• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vox reporter pushing for another Youtube Adpocolypse, over a channel that is already almost entirely demonetized.

Turnt

Jul 21, 2018
The point I made a few days ago, is that it will be funny when the same tactics are used against the instigators.

It is.
Is that guy one of the instigators? From looking at his page he's shared the stuff about Crowder starting a fight and then claiming he was attacked. But that seems like a fair point to bring up since Crowder is in the news just now. Surely his freedom of speech should be protected too? Both Crowder and this guy are having YouTube infringe on them.

I don't get it. He's angrier at his political opponents than the platform that punished him unfairly (in his estimation)?

What a sad, privileged world this person lives in.
Seems his main point is against Youtube. That's who the initial post is directed at and it tags a couple of their accounts. So he is more upset with them. The Rubin/Pool bit is just a side note making a joke about their narrow representation of things.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
It's too late to complain about the effects of the rules that no longer favor regressives.

It would be prudent to have some introspection about this whole fracas.

Free-speech on this platform is the brass ring, however irrelevant in this scenario. That guy getting caught up in all of this should probably complain less about what Tim Pool and Crowder are doing on his behalf (here is the hint that he doesn't get it since both Tim Pool and Crowder are not for this type of behavior, pay attention please), and more of why this happened when the eye of sauron is pointed in the other direction.

You can lead a horse to water....

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
It's too late to complain about the effects of the rules that no longer favor regressives.

It would be prudent to have some introspection about this whole fracas.

Free-speech in this platform is the brass ring, however irrelevant in this scenario. That guy getting caught up in all of this should probably complain less about what Time Pool and Crowder are doing on his behalf (here is the hint that he doesn't get it since both Tim Pool and Crowder are not for this type of behavior, pay attention please), and more of why this happened when the eye of suaron is directed in the other direction.

You can lead a horse to water....
Thank you

Cut the crap @Turnt. He is absolutely acting in bad faith.

Turnt

Jul 21, 2018
Thank you

Cut the crap @Turnt. He is absolutely acting in bad faith.
How is he? His video got removed as a result of a similar campaignto the one organised by Vox. How is this different than Crowder being targeted? Other than one being on the right and the other on the left. Is he just meant to accept it being removed? Surely those defending free speech should advocate for both.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Seems his main point is against Youtube. That's who the initial post is directed at and it tags a couple of their accounts. So he is more upset with them. The Rubin/Pool bit is just a side note making a joke about their narrow representation of things.
That is not how I read it.
He is definitely more upset at his opponents than youtube.
He probably thinks of youtube as his ally and that youtube just made an innocent mistake. They were simply tricked by his evil enemies.

But the fact is that youtube is changing, slowly. They have realized that the fringe and crazy left actually are very few and they don't have any money.
So it is poor business to cater to these fringe voices. Google missed expectations very badly last quarter and they are likely very strongly trying to avoid
the same to happen next quarter. Perhaps not letting the crazy-left steer the ship any longer is part of that.

Thus the change and that they stand up for a conservative youtuber even when the crazy left is on the war path.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
How is he? His video got removed as a result of a similar campaignto the one organised by Vox. How is this different than Crowder being targeted? Other than one being on the right and the other on the left. Is he just meant to accept it being removed? Surely those defending free speech should advocate for both.
Yes, he is probably meant to just accept it. Just like every other small content creator has had to do when targetted over the last few years.

Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
Hold the press. You’re a normal person that is resilient enough to understand the difference between jokes and genuine victimhood? What’s the world coming to.
Sorry for the late reply.

Don't get your hopes up, I've been excommunicated from the alphabet soup community for a few years now for having the audacity of questioning the Hive Mind.

I'm not a typical Fig.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Because Vic has been silent about previous corporate deplatforming, if not flat out supportive if it. Now he cares?

If libs want to complain about corporate deplatforming, that's great. Just know you have no credibility, considering your side was praising this not that long ago

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Because Vic has been silent about previous corporate deplatforming, if not flat out supportive if it. Now he cares?

If libs want to complain about corporate deplatforming, that's great. Just know you have no credibility, considering your side was praising this not that long ago
Shit, we can dig up the threads on here from last fall with people supporting and having no issue since it wasn’t their team.

