• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vox reporter pushing for another Youtube Adpocolypse, over a channel that is already almost entirely demonetized.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Do you talk to *any* gay people like that? Ever?
Sure. I reference people as the gay "insert public figure" on occasion. Jussies Gay Tupac bit is a recent example. Did you get your dick all twisted over that? Or reference the gay person on a show as the gay person on a show because they went out of their way to make that their identifier. I don't see these as attacks by referencing their sexuality like whatever the hell you are trying to do.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
So, funny story.
I have a long commenting history on VG247, having been there since its inception.
As they've moved over to activism, I rarely post there.

But I thought, fuck it, let's say my piece. So I did. Not breaking any terms or policies:

(Yes "RhubarbForFingers" is me - don't ask):

I had the foresight to take a screenshot because I know how inconvenient facts can upset activist journalists, so imagine my shock when my comment had disappeared (note the final sentence of the comment above mine in both pics):

I thought I'd re-post but:

Oh, the yellow journalists banned the person with the offending facts.

And they're systematically removing all traces of my comments (often laden with inconvenient facts):

But some rando that wanted to put a bullet in my head the other day because of my outrageous remark? :

Yeah, they're fine with that. It's still there. Even after it was reported.

Hmmm.. who should I make a stink about this to.. ?
Fucking wow

"But it not censorship. It's a private platforms blah blah blah"

Last edited:
Reactions: Bolivar687

CyberPanda

Mar 4, 2019
Jeez. The amount of whining from Carlos Maza is remarkable. He should put that energy into something more productive. Carlos sweetie, just go suck a dick and enjoy it and relax.🥰

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
One more thing. Maza ins't a reporter. He is a political activist hired by a media company. His previous job was with Media Maters.

LegendOfKage

Mar 6, 2018
You're cool. Do you also giggle like a child over the 'figs' thing?
Speaking of which, is there any logical argument that someone can make connecting communism with "figs" on that shirt? Is there a reference to something there with some actual plausible deniability, or does that shirt essentially say what everyone actually thinks it says?

Last edited:
Reactions: ConnorDuffy1977

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
That you can disagree with somebody without resorting to being a homophobic piece of shit? I'm assuming that went way over your head.
Yet you can't disagree with people without calling them assholes and suggesting in a passive aggressive way that they are "cool", that they are pieces of shit. Since I don't have your high double standards I feel perfectly justified in telling you to fuck right off.

CDiggity

Jan 3, 2014
As blunt as that headline is, bullies usually target people who stand out and know can't defend themselves or fight back. Following the group behaviors is a good way to blend in and get bullies off your back because they will lose interest and try and find a new nail to hammer down. That or learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

As for the OP topic, something something private company.

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
The "harrassed" guy is an internet celebrity, with 100k subscribers and 1Mil views per video. (thanks to Vox, I bet)
Besides the fact that Crowder clearly didn't care about him, nor targeted him, focusing on Vox's practices instead.

This scandal increased number of said reporter's subscribers by 30k a day.

And as T.P. correctly noted, he's not a reporter, he's an activist.

Tim Pool did a great video on this today.
Saw his interview with Crowder, didn't regret time spent.
I've underestimated the guy.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
Crowder is a bit of an asshole but most of what he said still falls under mocking between two public personas. Also I don't think you can categorize "gay latino" as hate speach.

Meanwhile Maza is still going on a tirade

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Crowder is a bit of an asshole but most of what he said still falls under mocking between two public personas. Also I don't think you can categorize "gay latino" as hate speach.

Meanwhile Maza is still going on a tirade

"Actual fucking ghouls" sounds dehumanizing like "NPC", but guess which one gets banned and which one gets tacit approval?

Fox Mulder

Jul 1, 2009
Greensboro, NC
People can be assholes and push the line on purpose while not breaking rules according to YouTube. I'm not a fan of people running to corporate mommy and daddy when people offend them. YouTube will bend to Twitter outrage, but they'll also probably make some algorithm change that makes things worse for everyone.

Maza advocates assaulting people he doesn't like, but then cries to YouTube as a victim and creates twitter drama shit that will get plenty of clicks for Vox.

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
Of course there's pro abuse advocates here. Of course.
IF you are being serious, it seems crazy to me that you don't realise that the vast majority of people will see right through a disingenuous post like this and just roll their eyes.

You aren't fooling anyone. You do realise that, right?

"Pro abuse advocates". Hahahahaha.

MB1

Apr 30, 2019
Bill O'Reilly kept smearing an abortion doctor, Dr George Tiller til he was assassinated. O'Reilly absolutely should have been jailed for incitement.

Last edited:

Xux

May 10, 2007
Seattle.
It’s about time that YouTube took steps to silence Conservatives and pussies afraid of milkshakes.

spandexmonkey

Dec 17, 2009
Memphis, TN
It's all about power. This piece of shit can't beat Crowder through argument and Vox is failing (I bet Crowder gets more traffic). As a latino, this latinx can go fuck himself.

Reactions: Oner

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
It’s about time that YouTube took steps to silence Conservatives and pussies afraid of milkshakes.
It won't work though.

At some point in the past none of these "Anti-SJW" or "non-PC" people had YouTube channels.
When they started out I bet most of them weren't even thinking "there's money in this".
At the very beginning none of them were making money because nobody knew who they were.

These channels only grew because people wanted to hear the message.
You think if they get silenced that their ideas will just magically go away?

It's kind of funny to see these dudes with pretty tame takes trying to play within the YouTube rules.
I actually welcome the possibility that they will have to go completely independent because it means they no longer have to play by Youtube's rules.

The audience is there. All this drama will only lead to that audience feeling more entrenched, more in the mindset of "Us vs Them".

It's an awful look for these massively well funded organizations to be bullying independent creators.
It's OK to throw milkshakes at them but if they call me names I'll go crying to daddy YouTube.
Pathetic.

Reactions: Denjo92

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Capitulate to the screeching mob and..

..they simply demand more and more.

Note also that @gaywonk's statement is inaccurate, the slogan on the shirts in question do not bear that message.
Stalin's show trials: Cowardly Silicon Valley Edition.

The funny part is that this is all fizzling. The true believers always become desperate and wild-eyed at the end, attempting whatever harebrained schemes they can to keep the movement alive. What they believe is the final push before victory is actually the dying gasps of a movement that lost its relevancy and couldn't calcify its doctrines before tearing itself apart.

Reactions: RSB