• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart reportedly clearing out Xbox One with Kinect stock - $250.00 in store (YMMV)

dugdug

Banned
Jesus. I bought this thing for $500 almost exactly one year ago. I know this isn't an official price drop, but...man.

big_z

They did the same with vita($90) a month or two ago. It was specific stores only, most likely a pricing error or a bit of overstock they needed to clear. Doesn't hurt to look/ask an employee to price it but don't get your hopes up.

FinKL

It's extremely YMMV as I recall, each Walmart department head makes the clearance price decision and obviously, some are not well versed on retail pricing of their electronics.

I like to think about how nice that canoe would have been. Maybe it'll happen again someday.

$250 is a hell of a deal, would definitely jump on that price.

Darknight

Too bad its not showing online else you could try to PM say on Target. I know a person who got a WiiU for $60 for PM Sears or something.

Brudinho

Banned
Holy shit , this is the real deal
Would buy two for that price and I really like Kinect for voice commands and the IR transmitter

Flandy

All Walmart clearance sales are extremely YMMV.
It'd be a waste of your time to check your local Walmart. 99.99% chance your Walmart won't have this deal.

All Walmart clearance sales are extremely YMMV.
It'd be a waste of your time to check your local Walmart. 99.99% chance your Walmart won't have this deal.

Right, but another poster reported seeing this deal (and they were clearing out Vitas a few weeks ago).

Occasionally, they clear out nation-wide. It's rare, but it does happen.

jaxpunk

Ya I'd skip this too, especially if you live in the same town as me.

I totally won't be doing a drive by at walmart on the way home, nope.

Kolgar

Checked three stores near me--no deal.

But then, I didn't really get anyone to scan the price at the first store I went to, as I ran smack into a wall of stupid at the electronics desk.

Halabane

Does this include the pack in games they were offering at 349? 3 gamges at one point? let say its 120 worth of games or so then I am not sure this is a great deal. If it includes the games than yup its a great deal.

Lets be honest, kinetic is dead. There are not going to be developing anything for it.
If it does not include those games the 349 deal is better. The other way you got some piece of plastic that collects dust.

Yep, I can confirm this since I found one today and bought it for $270 total, including tax. Was actually thinking about making this thread but wasn't sure how widespread this would be.

Checked three stores near me--no deal.

But then, I didn't really get anyone to scan the price at the first store I went to, as I ran smack into a wall of stupid at the electronics desk.

When they scanned the Xbone + Kinect box it still rang up at $499. They had to take the special red tag with the $250 on it and scan that instead.

Top Bottom