Reactions: sahlberg

Psydonk

Jun 17, 2015
Honestly don't know why people get so worked up over these dramas. People have been demonitising eachother on Youtube in the culture war since monetisation on the platform began. This is why largely Patreon became the main income source for political commentators on the platform. I mean, the right claiming they give a shit about Youtube deplatforming is a bit of a joke since the tactic of abusing the report system was basically a mainstay of the right on Youtube against left wing content creators for years.

Honestly Friendlyjordies has the best take about this

• Fire
Reactions: <+)O Robido O(+>

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Honestly don't know why people get so worked up over these dramas. People have been demonitising eachother on Youtube in the culture war since monetisation on the platform began. This is why largely Patreon became the main income source for political commentators on the platform. I mean, the right claiming they give a shit about Youtube deplatforming is a bit of a joke since the tactic of abusing the report system was basically a mainstay of the right on Youtube against left wing content creators for years.

Who is the "right" and the "left"?

The two opposing sides are almost completely irrelevant in a discussion about authoritarians leveraging sympathetic corporate powers to do their bidding. That should be opposed whether you are Right, Left, Backwards, or Forwards.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

That is a lie. Which conservative publication called for left wing content to be banned on youtube?

This has been a one way street for years. To pretend otherwise is to push a false narrative

Psydonk

Jun 17, 2015
That is a lie. Which conservative publication called for left wing content to be banned on youtube?
Reading comprehension.

The right would regularly brigade left wing content creators with mass false flag reports for literally years, many left wing channels went under because of this (most of the leftypol content creators for example), a lot of the bigger ones like Contrapoints and Hbomber and Shaun and Jen survived only because the rest of lefty youtube would mass-reupload their videos until youtube hands on reversed the bans/take downs. Because the way youtube reporting worked, after certain amount of strikes your entire channel would go under so especially for the smaller channels it was basically a constant game of new accounts to get around the constant right wing brigading.

The two opposing sides are almost completely irrelevant in a discussion about authoritarians leveraging sympathetic corporate powers to do their bidding.
Lol Crowder absolutely deserved the absolute wrist slapping he got. How people honestly try to pretend Crowder wasn't being an abusive homophobic piece of shit is mind boggling especially the fucking grade school level pathetic excuses defending him "I said fig miss, fig, I called him a fig!". The only real thing I care about here is the fact that Youtube's shitty auto-moderation will probably hit more legitimate channels than it does people who actually deserve moderation because Youtube is lazy as fuck and can't bother to hire more than 2 human moderators for the entire platform it seems.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Lol Crowder absolutely deserved the absolute wrist slapping he got. How people honestly try to pretend Crowder wasn't being an abusive homophobic piece of shit is mind boggling especially the fucking grade school level pathetic excuses defending him "I said fig miss, fig, I called him a fig!". The only real thing I care about here is the fact that Youtube's shitty auto-moderation will probably hit more legitimate channels than it does people who actually deserve moderation because Youtube is lazy as fuck and can't bother to hire more than 2 human moderators for the entire platform it seems.
Woah that's... quite the reaction, and a dodge of my question Who is the "right" and the "left"?

No, he didn't "deserve" the wrist slapping. The authoritarian censorship from tech companies flies in the face of the Article 230 provisions that've protected them up to this point from individual lawsuits and class-action lawsuits. This was brought to the House Judiciary Committee just yesterday.

I don't care what is "mind boggling" to you, and your emotional pearl-clutching isn't a good substitute for a real retort.

Psydonk

Jun 17, 2015
Woah that's... quite the reaction, and a dodge of my question Who is the "right" and the "left"?
Which means what?

No, he didn't "deserve" the wrist slapping.
Literally abusing and bullying other content creators across multiple platforms, he absolutely fucking did. Also Article 230 doesn't mean platforms can't demonetise or ban people lol this was brought up back when the Republicans threatened political neutrality bullshit back with Facebook and Facebook and it's lawyers just laughed in their face. Go read Sub-section 230(c)(2) which explicitly allows moderation against "objectionable content whether or not such material is constitutionally protected. ". Also the First Amendment along with corporate personhood basically makes it a violation for the Government to actually not allow moderation and self-censorship on platforms because it would be seen as a violation of the corporations free-speech.

Again, this was all covered in the Facebook hearings early last year. Youtube can ban and kick off whoever they want.

Last edited:
  • Fire

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Which means what?
I don't know, that's why I'm asking. You said:

I mean, the right claiming they give a shit about Youtube deplatforming is a bit of a joke since the tactic of abusing the report system was basically a mainstay of the right on Youtube against left wing content creators for years.

Who is the "right" and the "left" in this scenario, and who are the players who've been doing this "for years"?

Also, we're not talking about the report system at all. A Vox reporter rallied the online hate mob against someone, YouTube actually defended Crowder at first, and then a bit later they demonetized him anyway. This is the sign of a system that is completely broken at best, but more than likely corrupted by partisanship.

Literally abusing and bullying other content creators across multiple platforms, he absolutely fucking did. Also Article 230 doesn't mean platforms can't demonetise or ban people lol this was brought up back when the Republicans threatened political neutrality bullshit back with Facebook and Facebook and it's lawyers just laughed in their face. Go read Sub-section 230(c)(2) which explicitly allows moderation against "objectionable content whether or not such material is constitutionally protected. ".
Literally standing up for mega-corporations and censorship of free speech across multiple posts, you seem to be doing this. Are you a capitalist sycophant or something? :pie_smirking:

Article 230 allows moderation because the platform-holder is expected to moderate in good faith or face lawsuits for the content of their platform. That is the purpose of Article 230, after all. To omit a provision for internal moderation would be to tie the hands of platform holders and discourage anyone from providing a public platform to anyone, out of fear of being sued.

However, because users and media outlets cannot take class-action against these tech giants for fear of being deplatformed, a different problem arises. Platforms stop being platforms and more like publishers.

Psydonk

Jun 17, 2015
Who is the "right" and the "left" in this scenario, and who are the players who've been doing this "for years"?
Well the left being the left wing content creators from Contrapoints to Bat'ko and the right being the blatant brigading right wing userbases from right wing content creators but also right wing forums and places like 8ch and 4ch (which I personally saw all the fucking time) that specifically targeted left wing content creators.

A Vox reporter rallied the online hate mob against someone
Like Crowder had been blatantly doing against him.

YouTube actually defended Crowder at first, and then a bit later they demonetized him anyway. This is the sign of a system that is completely broken at best,
Yeah it was broken when they didn't ban Crowder for blatantly being an abusive shithead repeatedly targeting another content creator with smears and insults but because they couldn't specifically find evidence of him personally doxxing another content creator he was let off scott free (just that the other content creator happened to magically get doxxed and harassed IRL by Crowders fans). The reason I bring up the report system is where were all you right wing free speech warriors when Left wing content creators were being routinely deplatformed off youtube through mass false flagging brigades? Oh right, egging on those same brigades against woketards like Anita Saarkesian.

Literally standing up for mega-corporations and censorship of free speech across multiple posts, you seem to be doing this. Are you a capitalist sycophant or something?
No, I'm just bringing up how hypocritical and disingenious the right is on this crap considering the right ran deplatforming campaigns on Youtube and other platforms for years getting sponsorships pulled and peoples channels banned but the second Crowder, the laziest fucking unfunny hack on Youtube gets a slap on the wrist for serial abuse we're suddenly living in North Korea.

Article 230 allows moderation because the platform-holder is expected to moderate in good faith or face lawsuits for the content of their platform.
Pretty sure most people outside of the Youtube right wing culture war brigade would think Youtube acted in good faith giving Crowder the tiny slap on the wrist they did.

Platforms stop being platforms and more like publishers.
Lol make them official publishers then, we will see Youtube become far, far more stringent on who they allow on the platform. Welcome to Cable TV 2.0.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Well the left being the left wing content creators from Contrapoints to Bat'ko and the right being the blatant brigading right wing userbases from right wing content creators but also right wing forums and places like 8ch and 4ch (which I personally saw all the fucking time) that specifically targeted left wing content creators.

