• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walton Goggins is starring with Danny McBride in HBO's Vice Principals [Trailer#4 up]

Status
Not open for further replies.
via THR - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/justifieds-walton-goggins-star-hbos-771159

Justified star Walton Goggins has nabbed the co-lead in HBO's straight-to-series comedy Vice Principals, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Additionally, Boardwalk Empire alum Shea Whigham — currently co-starring on ABC's Agent Carter — will return to HBO with a supporting role in the comedy.

Created by Eastbound & Down duo McBride and Jody Hill, Vice Principals tells the story of a high school and the people who almost run it, the vice principals. McBride stars as Neal Gamby, the divorced vice principal in charge of discipline at the school.

Goggins, who is currently wrapping the final season of FX critical darling Justified, will co-star as Lee Russell, the vice principal of curriculum at Lincoln High, who is a conniving politician that enters into an unholy alliance with Gamby.

Whigham is set as Ray Liptrapp, the new husband of Gamby's ex, and frequent target of his hostility — despite being a genuine and supportive guy. Whigham, who played Eli Thompson on Boardwalk, is recurring on ABC's midseason Marvel drama Agent Carter. He also recently did two episodes of HBO's True Detective and has feature credits including The Wolf of Wall Street, American Hustle and Silver Linings Playbook. He's repped by CAA, DBA and Morris Yorn.

MOD ABUSE:

- Vice Principals: Tease (youtube)

KingGondo

Banned
Hell yes. Eastbound and Down is one of the best, most consistent comedy series ever... and then they add Goggins?

I'll be there.

Sojgat

Sounds like it could be pretty interesting.

I will watch anything Goggins does, guy is awesome. He's usually the best thing in whatever he's in.

Now somebody cast him as Bullseye in season 2 of Daredevil.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm marathoning The Shield right now and was wondering today why I haven't seen Walton in anything else. This could be awesome.

Walton Goggins is fucking amazing so I'm definitely interested in whatever he is working on.

qW9fPcR.gif

yup, definitely gonna watch this... somehow (if it comes to netflix or amazon)

The school angle in S1 of Eastbound & Down was brilliant, so I can only imagine how freakin' awesome this is going to be. I love me some Danny McBride.

All I know about Walton Goggins is that he's amazing in Justified. I never watched that but anything with Danny McBride will make me hopefully a new fan.

they need to get Steve Little on this too though

but its already kind of unbelievable as it is, this has immediately become my most anticipated series

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Good to hear Jody Hill is getting another gig.

The Foot Fist Way, Observe and Report and Eastbound & Down are three of my favorite comedies.

As a massive fan of Danny McBride and Eastbound and Down in particular I am so in for this. Do we have a projected air date for this? This year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom