• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want to see Tokyo Xanadu localized? Tell XSEED we can Xanadu.

Prelude.

z651278woel.jpg

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/637118875356688384

z65128nvowg.jpg

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/637119140348608512

http://webmup.com/8ba4a/vid.webm

XSEED's Facebook

Don't worry about Hatsuu's safety.
She'll probably be beaten and locked in the mini fridge. No big.

I'd love to play this game, but I'm guessing that the Celcetta game didn't do too well on just the Vita. Didn't Falcom say that they were going to start focusing on PC as well because of their success on Steam in the west? I just looked up their wiki page and it doesn't look like anything they have in development is being ported to PC.

Prelude.

I'd love to play this game, but I'm guessing that the Celcetta game didn't do too well on just the Vita. Didn't Falcom say that they were going to start focusing on PC as well because of their success on Steam in the west? I just looked up their wiki page and it doesn't look like anything they have in development is being ported to PC.
They said all their Vita releases have done quite well and you're thinking about the PSP/old Ys stuff. Let's not start with the begging already.

The game is interesting, I would buy it.

I think that the development of a PS4 version for the Vita games in the west is a good idea, Xseed should consider it.
Maybe the Sony Third Party Productions could help somehow if there's demand.

The trailer with the anime and the anime and the anime and the anime and the anime and the gross idols made me lose all interest in this game and possibly Falcom.

Their gameplay usually delivers though, so there's that.

We want this! Us Vita owners eat this kinda stuff up, make it happen!
"We," "us," that's some creepy stuff, eh?

Does the XSEED boss really need a vocal playerbase to be interested in Tokyo Xanadu ? I can't think a of a more high profile Vita game to be localised by them other than this one : /

It's Falcom, it's your delicious Ys-like combat, in a modern urban Persona-like context, with a little anime/idol flavor. It's glorious in every way, and I think XSEED know that already.

I mean are there really any other Vita games to bother about at this point?

It's just this and the new Ys no?

I honestly can't think of a single other upcoming vita game ottomh.

I find it hard to believe that anybody need to be bugged to localise either.

Aeana

I don't really believe that this is up in the air considering some of the other stuff they're localizing.

cj_iwakura

I don't really believe that this is up in the air considering some of the other stuff they're localizing.

Well, LotH is an established franchise at this point, so I could see it being thought of as risky. I hope I'm wrong, though.

sörine;176865915 said:
Where do I tweet for Xanadu Next?
That's already happening (still not "officially" confirmed, but yeah).

It'll be interesting to see new players fall in love with that and then have to see...... this...... as the follow-up.

Think he meant as far as Falcom games are concerned. Outside of their back catalog of PSP games and whatever came before it, we're getting everything current that Falcom has to offer. Cold Steel 1/2 have been confirmed, Ys 8 is a very safe assumption considering Xseed has done all the others and they seem to be selling well, all that's left is this and even it seems safe to assume considering the combat is pretty much the same as Ys.

Sent an email last night when Shizuku mentioned it! :D

There's trails of cold steel coming out soon, Danganronpa: Another episode if you like the series, and then there's also Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth in the near future.

I'd love to play this game, but I'm guessing that the Celcetta game didn't do too well on just the Vita.

http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27878&#entry871763

"Yeah, I don't get when other publishers shy away from the Vita. It's like last generation, when other publishers shied away from the PSP -- a system is only dead if you make it that way! There were tons of good games being released on PSP last gen, and there are tons of good games being released on Vita this gen. And there's no reason to ignore those good games because "nobody owns a Vita" -- obviously, people do, because we're doing quite well with our Vita releases. ;)

Thanks for the kind comments!

-Tom"

That's from October 2014, so a year after they released Celceta. Seems like they're doing well enough (and judging by their 2015 lineup and the fact they have a 2016 game announced, I'd imagine things are still okay).

How much text does this game have, do we know yet? Is it closer to Ys or Legend of Heroes? Because I'd imagine that would have a hand in it.

redcrayon

Do you mean that you can't think of another out of the Vita's upcoming games that could be potentially localised by xseed, or that you can't think of another upcoming vita game in general?

I'm looking forward to
God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Stranger of Sword City
Zodiac
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Trails of Cold Steel
Ray Gigant
Tokyo Xanadu
Grand knights history
Darius Burst
Project Phoenix
Liege.

I'd love to see Grand Knights History, Ray Gigant, God Eater 2 etc localised.

Hatsuu

XSEED
Since threads like these are always cause for misunderstandings (and I'm now getting tweets from people telling me to bring it over when I specifically say in my Twitter profile not to direct game requests to my personal account): I'm just an employee who happens to want to work on more Falcom titles. The last game I got to really work on as lead editor was Ys VI on PC, and I enjoy the characters, lore, and gameplay in Falcom games on a personal level. If I were to be lead editor on something again, yeah, I'd love it to be a Falcom game.

This isn't any special campaign or anything, and people use that comments e-mail and our Facebook all the time to make video game requests. This doesn't mean it's in danger of not being localized or even that it is being localized--it means nothing at all. I tweeted that because, at some point, I somehow became the XSEED Twitter person a few months back, so now my morning routine involves waking up and checking that account for questions and comments. The TX trailer with all the nice gameplay came out recently. Of course, people flood our Twitter with requests, but it's kinda like preaching to the choir since I'm the one running it and my personal answer to any Falcom game is, "Hell, yeah" by default. Sure, I can tell the boss we're getting flooded, but he checks the Facebook and e-mails, so, you know, I just tweeted those little nudges on my personal account instead. You can see the tweets shortly after where I said I also would cry if I got to edit the Crossbell duology (I say that every day).

Anyway! That's it. Again, this ain't special or even worth a thread. If anyone who sees this has the power to do so, don't slap these tweets on some post on a gaming news website and make it out to be a thing, please.

Shizuka

Anyway! That's it. Again, this ain't special or even worth a thread. If anyone who sees this has the power to do so, don't slap these tweets on some post on a gaming news website and make it out to be a thing, please.

I told you, guys.

Gbraga

Since threads like these are always cause for misunderstandings (and I'm now getting tweets from people telling me to bring it over when I specifically say in my Twitter profile not to direct game requests to my personal account): I'm just an employee who happens to want to work on more Falcom titles. The last game I got to really work on as lead editor was Ys VI on PC, and I enjoy the characters, lore, and gameplay in Falcom games on a personal level. If I were to be lead editor on something again, yeah, I'd love it to be a Falcom game.

This isn't any special campaign or anything, and people use that comments e-mail and our Facebook all the time to make video game requests. This doesn't mean it's in danger of not being localized or even that it is being localized--it means nothing at all. I tweeted that because, at some point, I somehow became the XSEED Twitter person a few months back, so now my morning routine involves waking up and checking that account for questions and comments. The TX trailer with all the nice gameplay came out recently. Of course, people flood our Twitter with requests, but it's kinda like preaching to the choir since I'm the one running it and my personal answer to any Falcom game is, "Hell, yeah" by default. Sure, I can tell the boss we're getting flooded, but he checks the Facebook and e-mails, so, you know, I just tweeted those little nudges on my personal account instead. You can see the tweets shortly after where I said I also would cry if I got to edit the Crossbell duology (I say that every day).

RIP in Peace Hatsuu

Choomp

Banned
The trailer with the anime and the anime and the anime and the anime and the anime and the gross idols made me lose all interest in this game and possibly Falcom.

Their gameplay usually delivers though, so there's that.

"We," "us," that's some creepy stuff, eh?

we wants it

Steel

Banned
I feel bad enough about the hell they're going through with the trails games as it stands.

That being said, I'd totally put money down for a Xanadu localization.

zakujanai

I'd honestly rather they focus on other Falcom stuff like the Trails 3rd or the Crossbell duology. I realise they're much less viable than Xanadu but that game just doesn't do much for me.

That being said, I'd almost certainly buy it if they do decide to go for it.

Edit:
I feel bad enough about the hell they're going through with the trails games as it stands.

That being said, I'd totally put money down for a Xanadu localization.

Post twins.

Shahed

Why you gotta deflate hopes and dreams like that. Already lucky Duckroll didn't roll in to say nope.
Other way around I believe. I'm pretty sure she's saying that the game is more likely gonna be localised considering some of the more questionable titles they've brought over

I think XSEED already working to get the game localized, they just waiting Falcom to finish porting it to PS4 first.

I was waiting for this kind of comment.

Falcom announced Ys 8 at TGS 2014 (September) as a PS4/Vita title, and they announced Tokyo Xanadu in December 2014 and revealed it as a Vita game in February 2015.

Given that they already have one PS4 announcement out there, why would they be silent about this one coming to the console?

And on top of that, Falcom target the Japanese market first and foremost. Going on PS4 as well doesn't give them much of an advantage there. The only company it'd be advantageous to be on PS4 for would be... well... XSEED themselves.

Top Bottom