Like Crowder had been blatantly doing against him.
Crowder has been demonetizing YouTube? Crowder demonetized Vox? I think your perception of the facts are mixed up with your personal feelings on the matter.

Yeah it was broken when they didn't ban Crowder for blatantly being an abusive shithead repeatedly targeting another content creator with smears and insults but because they couldn't specifically find evidence of him personally doxxing another content creator he was let off scott free (just that the other content creator happened to magically get doxxed and harassed IRL by Crowders fans). The reason I bring up the report system is where were all you right wing free speech warriors when Left wing content creators were being routinely deplatformed off youtube through mass false flagging brigades? Oh right, egging on those same brigades against woketards like Anita Saarkesian.

No, I'm just bringing up how hypocritical and disingenious the right is on this crap considering the right ran deplatforming campaigns on Youtube and other platforms for years getting sponsorships pulled and peoples channels banned but the second Crowder, the laziest fucking unfunny hack on Youtube gets a slap on the wrist for serial abuse we're suddenly living in North Korea.

Pretty sure most people outside of the Youtube right wing culture war brigade would think Youtube acted in good faith giving Crowder the tiny slap on the wrist they did.

Lol make them official publishers then, we will see Youtube become far, far more stringent on who they allow on the platform. Welcome to Cable TV 2.0.
The right is a big boogeyman to you. Okay, friend. I'm going to back away slowly and discuss videogames and actual politics with other GAFers. When you're ready to hit us with your conspiracy magnum opus about THE RIGHT infesting everything, please @ me so that I can read it and be gaslit enlightened.

And yes, YouTube is already acting like Cable TV 2.0. They may as well stand behind their decision and be transparent. I wouldn't mind them chasing off a chunk of their content creators into the open arms of other platforms.

Centralization is antithetical to the spirit and strength of the internet. I would be slightly perturbed by the loss of convenience if YouTube went belly-up, and I would feel bad for all the content creators who would have to re-upload their stuff elsewhere, but otherwise it wouldn't make a huge difference. Things would go on and authoritarians would try to subvert some other power-structures to impose their ideological zealotry on people who don't toe the line.

Last edited:

Psydonk

Jun 17, 2015
Crowder has been demonetizing YouTube? Crowder demonetized Vox? I think your perception of the facts are mixed up with your personal feelings on the matter.
Don't be fucking disingenuous, Crowder was obviously repeatedly abusing and targeting another content creator personally know exactly what his audience would do, that other content creator ended up being doxxed and harassed in real life by Crowders fans.

The right is a big boogeyman to you. Okay, friend. I'm going to back away slowly and discuss videogames and actual politics with other GAFers. When you're ready to hit us with your conspiracy magnum opus about THE RIGHT infesting everything, please @ me so that I can read it and be gaslit enlightened.
Ad hominem. Also pretty funny you can't see your own projection, half the right wing ramblings on this board (and this very thread) are basically whinging about left wing conspiracy and infiltration.

And yes, YouTube is already acting like Cable TV 2.0. They may as well stand behind their decision and be transparent. I wouldn't mind them chasing off a chunk of their content creators into the open arms of other platforms.

Centralization is antithetical to the spirit and strength of the internet. I would be slightly perturbed by the loss of convenience if YouTube went belly-up, and I would feel bad for all the content creators who would have to re-upload their stuff elsewhere, but otherwise it wouldn't make a huge difference. Things would go on and authoritarians would try to subvert some other power-structures to impose their ideological zealotry on people who don't toe the line.
That is your view, I have really no problem with how Youtube is now beyond the fact their Algorithm fucking sucks and their automoderation is garbage and prone to abuse.

• Fire

merlinevo

Apr 28, 2019
The extreme left have learned to weaponize sympathy and fake outrage to leverage their outsize influence on social media and mainstream media. They are willingly using dishonest arguments and persuasions to deplatform conservative viewpoints and they have no shame in lumping everything remotely conservative as neonazi hate speech. These blanket accusations, along with social media and mainstream media that is heavily slanted toward the young, gullible and progressive, have formed perfect storm for the extreme left to go after anyone that is against the insane progressive agenda of militant lbgt and feminism, illegal immigrants, black lives matter, socialism, drugs and crime. If you don't agree with them, you are labelled racist, sexist or homophobic.

