• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait, wait... Jade (BG&E) was black??

Branduil

karasu said:
eh? What europeans are that dark with uber dark hair, eyes, eyebrows, etc, and names like Jade(a name western writers tend to give female asian characters)?

Uhhh... Greeks, Spaniards, other ethnics groups. There's more to Europe than Norway, I'm pretty sure.

Lobster

Banned
karasu said:
eh? What europeans are that dark with uber dark hair, eyes, eyebrows, etc, and names like Jade(a name western writers tend to give female asian characters)?

:lol :lol

Lee N

Membre
Alyx is based on this Woman:

12-AV4.jpg

In keeping with it's movie inspired themes, if you were a black character in a Metal Gear game, you wouldn't last until the end (except Sigint, he dies in MGS).

bluemax

Banned
Verboten said:
In keeping with it's movie inspired themes, if you were a black character in a Metal Gear game, you wouldn't last until the end (except Sigint, he dies in MGS).

You play too much MGS.

maxmars

karasu said:

Anything under Roma will do. And that's only in Italy. Then you have Greece, Portugal and to a lesser extent Spain and Romania. And of course France, but that's because they've had a lot of people coming from Africa after the war.

e.g.

gruppo%20canto.jpg

Xavien

karasu said:

To be fair, her real name is Shauni, which is a name more in-line with europeans then with asians. Personally, i think she's european with a tan :)

chriskun

sort of an unrelated statement, but why do European women wear such horrible jeans?? It almost ruins their hottness.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Grecco said:
:D
augustgv7.jpg

Might have not been the first but who cares. Hes the freaking man.

The Cole Train was born for the rails, baby!

maxmars said:
Anything under Roma will do. And that's only in Italy. Then you have Greece, Portugal and to a lesser extent Spain and Romania. And of course France, but that's because they've had a lot of people coming from Africa after the war.[/IMG]

I'm reminded Dennis Hopper's famous monologue in True Romance.

As for the article, it's a good read, even if the author neglected to include the protagonists of some classically unplayable games such as Bebe's Kids, Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style and American McGee Presents American McGee's Bad Day LA.

maxmars

Jerry Whorebach said:
I'm reminded Dennis Hopper's famous monologue in True Romance.

(My post has been deleted in the chaos ensued today)

Anyway yes good memory. :)

But it was the other way around. It was first greek people who colonized the island (with some african and native blood), then came the arabs, and at last (right after year 1k) came the Normans, which repelled the arabs in about 50-60 years.

Nowadays you have mostly a greek type (which is very cool: gorgeous women that do not become minivans with age, unlike in most of northern europe), with some arabian and northern european faces popping out here and there in localized spots.

I go there from time to time, and I'm always amused, going from Ragusa to Piazza Armerina is like having Greece bordering with east Germany.

Squeak

Answer to the OP: Does it really fck'n matter?! They look what they look like and that's all you need to know.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!

I remember when Jade looked like this. I love the game but I'm still pissed they had to "Ripley" her up with a head band.

Blablurn

To me Alyx looks like a realistic version of JAde. She even has that head-thingy.
btw, I think the old jade was prettier than the new design. Wnat it in part 2 ( ;) )

Gattsu25

Banned
bishoptl said:
They are both the colour of hotness, ie. real women.

Unlike those fapfests populated with inflated Itagaki titty dolls that you sad wankers keep purchasing.
Ayup

Urban Chaos (original) was fun

saelz8

Unbiased Basturd said:
lol Jade is hispanic.

Also, this thread taught me that as soon as you're not completely and obviously "white", you are "black". Awesome.
One drop rule, welcome to America.

Verboten said:
That was never proven.

jetjevons said:

I remember when Jade looked like this. I love the game but I'm still pissed they had to "Ripley" her up with a head band.

I love how soft the character model looks. Very nice technique.

Ganondorfo

BTW is it me or does the voice actor of alucard (symphony of the night) sounds black?

Another great black videogamecharacter for me is

mgs-raven.jpg

Dave Long

Banned
augustgv7.jpg

"Bring it on sucka!"

also...

"I'm in the zone, baby!"

Best online shooter character since the Duke who would utter a perfectly timed "Holy SHIT!" when rockets were going off like firecrackers all around you, provided you survived.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Ganondorfo said:
BTW is it me or does the voice actor of alucard (symphony of the night) sounds black?

Another great black videogamecharacter for me is

mgs-raven.jpg
+1 respect to Ganondorfo. Raven is one of my favorite MGS bosses.

way more

Double_Dragon_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

"Are all the bosses you fight black?"

Me: No Mom, some are green.

"But the thugs you fight, they are mostly black?"

Me: God damnit, Murphy Brown isn't on for six more minutes!"

I figured jade was at least half black but most likely fully blooded.

Edit: image

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
MickeyKnox said:
Raven was awesome but he was definitely not black. He was native american, an Inuit IIRC
True, I was just expressing my love for the guy. Wasn't he from Alaska, as shaman or something?

Top Bottom