Wall street journal hacked by pewdiepie fans

odhin

Sep 4, 2018
That's a massive strawman and you know it.

I'm talking about people doing relatively drastic things in service to an individual that, for all intents and purposes, isn't even aware they exist, along with how those actions are often disruptive/destructive and people cheer them on for that and not despite that.
Can we please not use that word, c'mon, its 2018!
Strawpeople please!

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Jun 10, 2004
Uh. Yes.

He has 77 million subscribers on one of the most popular sites on the internet.

He has raised hundreds of thousands for charities.

He makes and kills memes.

He is extremely relatable and "real".

He uploads original content every day.

It's pretty fucking obvious people like and are willing to defend their favorite personality from being slandered by media that has less of a following than he does.
Jeez, you're pissy.

I've seen his videos. He's pretty shit. I usually give up after 30 seconds of him laughing at his own jokes and randomly grunting or screaming. It's "Ow my balls" level of humour.

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Jeez, you're pissy.

I've seen his videos. He's pretty shit. I usually give up after 30 seconds of him laughing at his own jokes and randomly grunting or screaming. It's "Ow my balls" level of humour.
Pissy? What are you my 65 year old mother?
I mean you were the one who did the low quality drive by but ok... I'm pissy.
I'm sure you like things enough to defend them.
When people I like get slandered to this level it makes me pretty upset yeah.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Jun 25, 2018
The stillness of time.
Jeez, you're pissy.

I've seen his videos. He's pretty shit.
So you haven't seen his video's then.

Its funny how anti-PDPers usually cite the obvious remarks that these terrible clickbait sites give out but never ought to give a geniune and balanced impression. I don't mind if anyone likes or dislikes PDP, but i'd love to read some original reasonings instead of copypasting the same trite that is instantly recognizable coming from other sites.

I usually give up after 30 seconds of him laughing at his own jokes and randomly grunting or screaming. It's "Ow my balls" level of humour.
Yesterday was a Tik_Tok one on the ''Monster'' meme. Its low-key but some of the stuff is just simplistic golden.*

*You also ought to have a weird sense of humor to find it hilarious, though. Given PDP and I are of the same birthmonth, i relate more often to his kind of humor than i wish i did.

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
But isn't a big part of what the fanbase is so fervently trying to prove (while also pretending isn't the truth so that they can remain 'counter-culture' in some way) is that PewDiePie is effectively mass media by sheer numbers, and therefore these "kids," many of which are actually adults and even more of which are absolutely old enough to know better, are actually just being obnoxious in the pursuit of attention from a mass media figure?
I don't know about you but I for one get all of my news from Gloria Borger.

Dude Abides

Banned
Apr 8, 2009
I never realized people could get so emotionally attached to an e-celebrity that they would commit crimes to defend his honor. Crazy shit.

Last edited:

Hissing Sid

Feb 19, 2015
I never realized people could get so emotionally attached to an e-celebrity that they would commit crimes to defend his honor. Crazy shit.
I never realised journalists could get so emotionally distressed by an e-celebrity that they would lie and twist facts to impune his honour. Crazy shit.

SoulUnison

Dec 4, 2011
Portland, OR
I don't know about you but I for one get all of my news from Gloria Borger.
I have no idea who that is, to the point that I don't think I've ever heard the name before, so...
Great point - meaningful comment, I guess?

If you couldn't tell, this is the comment equivalent of a shrug and an eye roll.

Last edited:

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
I have no idea who that is, to the point that I don't think I've ever heard the name before, so...

If you couldn't tell, this is the comment equivalent of a shrug and an eye roll.
Only the most pre-eminent source of news on youtube. Truly a mass media international symbol.

MrTickles

Feb 22, 2018

MrTickles

Feb 22, 2018
It's not rocket science. A cursory 5 second google search would yield all the answers you seek, padawan.

May 22, 2018
Gonna bookmark this thread that way I can remember all you celebrating and laughing at this next time something similar happens to an organization or person on the Right and you all are calling for action lol

Last edited:

njr

Jan 26, 2009
For a hack this is pretty tame, to call this cult like behavior is a misunderstanding of what is essentially a meme.

Nov 13, 2016
Gonna bookmark this thread that way I can remember all you celebrating and laughing at this next time something similar happens to an organization or person on the Right and you all are calling for action lol
I would certainly hope no one will ever call for action when a meme is posted on a hacked web page with absolutely no victims to speak of.