• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wachowskis working on Matrix 4, says John Wick director, Keanu "wouldn't say no" to it

Rat Rage

Are you fucking with me ? Literally none of the questions i asked you are answered here.

Why Engineers wanted to destroy earth ? "emmm... because destruction and creation ! because there is sequel in making, why do you need answer ! Best Sci-fi is without answers !"

Who cares why they wanted to destroy Earth. First, Prometheus was the FIRST movie of a TRILOGY planned. Alien Covenant is actually the 2nd Prometheus movie. Why do you need everything answered in the first movie, or why do you need everything answered at all? If something is "not answered", it doesn't automatically mean it's illogical.

But even if this question wasn't answered. On top of my head I can easily think of 2 plausible things why the Engineers wanted to go to Earth or even destroy their creation there. A) they could have thought that there creation evolved in a wrong way (greedy, capitalistic motherfuckers like weyland yutani ruling the world) or B) they could have needed Earth as their own home, because something bad might have happend to the engineers themselves (maybe they played too much "god" with the black goo - in short, a very dangerous evolution enhancer) and needed Earth for themselves. Or C) something completely different which by that time just simply wasn't explained.

But anyway. I don't want to argue with you anymore. Believe what you want. Cheers.

Project Icream shooting in San Francisco, rumored to be moving to Germany for studio work next. Except for Jupiter Ascending, all Wachowski productions after Revolutions were at least partially shot in Germany. Even Ninja Assassin lol

Someone should make a production thread...

SuperGooey

Keanu is gonna have long hair and a beard? No black coat?

I wonder if this isn't Neo, but an reincarnation or something.

Last edited:
I reckon you could say they were one hit wonders, the magic of the matrix lay in its relatively low tech and stand alone vision of a gritty parallel reality... The two other films in the trilogy smacked of a George Lucas style spawning of as many shallow archetypal characters as possible in order to rope in as many new fans and merchandising/licensing windfalls as possible.. any reboot seems to me to be destined to take the path of the recent star wars trilogy of fabricating vignettes to excite people and get them in the gate then pulling the rug out with an ersatz plot.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member

I'd like where the "one", was reabsorbed into the matrix and that he has become the Oracle... Goes on a way to reobtain the eyes and finally free man. Either that or we learn there are multiple versions of the matrix and not all machines are friends with one another. Human bodies are their resources and they are fighting over them.

SuperGooey

I reckon you could say they were one hit wonders, the magic of the matrix lay in its relatively low tech and stand alone vision of a gritty parallel reality... The two other films in the trilogy smacked of a George Lucas style spawning of as many shallow archetypal characters as possible in order to rope in as many new fans and merchandising/licensing windfalls as possible.. any reboot seems to me to be destined to take the path of the recent star wars trilogy of fabricating vignettes to excite people and get them in the gate then pulling the rug out with an ersatz plot.
The Matrix sequels actually some really great ideas, the problem was that they were rushed. They needed a second or third draft to condense things and pace out the story better.

This new Matrix film seems like it is more of a passion projects for Lana Wachowski, so even if it ends up not being a great film, I'm sure it'll at least be inspired--something the Star Wars sequels were not.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned

Here’s why. : P

tfoVQt4.jpg

I’m not insulting Keanu, but people do get old, and have to change their styles to continue looking good. He looks really good with the beard. Not so much with the same style he had in his 20s/30s.

SuperGooey

tfoVQt4.jpg

I’m not insulting Keanu, but people do get old, and have to change their styles to continue looking good. He looks really good with the beard. Not so much with the same style he had in his 20s/30s.
That makes sense. He still doesn't look bad, but he looks far more badass with a beard.

Alex Winters looks the same!

Project Icream shooting in San Francisco, rumored to be moving to Germany for studio work next. Except for Jupiter Ascending, all Wachowski productions after Revolutions were at least partially shot in Germany. Even Ninja Assassin lol

looks like a piece of shit already.

Last edited:

GV82

tfoVQt4.jpg

QgWSSgI.jpg

94TQ0r1.jpg

Just a few different looks for keanu for bill and ted 3. 😁

Also John Wick 4 is out the same day as Matrix 4, he’s gonna need to keep the long hair during the filming of the matrix so he can go straight to filming wick.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned

lmao what is that McDonalds ski cap wig thing?

