• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vox reporter pushing for another Youtube Adpocolypse, over a channel that is already almost entirely demonetized.

CyberPanda

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Capitulate to the screeching mob and..

..they simply demand more and more.
(Source - worth a glance for the meltdowns in the replies)

Note also that @gaywonk's statement is inaccurate, the slogan on the shirts in question do not bear that message.
Carlos needs a good cock slap across the face. If he can’t handle jokes, why is he on social media?

Reactions: Oner and zelo-ca

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2018
Bill O'Reilly kept smearing an abortion doctor, Dr George Tiller til he was assassinated. O'Reilly absolutely should have been jailed for incitement.
That's not what incitement is. Are you suggesting that if someone ends up dead or injured as a result of them being insulted and criticized, the ones doing the most insulting and criticizing should be held responsible, even if they never advocated or suggested such action? That seems like a dangerous road to go down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oner

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Random dipshit you don't know hurls insult on the internet. You can now do one of two things:
1) Spend several hours/days bitching to a large tech company to come protect you.
2) Ignore them and move on with your life.

Why do these people never go with #2.

Reactions: CyberPanda

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
Asshole makes vid along "why don't we filter news through partisan lens".
Gets called out for BS.
Cries "harassment".
Youtube agrees and punishes the wrongthinker.

What a wonderful world.

Why do these people never go with #2.
I think you underestimate the consequences of what's going on.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
Capitulate to the screeching mob and..

..they simply demand more and more.
(Source - worth a glance for the meltdowns in the replies)

Note also that @gaywonk's statement is inaccurate, the slogan on the shirts in question do not bear that message.
It's just Gamergate all over again. News articles will quote him as if it qualifies as proof.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
would not be surprised if YT just keeps a list of alt right channels around that they can axe whenever they have a bad news day. the timing on this shit blowing up in the AM and then Youtube responding by killing a bunch of channels in PM is too clear of a pattern. they do this over and over.

Oct 26, 2018
- Schoolmates joke, cuss and flick ears of kid at school
- Kid whines, cries and hits back
- Kid's parents say act more maturely and ignore them

- Manbaby 1 joke, cuss and harasses Manbaby 2
- Manbaby 2 whines, cries and hits back
- Manbaby 2's parents who are now 70 years old......

....... "You moron. What did your mother and I tell you when you were 8 years old?"

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Authoritarian Left on full display. Cowards. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Google, yeah it's technocratic left, the left that will bend a knee to China so their movies are still profitable and then make a stink about Georgia. we know Google has been working with the Chinese government for a while, and you do not work for the Chinese government unless you are fine with doing as they say.

Youtube is a compromised platform. fortunately, due to the mass amount of stuff on it, it is possible to remain somewhat under the radar, at least for a bit. these people that have only been demonetized, well, they can still say whatever they want without making money, right? still, maybe we should look for something with more freedom. is there a way to code a P2P video delivery service? like SLSK but browsable streaming video? i dunno, i can see people splitting off entirely from the mainstream internet in the future...

IMO nobody is entitled to profit from Youtube except the company that owns it so hard to feel sad for those people. hopefully they have developed skills that will transfer to other jobs. this is sadly just how it is with digital media, one day you are working in Flash, doing tons of websites, all in Flash, and then 10 years later it is as useful as knowing ancient Greek.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2013
There's always gonna be that rubber band effect when anything shifts too far in one direction. In this instance, that is very broad and that could cover a wide range of scenarios, but there's clearly going to be a push back from the other side as the left gets emboldened. Not speaking about this specific drama per se, talking about the growing push from the far left to silence anything conservative or right even if it isn't extreme. This same dude attacked Dave Rubin. He's so fucking harmless it's laughable. If you try to paint Dave Rubin as hateful then you've lost all semblance of rationalism and are just a mindless drone with preconceived thought.

As the push to silence conservatives and those on the right grows, the right is going to push back, and speaking as someone who has no allegiance to any side whatsoever and just sits here and watch this shit play out, I can say that generally the right is way more die-hard and steadfast in their beliefs and they are not going to be afraid to kick shit up a notch. Eventually there's going to be a major boiling over point clash, and when the dust settles we'll see who wins. All this is doing is pissing off, motivating, and uniting the people they hate even more.

And in a roundabout, many degrees of separation way, I think general tiny stories like this are just adding up and adding up over time to varying degrees and will some kind of affect the 2020 election. Many people are gonna be terrified of where this country is gonna end up with the rise of the intolerant left, it's just getting worse every year, and if there's anything people don't like and are passionate about, it's their rights and freedoms being infringed upon. And all of those people are gonna run to the voting booths and give their vote to Trump. Not that Trump can do anything to influence stories like this, but people will vote for a guy they feel is in "their corner" on issues important to them.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

Does anyone else find it all too ironic that Vox picks a gay man, going in Pride month to be the outspoken token...

Going after said channels, YouTube demonetizes them, then comes out with a prepared blog saying they will will “Include more videos from authoritative sources (like top news channels) in the “watch next” panel...

Which will include Vox guaranteed, along with CNN, MSNBC, etc..

No, no, this wasn’t premeditated. Nah, not at all.

I like their usage of “authoritative” as well. ;)

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

Does anyone else find it all too ironic that Vox picks a gay man, going in Pride month to be the outspoken token...

Going after said channels, then YouTube demonetizes them, then comes out with a prepared blog saying they will will “Include more videos from authoritative sources (like top news channels) in the “watch next” panel...

Which will include Vox guaranteed, along with CNN, MSNBC, etc..

No, no, this wasn’t premeditated. Nah, not at all.

I like their usage of “authoritative” as well. ;)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Youtube is competition for the mainstream media.
Why do you think in the blog post after this wave of demonetization said they’re going to start promoting those “authoritative sources”.

This is no coincidence.

The Vox guy was just the token tool used to enact this. Guarantee Vox is on that promotion list, where as it would normally be just CNN, MSNBC, etc..

Last edited:

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
He should use his platform to really crush and crucify the guy rather than running to YouTube. Problem solved, fight fire with lava.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2018
He should use his platform to really crush and crucify the guy rather than running to YouTube. Problem solved, fight fire with lava.
That would require him to not be a pansy who cries himself to sleep whenever somebody mocks him on the internet.

The best possible option is to let it go. I don’t understand why there are so many thin-skinned idiots on the internet. If you can’t take the heat, maybe don’t put your fucking hand on the stove.

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005
Who is that? The people who post cat videos?

Luckily they don't really matter
Youtube was built off those people. Never forget. Also I have had channels in the past that had millions of views before and never did it for the money, One of my current channels is much smaller but it has over a million view total... very small really but they hardly promote channels that are not monetized anymore. Not like before google.

CyberPanda

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Youtube was built off those people. Never forget. Also I have had channels in the past that had millions of views before and never did it for the money, One of my current channels is much smaller but it has over a million view total... very small really but they hardly promote channels that are not monetized anymore. Not like before google.
Animal videos are the best.

Reactions: MetalAlien

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
That would require him to not be a pansy who cries himself to sleep whenever somebody mocks him on the internet.

The best possible option is to let it go. I don’t understand why there are so many thin-skinned idiots on the internet. If you can’t take the heat, maybe don’t put your fucking hand on the stove.
That's the best option, but he should just end the guy.