• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VRR and Series X

Freeman76

Hi guys, so I have a 4k HDR10 TV which has played numerous games on PS4 Pro and Xbox one X at 60FPS with no issues whatsoever.

Now I have a series X, and Valhalla has some really offputting screentearing.

People are telling me it's because my TV doesnt support VRR, but what I didn't understand is how can other games play well?

BDO is another example that on my 1X the screentear was horrendous but on my Series X it plays at a smooth 60 with no tearing at all!

WTF GAF?

Kagey K

Banned
The longer you wait to play a Ubi game the better it gets, (usually) but with everyone pushing graphics and 60 fps a VRR capable tv is going to be essential sooner rather than later.

manzo

This interests me, does the Series X support Freesync as VRR as One X did? My Samsung has VRR but no HDMI 2.1.

ANIMAL1975

This interests me, does the Series X support Freesync as VRR as One X did? My Samsung has VRR but no HDMI 2.1.
Good point _ i bought me a few months back, a 2019 series Samsung 55 Q70R i think it has some sort of vrr too and ALL.
That's why i went an extra buck for that model instead of the Q60. I'm i ok guys, anyone?

Top Bottom