturbing that in the United States we have fellow citizens who want to limit the freedom of speech, which is a founding principle of this very country. They are wrong, period. There is no debate. It's why this country exists.

How can a person, who grew up in the United States not see that what they are doing is fundamentally wrong in the eyes of the populace, and the the whole reason for this nations very existence?

If you truly think your way is the right way, your going to be better off moving somewhere else, because it's just not going to work out for you here. If you boil it down to the end game, these people are going to lose in the worst way possible. This nation will never accept their version of free speech, gun rights, or government.
I want to believe this, but I really do wonder sometimes how much of this country buys into it, or even actively wants it. Surely people see through the insanity taking over journalism, entertainment and academia? The way they keep doubling down makes me worry that it's actually working.

I agree with one point especially here - if you don't think the Constitution means what it says, or that it shouldn't, or that we can selectively choose what we take literally and what we can play around with, you really should just move to another country that better aligns with your worldview instead of erasing our founding documents as if they mean nothing to you.

I'm just really glad NeoGAF isn't the place it was before, when we had to pretend that this insanity was normal.

Last edited:

Cucked SoyBoy

Dec 18, 2018
If you boil it down to the end game, these people are going to lose in the worst way possible. This nation will never accept their version of free speech, gun rights, or government.

Once they import enough foreign invaders from places that have no tradition of liberty, self-defense rights or free speech (and have a history of socialism), then yes that new "nation" will probably accept their whole program.

TLDR: Once Americans have been replaced with a new people, all bets are off as to what they will accept.

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
I think it is worth noting that the video that created this shitstorm was Crowder debunking pure propaganda from Vox. It wasn't just Crowder bagging on Masa himself.

Holy hell, only a few minutes in, Daniel Cormier's fighting style as a "hairless baby filled with hate. "And his Been Shapiro comment as a "greedy shekele hoarder" had me dying.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008

I didn't actually expect Pool to acknowledge this because he's got his audience to play to. But it's still funny to see the difference.
The point I made a few days ago, is that it will be funny when the same tactics are used against the instigators.

It is.

Reactions: Oner

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

I didn't actually expect Pool to acknowledge this because he's got his audience to play to. But it's still funny to see the difference.
I don't get it. He's angrier at his political opponents than the platform that punished him unfairly (in his estimation)?

What a sad, privileged world this person lives in.