Rat Rage

I rewatched them recently. Matrix 1 is great. But 2 and 3 are cringey as fuckkkk.

No, they are not. The whole Trilogy is amazing. All 3 movies are visual, cinematographical, philosophical masterpieces. However, the story and deep elements only start to really gain steam after the first movie, which is great, but follows a pretty simple "what if everything is a dream" story. If merely introduces the whole world/setting, but with 2 and 3 everything gets really good.

I get why there are a bunch of people who just like the first one, though. Some people just don't like complex storylines.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I can't wait to be educated by a Matrix movie. That's where I go to learn about what things should make me feel guilty and how I should change my ways.

Ornlu

Banned
No, they are not. The whole Trilogy is amazing. All 3 movies are visual, cinematographical, philosophical masterpieces. However, the story and deep elements only start really gain steam after the first movie, which is great, but follows a pretty simple "what if everything is dream" story. If merely introduces the whole world/setting, but with 2 and 3 everything gets really good.

I get why there are a bunch of people who just like the first one, though. Some people just don't like complex storylines.

This is the worst take of all time. That's akin to thinking Robocop sucked, but 2 and 3 were amazing movies. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

GeorgPrime

Banned
I'm still adjusting to the fact that the Wachowskis are now chicks.

When they were talking about the Wachowskis i still had the picture of the two guys in my head. When i heard that they are women now... i was like "WTF.... you are kidding me?"

From blood brothers to period sisters. ;)

Last edited:

Faenrir

I like the 3 Matrix movies...never understood the criticism...people just wanted Matrix 1, 3 times. What would be the point ? Just go rewatch the first movie and be done with it.

tfoVQt4.jpg

He looks like Alan Rickman in that pic ! :messenger_open_mouth:

Last edited:

Ixion

The chateau/highway sequence in Reloaded is the best sequence in the entire trilogy, and the DBZ fight at the end of Revolutions is really cool, but as a whole the two sequels are not on the same level as the first movie because they're just too bloated. Way too many new characters are introduced that no one gives a shit about. And yeah, most of those new characters have a very lame and silly look to them. And Revolutions suffers from this more because most of the movie takes place outside of the Matrix.

I have a feeling this is going to be terrible, but I still can't wait to see what they do with it.

The second and third movies had some really cool concepts and ideas, they just didn't have someone to tell them to chill out a bit with some things.

Ememee

Reloaded lacked a lot of the resonating themes, scenes and character moments from the first. I’ll still go back and watch for some of the action.

Revolutions is..bless you if you like it, but eesh.

I still hold Matrix close to my heart so I’m appropriately excited for this all-the-while the logical side of my brain is screaming about all the red flags.

The original Matrix is one of the best films ever made IMO. The issue, is that it was never meant to be a trilogy. The creators had issues carrying on the story. I still enjoy them all, but they got progressively worse after the first.

Skyfox

Feminax Reloaded. Neo takes the pink pill this time.

I'd put the odds of this being a decent movie at about the same as the wachowskis squeezing out a single sperm cell.

DKehoe

The chateau/highway sequence in Reloaded is the best sequence in the entire trilogy, and the DBZ fight at the end of Revolutions is really cool, but as a whole the two sequels are not on the same level as the first movie because they're just too bloated. Way too many new characters are introduced that no one gives a shit about. And yeah, most of those new characters have a very lame and silly look to them. And Revolutions suffers from this more because most of the movie takes place outside of the Matrix.

I only saw the third somewhat recently and was surprised by how much of it is based in Zion. That's not what people were coming to those movies for.

Matrix 4 is delayed to April 2022 :messenger_hushed:
Godzilla vs Kong takes its May 2021 date. This piece of shit was in the can before the last Godzilla movie launched and it was originally scheduled for a May 2020 release.

bender

What time is it?
The original Matrix is one of the best films ever made IMO. The issue, is that it was never meant to be a trilogy. The creators had issues carrying on the story. I still enjoy them all, but they got progressively worse after the first.

I'd love a cut of the first movie without the closing telephone booth/superman scene. Or maybe that was our warning for how off the deep end possible sequels would be.

I'll still watch the 4th. Love Keanu even if most of his movies are a miss for my tastes.

Top Bottom