How did western society turned away from competition of ideas into this dangerous form of tyranny and suppression of ideas and opinion?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: danielberg

Barnabot

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2018
Can you guys give me some examples of liberal channels being demonetized on YouTube because of of some right wing activists actions?

I'm just curious.

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
Reading comprehension.

The right would regularly brigade left wing content creators with mass false flag reports for literally years, many left wing channels went under because of this (most of the leftypol content creators for example), a lot of the bigger ones like Contrapoints and Hbomber and Shaun and Jen survived only because the rest of lefty youtube would mass-reupload their videos until youtube hands on reversed the bans/take downs. Because the way youtube reporting worked, after certain amount of strikes your entire channel would go under so especially for the smaller channels it was basically a constant game of new accounts to get around the constant right wing brigading.
Not a single citation, anywhere, to back up even one of your claims. Amazing.

And there it is at the bottom - the lone Robido reaction flame that has become the expected cherry on top of every ice cream horseshit sundae.

• Fire

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Reading comprehension.

Show the receipts. When did conservatives deplatform people off of youtube? Or any social media really. This sounds like you're trying to rewrite history here for undeserved sympathy. We have tons of evidence of progressives trying to deplatform voices they don't like. Where is yours?

The YouTubers you mentioned are still on the platform and have never been removed.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Don't be fucking disingenuous, Crowder was obviously repeatedly abusing and targeting another content creator personally know exactly what his audience would do, that other content creator ended up being doxxed and harassed in real life by Crowders fans.

Ad hominem. Also pretty funny you can't see your own projection, half the right wing ramblings on this board (and this very thread) are basically whinging about left wing conspiracy and infiltration.

That is your view, I have really no problem with how Youtube is now beyond the fact their Algorithm fucking sucks and their automoderation is garbage and prone to abuse.
Screeching louder doesn't make it true.

Empty accusations of being "fucking disingenuous" have plummeted to an all-time low value in the GAF market, but you seem so wrapped up in your delusions that you're throwing fits instead of learning more about the world around you.

Keep up the act. Maybe your ideological masters will see your performance and let you lick their plate.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
It would seem a certain poster has stepped in a rational discussion, with emotional sidestepping, and has himself become lost in the weeds.

Lay it out, in a rational manner, and explain yourself.

Reactions: SpiceRacz
Jul 6, 2015
Glanced the Era thread equivalent of this topic. Rogan is despised by that sjw nest. The place is a microcosm of the greater SJW agenda, so he is most definitely on a list.

The question remain if it’s too big a fight for the activists. At least at this time.
That list is probably a mile long, would be easier to look at a list of people they don't despise.

Jon Neu

..he neus nothing
Jan 21, 2018
Republic of Catalonia
Can you guys give me some examples of liberal channels being demonetized on YouTube because of of some right wing activists actions?

I'm just curious.
From billions (?) of accounts I'm sure you can find some examples about that, but despite what crazy partisans like Psydonk can say, YouTube has a clearly pro-left & anti-right bias.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Oner and Barnabot
Mar 18, 2018
Targeting another content creator by having a video response to someone else's opinion and staying in character is exactly what we have on late night comedy political commentary shows for over a decade. You are trying to project your own version of the opposite viewpoint on DunDun. It is pathetic.

The irony with you is strong. You are acting ridiculous. You are the one projecting.

How convenient for you. You can sit smugly above the issue.

mid83

Mar 4, 2014

All that text and all I hear is:

• LOL
Reactions: Oner

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011

Source

Looks like @gaywonk is still attempting to demonetise and deplatform anyone who says something they don't like the sound of.

Incidentally, Konstantin Kisin is a Russian-British stand-up comedian and writer and has been interviewed on recent topics such as the Jo Brand 'battery acid' statement. He came to prominence recently due to his refusal to accept a contract at a comedy venue that required him to make jokes that were guaranteed not to offend any types of social groups - he brought this to the attention of the general public and, like many comics, shows it as an example of the erosion of free speech that authoritarian cry-babies such as @gaywonk are so eager to enforce.

Last edited: