Wall or No Wall?

Wall or No Wall?

• Wall

Votes: 93 50.5%
  • No Wall

Votes: 91 49.5%

• Total voters
May 22, 2018
Walls appear to reduce crossings in places where the wall is built. Go figure.
Walls are easily bypassed. Go figure.

Border agency shares video of migrants scaling wall with ladder

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) released a video this week showing what they said is a group of migrants scaling a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border with a ladder.

As many as 110 migrants made their way over the barrier, according to a tweet from CBP Arizona, which said the group was apprehended by U.S. border patrol officials. The smuggler who aided the group can be seen in the video escaping back into Mexico and was not caught, officials said.

"On Monday #CBP #YumaSector Border Patrol agents apprehended a group of 110+ Central Americans who illegally scaled the wall with the assistance of a smuggler with a ladder," the agency tweeted Wednesday.

Video of the encounter shows the migrants being detained by border patrol agents while the smuggler flees on foot.
https://thehill.com/latino/426857-b...igrants-climbing-over-border-wall-with-ladder

And you expect people like me to support a billion dollar boondoggle that can be evaded by spending $30 at the hardware store?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Walls are easily bypassed. Go figure.

https://thehill.com/latino/426857-b...igrants-climbing-over-border-wall-with-ladder

And you expect people like me to support a billion dollar boondoggle that can be evaded by spending $30 at the hardware store?
This doesn't refute what I said.

Border crossings are significantly lower where there are walls.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that an ideologue such as yourself sees things in absolutes: either the wall stops every crossing infallibly, or it's not worth it.

May 20, 2007
Walls appear to reduce crossings in places where the wall is built. Go figure.
Racist.

The way I look at it either the wall lowers illegal immigration or serves as an eternal joke to laugh at.

Either way I'm pretty sure the government has lost more money being shut down than what this wall would have cost to build.

May 22, 2018
This doesn't refute what I said.

Border crossings are significantly lower where there are walls.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that an ideologue such as yourself sees things in absolutes: either the wall stops every crossing infallibly, or it's not worth it.
When we are talking about billions of taxpayers dollars that could be used elsewhere? You better bet your ass I am gonna expect more.

Nov 20, 2018
I cant believe this is even an issue. Every country needs a proper border or wall to prevent invaders, even the Middle ages were aware of this when they build walls around small towns. Sure, theres many ways to get over the wall, but it still reduces the invasion numbers.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018
I voted no wall, A wall will be seen as provocation, it will fuel hatred, sadness, violence and depressive thoughts for those people that will encounter it also as I understand will do unnecessary damage of earth landscape, as well as make wild life having difficulties at areas..

Just look at wall history of Berlin. Or play Paper Please.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
I cant believe this is even an issue. Every country needs a proper border or wall to prevent invaders, even the Middle ages were aware of this when they build walls around small towns. Sure, theres many ways to get over the wall, but it still reduces the invasion numbers.
I can't tell if you are being serious or not.

Jan 14, 2015
Connecticut
He won based on technicality alone with an impossible and outlandish campaign promise that a foreign government would pay for a foreign border wall project. The absurdity of all this is not that people are suffering for this, but that a minority is willing to stretch their defense of this being "a promise kept" to the point of snapping.

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Indeed, the wall around Germany, for instance, is glorious. Due to the EU, we had to move most of the wall to other countries though, unfortunately.

Aug 22, 2018
The effectiveness of a border wall is not even in dispute. In countries that have implemented one, there was a 99% reduction in illegal crossings, see: Israel, Hungary.

I'm not one for emotional or idealist arguments, only pragmatic solutions.
The cost is almost nothing relative to the savings from not having to subsidize illegal aliens and their children for generations. The senators who complain about the cost argue in bad faith, Chuck Schumer for example, a dual Israeli-US citizen, was more than happy to approve 38 Billion dollars in tax payer money to Israel, but a border wall to affirm US sovereighnty, stop human trafficking, and prevent crime as well as drugs crossing the border is FAR too expensive at 6 Billion out of a several trillion dollar budget.
Senators like him know what they are doing.
It looks bad because it is, they push for the acceleration of demographic change by leaving the border open, all but ensuring Democrat's ideas are the only ones speaking to voting blocs in the US and use any excuse to maintain the status quo until it's too late.

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
I tend to differ to people that work the border and live near borders, they seem unanimous that it’s needed. Democrats voted for it in 2013 and it’s obviously become a political matter to obstruct Trump and his agenda, which he’s been consistent on from the beginning.

Anyone that says it’s immoral or it’s not who we are, what about the Statue of Liberty, think of the children etc. I would contend do we really want people who’s first act entering the country is breaking through our border illegally? And more importantly, are you willing to absorb the cost of the welfare programs, medical expenses and the estimated 120 billion illegal immigration costs us annually? Can they stay at your house? Are you willing to fund them? I can say without hesitation that I’m not. Empathy alone isn’t a solution. Americans should always be our first priority. Immigration should be merit based. I want the best and the brightest, not legions of unskilled workers that drive down labor costs. The welfare state is just an advertisement for free stuff as long as you make it across.

On a personal level, any large immigrant population alters the fabric of a country. I went to high school in Maryland, I graduated in 1985. There were maybe a few dozen Hispanic kids from various countries in a graduating class of 1200 students. That same school today is 80% Hispanic and the surrounding town has been completely altered. Virtually unrecognizable from when I grew up. This rapid change hurts our culture. Change is inevitable, but give people time to truly assimilate. Not just work here, send money home and never have any personal attachment to being American.

Mass immigration hasn’t been positive here, or anywhere else imo. A border wall combined with improved surveillance seems reasonable and humane.

Last edited:
May 17, 2012
Canada
DHS asked for a wall, they have data that shows wherever they put one reduces the flow of drugs, trafficking, illegal crossings. Yet we have all these bullshit "experts" on MSM saying they don't work. I love how the security apparatus is infallible until it doesn't fit your narrative.

It isn't a 2k mile wall. We are down to a couple hundred of miles of extending what they have, reinforcing what exists as much of it was only designed to stop automobiles. The rest will be covered by natural walls and electronic walls in areas where it is miles from developed area and apprehension is possible. Electronic walls only work in this situation. They are worthless in areas where whatever is coming over can slip into an urban area. The proposal included more technology for points of entry to help curb drugs crossing. However if you only do that you are just playing a shell game where they will move to the next easiest point of entry. With no barriers they will just driving across 40 miles away from where they are now. This is at least 65b/yr industry. Slowing it down/making it harder/more expensive is the goal. Even a 40% reduction in drugs crossing the border is worth the cost of the wall. Anyone against the current proposal from the republicans are just misinformed sheep or worthless ideologues.

Feb 21, 2018
To controll the boarder is ofcourse understandable but the wall will not help. When someone wants to cross the border a wall will not stop this person.
My father in law was raised in West-Berlin and told my about the 30 years he lived there. The wall was never the obstacle that stopped East germany citizens on their way to west germany/Berlin. It were the extreme dense surveillance and mines at the borders. The Wall itself was just a symbol. I'm sure a modern GDR would not waste resources für a big physical wall.
Trump just wants his useless billion dollar monument. You guys shoukld invest this money in modern systems. The democrat proposal is the right way to go and most republicans know that!
Not true, look at Israel that has built its fence and wall and has stopped suicide bombing terrorists from getting in. Hamas has tried to build tunnels but Israel has been able to detect and destroy them, and those tunnels are costly and many people have died building them.

Walls/Fences work, if not why would 77 countries around the world have them? Considiring the asking price is only 5.7 bill and the Dems already said they were willing to give 5 bill for non wall purposes I don't see this as a cost issue.

May 10, 2009
Aug 22, 2018
Most gouverment workers make a good pay. If they were smart they would have an emergency funds to last them 3+ months. Plus a lot of their positions should be privatized anyways.
Most government workers, like 85% are middle class and can't sustain all their bills and expenses nor should they have to. People shouldn't have to blow through their last several years of savings to cover this small dick contest in the government. Luckily I have been saving for years and have a few side hobbies that I can monotize, but I just want to get the fuck back to work at this point.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018
I agree that he should stubbornly try to keep his election promise until he's out in 2020 and the Democrats get a resounding majority.

Let the Trumptards eat Trump.
Yet it's the same damn thing Democrats wanted 4 years ago, so they just look like angsty teens that can't accept their new step dad who wants the same things they used to want, but it's not cool anymore.

This is as much on them just as much if not more since they are all fucking hypocrites.

May 10, 2009
I agree that he should stubbornly try to keep his election promise until he's out in 2020 and the Democrats get a resounding majority.

Let the Trumptards eat Trump.
Surprisingly I agree. If this cost Trump the 2020 election, not that I believe it will, so be it. Stick to what you say.

