• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait, is PS+ and PS now rolled into one now?

I just renewed my Playstation subscription through the app yesterday and paid the $60.00. When I logged into my PS5 I went to the subscription tab and it said im good until 3/1/2023. When I backed out, it said i had the PS NOW sub. I clicked on it and it had the same date when it expires 3/1/23.

I never had PS NOW and never signed up for it. I even checked my debit card and i was only charged for the PS+. I know Sony wants to introduce a gamepass equivalent, is this the start of it?

Anyone else experience this recently?

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Can you access all of the content too? Adding now to plus would be a crazy value addition if the price stayed the same

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Something is going on, I subscribe to both. Now when I go in it looks like I have 2 PS+ subscriptions, both expiring on the same date.

TLZ

Banned
I just renewed my Playstation subscription through the app yesterday and paid the $60.00. When I logged into my PS5 I went to the subscription tab and it said im good until 3/1/2023. When I backed out, it said i had the PS NOW sub. I clicked on it and it had the same date when it expires 3/1/23.

I never had PS NOW and never signed up for it. I even checked my debit card and i was only charged for the PS+. I know Sony wants to introduce a gamepass equivalent, is this the start of it?

Anyone else experience this recently?
Can you try downloading PS3 game and see it if works?

Or try playing anything from Now?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So what’s the advice? Stack 3 years of Plus now for 3 years of Now before the new pricing structure is rolled out?

That's a gamble. If the report is to be believed (same Bloomberg that have been saying a Switch Pro is imminent for about 2 years now) then the lowest tier is still Plus only and will probably be cheaper than it currently is. You might end up overpaying for three years of Plus.

I'm not sure what the refund policy on Plus is like. Some people say 14 days but I don't see how that's the case when Sony are such hard-asses about not refunding anyone who even started to download a game.

That said I'm about to reply to the next post about how Sony will probably not be shitheads and honour time added, so I would bet the worst that happens is you just end up with 4 years of Plus.

Last edited:

mitch1971

So if you are paying one price for both now, how are they going to work out both my subs I payyed for this year. extend my ps plus another year?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So if you are paying one price for both now, how are they going to work out both my subs I payyed for this year. extend my ps plus another year?

If the report is to be believed, and if Sony aren't shitheads about the transition, presumably they will put you on the joint tier, calculate how much extra dough you would have paid previously and credit your free months.

Navigating Sony stuff is like Aloy not climbing a Tallneck and the world is just clouds and fog of unknown.
Yesterday It was said that Funimation had their content moved to Crunchyroll. I looked to move my que lists over and No it turns out only some stuff and only new stuff but maybe someday other stuff.
Nice and foggy Sony.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
You can actually get PS+ + PS Now at current price before they scale it?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Markio128

Maybe they will stop giving out free titles each month with the standard PS+ and allow you access to PS Now instead? Actually makes sense if true.

iHaunter

They're ditching PS Now as a brand and just going with Plus. No idea of exactly when its getting revamped yet, just soon.

At least that's what the leaks say.
I'm glad, because I never understood PS Now. It was a stupid name that had no context to what it actually meant.

Allforce

We need OP to try a streaming title or download something he doesn't already own to see if he actually has access to the PS Now games or this is just a glitch.

I have subs to both or I'd try.

Navigating Sony stuff is like Aloy not climbing a Tallneck and the world is just clouds and fog of unknown.
Yesterday It was said that Funimation had their content moved to Crunchyroll. I looked to move my que lists over and No it turns out only some stuff and only new stuff but maybe someday other stuff.
Nice and foggy Sony.

They should have created an import/merge function, it isn't rocket science.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Is this just when you renew?

EDIT: Still wants £50 off me for a year of Now.

Last edited:
Maybe they will stop giving out free titles each month with the standard PS+ and allow you access to PS Now instead? Actually makes sense if true.
That sounds good at first, but what I like about PS+ over services like GamePass or PS Now, is games you get off PS+ are never removed as long as you're subscribed. Big titles leave GP every month (we just lost Control, Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier Automata, Surge 2, Titanfall, etc, for example), same with PS Now.

My CURRENT total PS+ library from years of collecting puts to shame the games I currently have access to on GamePass and PS Now combined.

NewYork214

Since they are messing around with tiers to plus. maybe as a teaser they will let everyone with plus currently have a higher tier for their remaining months already on account before the change. Idk

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That sounds good at first, but what I like about PS+ over services like GamePass or PS Now, is games you get off PS+ are never removed as long as you're subscribed. Big titles leave GP every month (we just lost Control, Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier Automata, Surge 2, Titanfall, etc, for example), same with PS Now.

My CURRENT total PS+ library from years of collecting puts to shame the games I currently have access to on GamePass and PS Now combined.
That's one of the best things about PS+. I hope we get to keep it. I even wouldn't mind fewer games if we keep this feature.

skit_data

They should just unveil this stuff now, it’s practically out in the open that the two services are merging.

Markio128

Yeah, good point - I’m in the same boat tbh. I suppose if they permanently dropped all of the PS+ titles into the service, then that would be ideal. It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Banned
does psn now include ps1 games? Can I finally play xenogears (best xeno) on my tv again?

do you have an Xbox One/X or Series X/S? if so you can do so now :)

a PC also works of course if you have the possibility to connect it to your TV.

or you could softmod a PlayStation Classic.

what I'm saying is, there are like hundreds of ways to play PS1 games on a modern TV with really good image quality. if your phone/tablet can output an HDMI signal over USB-C, that's also a pretty convenient way to do it.

Last edited:
Tell me I can import my PS1 and PS2 memory card save data and I'll join :messenger_grinning:

That's the interesting thing to see how they're going to do this, there are tiers to the effort here I feel.

#1 PS1-3 games on PS Now via streaming. Very poor effort.
#2 PS1-3 games via native emulators allowing you to play digital games via a dashboard.
#3 PS1-3 games via native emulators allowing you to play digital games via a local library.
#4 PS1-3 games via native emulators allowing you to play digital and physical games.

If you take a look at what we know about Sony, the PS5, and the PS1-4, we can come to a likely conclusion.

The PS5 doesn't support CDs. Whether this is hardware or licensing restriction, I'm not sure of. So I think we can likely rule out #4

So what about people who bought PS1-3 digital games? PS4 didn't support games you owned before, so I doubt that changes here either. #2 and #3 are likely gone.

That pretty much leaves #1 a specially curated list of games from PS1-3, the vast majority being first-party titles that are only available via streaming.

Just add Crunchyroll to PS Plus already, Jimbo you coward!!!!

After Microsoft already did this, I'm not sure how they could pass this up.

Bundling is the name of the game in subscriptions, particularly tiered subscriptions. I think it benefits both SPE and SIE. The increased revenue from converting some of these unpaid subscribers to a paid model has to help right? I guess it depends on how much ad revenue Crunchyroll actually gets from free users who don't block the ads.

Fox Mulder

I subscribed to both Now and PS+, and now the website says I have two separate 12 month PS+ subscriptions renewing on 4/7.

Keihart

Sadly most of them are hostage on PS3 with terrible download support now that you can't access the old store on PC .

yurinka

Tell me we can download PS1/PS2 games and Ill join. The PS3/Vita library of PS1&PS2 games, not the crappy PS4 version
You always have been able to download the PS2 games of PS Now on PS4 and PS5 (their PS4 version with added trophies).

Tell me you can download and play PS3 games off PSNOW and we can get excite
Won't happen, a huge portion of important games wouldn't run at full speed on a PS5. According to an Insomniac / ICE engine programmer and according to the programmer of the best PS3 emulator for PC PS5 would need extra hardware to emulate PS3 properly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom