• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WandaVision |OT| Wanda's Mental Multiverse Breakdown

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
When people say they were hoping for a bigger reveal, do they just mean Mephisto or Nightmare? I think it works better that Wanda herself caused everything.
I agree with this. Wanda needs to be seen as an S-class potential threat and also as someone who is capable of great harm when pushed too far, similar to Ghost Rider or Hulk.

trikster40

Lol marvel gave you a masterful phase 3 culminating in two back to back movies that blew everyone away. You really think they are that dumb in that Quicksilver cameo casting. They know what they're doing, trust the process.

Yeah you don’t just cast the actor who played the other Quicksilver for shits and giggles.

My theory: he really is Quicksilver. Agent Wu was going to Wesview to find a missing person in witsec. He’s obviously not Ralph Boehner; even he thought the name was funny. He’s really the person that Agent Wu was going to see. He most likely the first mutant they are aware of and they’ve got him in witsec to prevent his identity from getting out since he’s Pietro but not the one they know of. Fans liked him way better than the one Whedon have us in Ultron.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yeah you don’t just cast the actor who played the other Quicksilver for shits and giggles.

My theory: he really is Quicksilver. Agent Wu was going to Wesview to find a missing person in witsec. He’s obviously not Ralph Boehner; even he thought the name was funny. He’s really the person that Agent Wu was going to see. He most likely the first mutant they are aware of and they’ve got him in witsec to prevent his identity from getting out since he’s Pietro but not the one they know of. Fans liked him way better than the one Whedon have us in Ultron.

Peters posted on Social Media that he's done. He isn't really Quicksilver and they legally couldn't do that anyways without paying the Fox creatives and giving them credit.

sol_bad

Why are you doing this to yourself? It's not Fox-Men Quicksilver, it's just a random citizen of Westview as I suggested when he was introduced. There is nothing good about Fox-Men Quicksilver except for that 1 cool scene when he broke Magneto out of jail.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
On a side note, I'm glad that there's finally potential for new villains who aren't simply here because of a grudge against Tony Stark.

Last edited by a moderator:

trikster40

Peters posted on Social Media that he's done. He isn't really Quicksilver and they legally couldn't do that anyways without paying the Fox creatives and giving them credit.

I can’t find him on social media. Hasn’t posted on Twitter since 2018. Only recent thing is something posted on the Wandavision Twitter account and no mention of the above. Got a link?

ManaByte

Gold Member
I can’t find him on social media. Hasn’t posted on Twitter since 2018. Only recent thing is something posted on the Wandavision Twitter account and no mention of the above. Got a link?
It was on the WandaVision account.

He was a one shot to mess with the audience the same way Agatha was messing with Wanda. Feige himself said that before and no one believed him. Feige said he was just someone Agatha was using to mess with Wanda.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
The series is over and people are still theorising about the same stuff the showed it did on purpose, it’s great.

Fiege has shown with Evan Peters that Disney/Marvel have fuck you money and are willing to spend it just to do something meta to mess with the theory crafters. It’s ballsy and I love it. I hope they find new ways to mess with people, to further change the future of the theories spat out across the internet.

So was this actually worth watching?

Did you watch reruns of old sitcoms like Dick Van Dyke, Bewitched, Mary Tyler Moore, or The Brady Bunch?

Do you like Marvel REALLY well and would get really obscure references and C- tier characters like "Photon" or "Agatha Harkness"?

Do you like Romantic Comedies with good acting + pretty good special effects?

If so, then it's pretty good. If not then dont waste your time.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Did you watch reruns of old sitcoms like Dick Van Dyke, Bewitched, Mary Tyler Moore, or The Brady Bunch?

Do you like Marvel REALLY well and would get really obscure references and C- tier characters like "Photon" or "Agatha Harkness"?

Do you like Romantic Comedies with good acting + pretty good special effects?

If so, then it's pretty good. If not then dont waste your time.
Thats a triple "no" from me dawg. Thank you.

99Luffy

Banned
So was this actually worth watching?
The show is a Scarlett witch origin story. Since we never got a Scarlett Witch MCU movie.

If that intrigues you then yes. If not, then no. You'll still need to watch a summary on youtube or something though otherwise you'll be confused in future MCU movies(especially Dr. Strange). Theres about 2 new characters introduced that you'll definitely see in the future too.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The show is a Scarlett witch origin story. Since we never got a Scarlett Witch MCU movie.

If that intrigues you then yes. If not, then no. You'll still need to watch a summary on youtube or something though otherwise you'll be confused in future MCU movies(especially Dr. Strange). Theres about 2 new characters introduced that you'll definitely see in the future too.
I'm intrigued, but skeptical. I may give it a shot, but I'm just watching less and less these days.

Thank you for the impressions.

The series is over and people are still theorising about the same stuff the showed it did on purpose, it’s great.

Fiege has shown with Evan Peters that Disney/Marvel have fuck you money and are willing to spend it just to do something meta to mess with the theory crafters. It’s ballsy and I love it. I hope they find new ways to mess with people, to further change the future of the theories spat out across the internet.

A lot of these "scoopers" are now doubling down and saying their BS that turned out to be wrong was intended for Dr. Strange 2 or whatever.

With Charles Murphy blocking me recently I have been proudly blocked by every single "scooper" on twitter and/or facebook for calling them out on their BS.

ManaByte

Gold Member
A lot of these "scoopers" are now doubling down and saying their BS that turned out to be wrong was intended for Dr. Strange 2 or whatever.

With Charles Murphy blocking me recently I have been proudly blocked by every single "scooper" on twitter and/or facebook for calling them out on their BS.
I think the Reddit spoilers sub is still in lockdown to protect him.

ManaByte

Gold Member
So they purposely edited the finale and changed it because it wasn't meshing with Reddit fan theories.

Matt Shakman explained to Smith and Bernardin that originally, a sub-plot was filmed involving the twins, Monica, Darcy and Ralph Bohner as they attempted to steal the Darkhold from Agatha Harkness’ basement. It sounds like it would’ve teased more monstrous things in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as the director confirmed that Agatha’s rabbit, Scratchy, would’ve been revealed as a demon. Shakman also confirmed that the earlier tease about the aerospace engineer was purposefully included – but a scene paying off the reference was seemingly taken out when audiences began speculating about Reed Richards arriving on the show.

sol_bad

So they purposely edited the finale and changed it because it wasn't meshing with Reddit fan theories.

Interesting interview so far. But Matt Shakman said the scene of Monica mentioning the aerospace engineer was a pick up shoot just to explain what Monica's intentions were regarding the hex. It wasn't intended as a tease or anything like that so I'm not sure what the article you posted is talking about.

Time stamp link.

*EDIT*
They asked the director about fake Pietro
Time stamp.

*EDIT 2*

Geez.
These jackasses who defended and were up in arms over people making fun of Star Wars Theory crying over Mandalorian are now making fun of and rippng into Kevin Smith for crying over WandaVision.

At least Kevin's crying is over actual plot development, the thing that is meant to have an emotional impact, rather than fulfilling a fans wish of ass kickery on screen.
o_O

Last edited:
I doubt he was ever meant to cameo.
Yep.

Sounds like another youtuber/tweeter "insider/scooper" making up more shit to try to cover up for their shit being wrong. Bet you he has people believing him though. Kinda funny, these people can say anything and if it doesn't come to fruition then it's "things change" or "scheduling conflicts" and people just eat it up lol

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yep.

Sounds like another youtuber/tweeter "insider/scooper" making up more shit to try to cover up for their shit being wrong. Bet you he has people believing him though. Kinda funny, these people can say anything and if it doesn't come to fruition then it's "things change" or "scheduling conflicts" and people just eat it up lol

The guy has almost 4 million subs on YouTube, if you wonder how this stuff spreads.

Shai-Tan

Banned
is this a one off series or is it continuing? if it's continuing I'm afraid cosmic level heroes is a recipe for shit a la Legion, Captain Marvel, Phoenix in X-Men etc

bitbydeath

is this a one off series or is it continuing? if it's continuing I'm afraid cosmic level heroes is a recipe for shit a la Legion, Captain Marvel, Phoenix in X-Men etc
One off, but Wanda could always get a different show, just under another name.

bitbydeath

Some good questions with speculatory answers here:
-What Happened to the Beekeeper?
-Who was in Witness Protection?
-Who is the aerospace engineer?
-What did the commercials really mean?
-Is there more to “Fake Pietro” Ralph Bohner?
-Where did White Vision go?
-What are the twins, exactly?
-What really happened to Agatha Harkness?

Soodanim

Gold Member

This is pretty much in line with my take as well. Be warned very spoiler-heavy.

Not a bad take. I didn’t dislike the fight scenes and ending, but I see where he’s coming from.
I didn’t interpret Monica’s “They don’t know what you sacrificed” line as referring to giving up the fake kids/Vision specifically, more that it was a general statement about the whole journey of Wanda losing both her brother and Vision that she said to try and make her feel better. Maybe I’ve wrong, and I can see why I could be. Maybe Monica has some understanding of what the kids are - doesn’t she say they’re real kids?

I definitely don’t see the show as trying to make her seem like a cut and dry good guy. It’s clear that Wanda has fucked up several times, but if she wasn’t a bit of a fuck up would this story exist at all? It actually gives purpose and explanation for the fuck ups, because she was dipping her toes into powers she didn’t understand. That’s why the end has her shaking off the denial and grief as part of her acceptance that she is the Scarlet Witch and she definitely does have the power to do both really good and really bad things in a big way.

Whether or not this is the end of the arc of Wanda’s powers remains to be seen, and we will find out in Dr Strange 2. It could be that SW’s fully realised Chaos magic attracts some of Strange’s villains because of her understanding allowing her to use it more powerfully, or maybe Wanda directly pisses someone off in her efforts to resurrect her mysterious kids. Or it could be that the arc isn’t over and Wanda fucks up again and/or turns “evil” in the sense that the Chaos magic ends up corrupting her in some way.

JayK47

Well that was weird. I enjoyed the retro style of the first several episodes and they also were pretty funny. I am not comic book fan, but I have enjoyed some Marvel movies like the first few Xmen and Iron Man movies. It kind of reminded me of Assassin's Creed with the game world and the real world and the game world is so much more interesting than the real world. Same thing for WandaVision. The Wanda world was fun, but the real world wasn't. I have never heard of Wanda or Vision until now. The show kind of assumes you know who they are and what is going on.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Well that was weird. I enjoyed the retro style of the first several episodes and they also were pretty funny. I am not comic book fan, but I have enjoyed some Marvel movies like the first few Xmen and Iron Man movies. It kind of reminded me of Assassin's Creed with the game world and the real world and the game world is so much more interesting than the real world. Same thing for WandaVision. The Wanda world was fun, but the real world wasn't. I have never heard of Wanda or Vision until now. The show kind of assumes you know who they are and what is going on.
The shows they are releasing on Disney+ assume you’re already jacked into the “Marvel Cinematic Universe”. They’re B-stories to give the universe a little more character. And maybe set up an A-story (the movies) or play up a C-story (broader theme in MCU or long term arc)

Top Bottom