• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait a second, wasn't Salma Hayek married to Antonio Banderas? [Mandela effect?]

GAMETA

Banned
America is one big Truman Show for the rest of the world.

It is, I grew up watching US movies, dreaming of living in the suburbs with houses without fences and going out on halloween to trick or treat.

You export this idea, the american dream, to the whole fucking world, and later ask yourselves "why does this 3rd world scum want to live in muh country!?"

I guarantee this was not considered when making billions of dollars exporting your entertainment :)

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why are you even thinking about Antonio Flags?

TBH, I would say that while I believe it is technically possible to "slip" into slightly different versions of reality based on MWI, I think that most of these Mandela Effect phenomenon are bunk because so many people claim to experience them. It should be limited to one person because such a slip is vanishingly unlikely to happen. It still has probably happened to most of us without us even realizing it, though, if you consider the scale of the universe. It is unlikely that the slip would "rewrite" something in Earth pop culture or history versus some star a million LY away suddenly blinking out of existence, or some strange alien thing on another world suddenly having twenty-one tentacles instead of twenty.

Last edited:

dyreschlock

Maybe you're thinking of Original Sin with Antonio Banderas and Angelina Jolie, but then further confusing that with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, who were actually married.

Corrik

But you really should be thinking of From Dusk til Dawn
Why? Banderas isn't in that movie and Hayek is legit fucking naked in Desperado. She is a goddess in that movie. Is in From Dusk Til Dawn also, but it is another level in Desperado.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Why? Banderas isn't in that movie and Hayek is legit fucking naked in Desperado. She is a goddess in that movie. Is in From Dusk Til Dawn also, but it is another level in Desperado.
I'll agree with all that.
Except that Banderas isn't necessary ;) ;)

Top Bottom