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
If a wall is the best way to stop the influx of illegal immigration, then I think it should be built. If a wall doesn't do anything, then it would be a waste. It's hard for me to have a strong opinion on this because I know jack shit about border protection. It's like asking me what I think the federal reserve should change the interest rate to - how the fuck should I know?

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
If a wall is the best way to stop the influx of illegal immigration, then I think it should be built. If a wall doesn't do anything, then it would be a waste. It's hard for me to have a strong opinion on this because I know jack shit about border protection. It's like asking me what I think the federal reserve should change the interest rate to - how the fuck should I know?
Right? I mean there are some things where you have to accept you don’t have a clue. But everyone is a border security expert now evidently. It’s like that Bill Burr bit, you have a broken sink you don’t sit there and tell the plumber what needs to be done, you let him do his job and shut the fuck up. If you don’t trust the plumber why are you hiring him in the first place lol.

May 20, 2007
Trump should provide a study that proves the exact plan and why we need one.
Perhaps he should, but such a document would be so overwhelmingly stuffed with meaningless jargon that it would be rendered impossible to understand for 95% of the population. Given how the US is run, the last 5% would just lie about what is in it to suit their political agenda, so it really wouldn't accomplish anything.

Also the reason why we should do it is because it costs more money to keep the government shut down than the damned wall costs. Let us erect a monument to childishness in government for all to see for decades to come. We can add a plaque "We had to build this to get the damned government officials back to work."

Heck, if the wall is as big of a failure as many suspect it will be, a literal monument to failed policies would certainly be helpful in future elections, no?

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018
Isn’t it logical that people wants to have a secure place to live, so a wall might stop that but if you keep ignoring what is driving the movement from there homes then it will just end in a bloody invasion. Because people will have no other choice.. will USA be ready to kill innocent civil people trying to move in to a place that habitable and secure?

I still think that globalization is a mistake, what was needed was to have strict enforcement of population, so we don’t end in these scenarios as where people are trying to push away there own cause to the problem they have very much been a part in creating.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I am against the idea of putting up physical barriers between countries because in an ideal world the people inhabiting those countries would respect the laws. We do not live in that world.

Both Democrats and Republicans have voted for and raised physical barriers in order to help address the illegal border crossings that have become a very costly problem for the country at large. The Border Patrol agents responsible for monitoring that border in large part agree that a physical barrier is a necessary component - not the only component - to strong border security. CBS News just this morning had a report filed from the Arizona/Mexico border where the agent riding along with the reporter not only stated a physical barrier was helpful/necessary, but that the situation at the border was, in his words, a "crisis." The reporter made sure to ask him if it was indeed a crisis and he didn't walk it back.

So, I leave it to the experts. Maybe if your elected officials weren't so incompetent, incapable of coming to compromises on major issues over the last couple of decades then maybe it would have never come to this point, but it does seem a physical barrier is a necessity along a greater stretch of that border.

May 12, 2005
I agree with combatting influxes of illegal immigrants no matter what country but the wall doesn't seem like a worthwhile solution. Unfortunately I don't even know what a proper solution could be. I don't agree with thinking all illegal immigrants are murderers/drug smugglers/etc, as there are good people trying to escape really bad situations and I wish there were different and accessible avenues they could take to legally immigrate into a new country.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
He campaigned on a wall AND Mexico paying for it. He ain’t delivering on that promise. 100% take it to the bank.
Trump can still make the case that the only reason the wall isn't being built and isn't being funded by Mexico is because the Democrats won't allow it... and he'll be right.

The El Chapo act would take $14B in seized assets from the drug kingpin and use it to pay for the wall. It obviously requires Democrat votes.

Jul 28, 2018
Walls are for idiots, which explains how he got elected by running on building a wall....paid for entirely by mexicans. And then the irradiated oompa loompa shut down the government because he wasn't being given billions of american taxpayer money. LOL and then he got his ass kicked by Nancy Pelosi. What a huge loser.

May 17, 2012
Canada
Walls are for idiots, which explains how he got elected by running on building a wall....paid for entirely by mexicans. And then the irradiated oompa loompa shut down the government because he wasn't being given billions of american taxpayer money. LOL and then he got his ass kicked by Nancy Pelosi. What a huge loser.
Welcome back, you have learned much.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Build the wall and increase security at airports for illegal entry. Building the wall is a 5 billion dollar injection into the economy that will create thousands of jobs.