• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wachowskis working on Matrix 4, says John Wick director, Keanu "wouldn't say no" to it

morelan

As much as I like the first Matrix movie, nothing the Wachowskis directed after that gives me any hope that Matrix 4 will be good. Jupiter Ascending in particular is so mind-blowingly awful that I can't even fathom how they deeemed it good enough to be released.

Grinchy

Banned
As much as I like the first Matrix movie, nothing the Wachowskis directed after that gives me any hope that Matrix 4 will be good. Jupiter Ascending in particular is so mind-blowingly awful that I can't even fathom how they deeemed it good enough to be released.
Yep, and Cloud Atlas has to be the worst of the bunch. It makes Jupiter Ascending look like a good movie.

Kadayi

Banned
200.gif

Agreed with others

I would have gone with: -

200.gif

But they already fucked the first film DP style with Reloaded and Revolutions, now they're just going for Airtight I guess 🤔

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Name leaked, it's Matrix Resurrections.
Notice the digital rain on the card lol
Hopefully it's not as bad as this:

halloween-resurrection-poster.jpg

I kid. I'm looking forward to it. The sequels to The Matrix weren't as good, but I did think Reloaded was very solid. Looking forward to seeing Keanu as Neo again. One of his best roles for sure. I love Keanu, but he can be a tad wooden at times.

Arkam

No. No! Bad dog! (Whack!!) hope that got this horrid idea out of their system. They absolutely butchered the franchise already with those god awful sequels. Just let it die.

Tschumi

Just... What is the end game...

.. And if the matrix is a metaphor for transgenderism, what's next after he shuts down the system and reboots it with a place for everyone?

Surely Hugo weaving wouldn't make a, like, 6th comeback?

The sequels are not that bad. I watch them every 5 years or so and enjoy them every time. It’s not like we get cool, original big budget sci-fi action movies every month. I just don’t understand the hate. I am thankful that these movies exist and that we are getting another sequel.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Really loving what the Wachowskis have done since Matrix, (Cloud Atlas is sooooo good) but... I can't help but ask myself why Matrix 4.
I'm still gonna lose my shit when the trailer drop

Roni

Gold Member
Really loving what the Wachowskis have done since Matrix, (Cloud Atlas is sooooo good) but... I can't help but ask myself why Matrix 4.
I'm still gonna lose my shit when the trailer drop
Cloud Atlas is top 2 for me, glad to see someone else giving it some love!

God Enel

Cloud atlas was amazing. Jupiter ascending was the biggest piece of shit movie I have seen in my life. It was just bad from start to finish. Absolutely horrible

Valonquar

Nobody wanted the first matrix 3 times, what we wanted was quality script writing and special effects of the first 3 times.
Never could be that since they literally STOLE the first story. They had to to brain trust the 2nd & 3rd films to create something that awful.

John2290

I can't do it. It's gonna be laced with social politics if if even just one of those "women" are heading the films now.

Top Bottom