• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want to take a family of 4 to that new Star Wars hotel? $6000 for 2 nights.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Start Planning Your Voyage Aboard Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

STARTING FROM:
2 GUESTS PER CABIN
1,209 Per Guest Per Night
4,809 Voyage Total

3 GUESTS PER CABIN
(2 ADULTS, 1 CHILD)
889 Per Guest Per Night
5,299 Voyage Total

4 GUESTS PER CABIN
(3 ADULTS, 1 CHILD)
749 Per Guest Per Night
5,999 Voyage Total
For Voyage Departure Dates Most Weeknights:
8/20/2022 to 9/17/2022

I am never going to do this for that price.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

But it does look cool.

Kev Kev

will smith GIF by Carpool Karaoke: The Series on Apple Music

Dural

They're pricing out the average American with a lot of things at WDW now, prices have skyrocketed over the past 10 years. They seem to only want the wealthy that will pay whatever, many of their deluxe resorts are $700+/night.

Astral Dog

that room looks ugly for the price

The 'economic' hotels look cooler imo i would like to go there

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

I feel like this hotel is made solely for instagrammers to vlog being there and for "fans" to eat one vastly overpriced meal there while streaming it constantly.
Pretty much. Disney World has a monopoly on hotels since they own all the land around the resort unlike Disneyland where 3rd party hotels have to compete for business and luxury guests just stay at Disney’s luxury hotels on site. If you stay offsite then you have to pay for parking or take a really long shuttle ride or Uber in.

They basically have 4 tiers, Value , Moderate , Deluxe and Deluxe Villas /luxury.

You can still get good deals at value tier places like Art of Animation and All Star Sports or the Pop Century but those sell out fast for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Star Wars fans will pay it. People are completely obsessed. Disney knows what it's doing.

Wasnt the Star Wars land kind of a flop before the pandemic? I remember there being articles about the attendance being way below expectations.

Back to the article...fuck this noise. There is no goddamn way I would pay anything close to that.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Wasnt the Star Wars land kind of a flop before the pandemic? I remember there being articles about the attendance being way below expectations.

I think the issue is that people expected a larger piece of the park to be SW dedicated and not just 2 rides and some food. In the long term it is the thing that makes more sense. I have yet to get to SW land but I will someday. I think the ride for the Millennium falcon is a bit childish looking and Rise of Resistance looks cool, but focuses on the wrong thing, the new movies.

Disney should have build the park around the original Trilogy. People want adventures with Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie. Not the new characters, and most goodwill for those characters was killed by the dumb plot of the last to movies. Give me a ride where I go through the Jedi temple and look for an artifact or a dog fight with xwings and bwings and ywings. Make it like 50 guest at a time vs 1000 AI tie fighters. I don't even think they do much with the Jedi. Which is sad. Focus on the Original and not the new. (which is not want I want for the movies by the way.....I want them to get as far away from the original trilogy as possible.)

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I think the issue is that people expected a larger piece of the park to be SW dedicated and not just 2 rides and some food. In the long term it is the thing that makes more sense. I have yet to get to SW land but I will someday. I think the ride for the Millennium falcon is a bit childish looking and Rise of Resistance looks cool, but focuses on the wrong thing, the new movies.

Disney should have build the park around the original Trilogy. People want adventures with Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie. Not the new characters, and most goodwill for those characters was killed by the dumb plot of the last to movies. Give me a ride where I go through the Jedi temple and look for an artifact or a dog fight with xwings and bwings and ywings. Make it like 50 guest at a time vs 1000 AI tie fighters. I don't even think they do much with the Jedi. Which is sad. Focus on the Original and not the new. (which is not want I want for the movies by the way.....I want them to get as far away from the original trilogy as possible.)

Star Wars fans aren't sheep who will buy anything. The absolute failure of the toys, recent films, and cartoons have shown this.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
One of my happiest childhood trip memories is from the time my parents took me to the river. I hiked, played with little frogs, got in the water with the new friends I made, ate good fresh BBQ, and even developed a crush for a local girl.

I sort of feel bad for the kids who will have two nights at the Star Wars hotel as their key childhood trip memory.

oagboghi2

2-night stay in a cabin or suite
Ongoing, immersive and interactive entertainment, where choices determine your experience*
Food and beverages on the starcruiser (excluding alcoholic and specialty beverages) and a quick-service meal at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo or other select locations at Disney’s Hollywood Studios**
Admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for your planetary excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Valet parking
Exclusive Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser databand (known on your home planet as a MagicBand)
I'm I missing something, but you pay over 4k for access to one park?

Fbh

Yeah no thx.
Guess they have to milk those wealthy fans before they completely kill excitement for the star wars brand.

No, this is just if you want to stay at the hotel. They are simply pointing out that the exorbitant hotel fee includes tickets to the park

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
They're pricing out the average American with a lot of things at WDW now, prices have skyrocketed over the past 10 years. They seem to only want the wealthy that will pay whatever, many of their deluxe resorts are $700+/night.
Tickets as well, went to Paris one yesterday - 320€ for 2 adults + 1 child.

Thaedolus

Gold Member

Back to the article...fuck this noise. There is no goddamn way I would pay anything close to that.
It was plenty crowded when we went last month. We couldn’t even ride the new Rise of the Resistance ride because we didn’t realize there was some new virtual queue system and we didn’t have our app set up in time to get in.

Alebrije

With $4,800 U.S. 2 persons can go to Cancun on an all inclusive hotel for one week plus visit 2 or 3 theme parks on the zone like Xcaret ,Xplore , Senses. Including of course flight tickets.

Disney parks are overpriced , they are fun but you can get a better experience at the same cost at tons of other places

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Yeah no thx.
Guess they have to milk those wealthy fans before they completely kill excitement for the star wars brand.

No, this is just if you want to stay at the hotel. They are simply pointing out that the exorbitant hotel fee includes tickets to the park
yeah that what is confusing me. I thought DisneyWorld is multiple parks that are next to each other. So disney hollywood is one park, magical kingdom is another, animal kingdom, etc etc

The way it is worded it sounds like you only get access to one park. You still have to pay to see the others. I may be 100% wrong, because I've never been to disneyworld

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
you are paying for what is supposed to be a tailored experience. According to the itinerary you spend most of your time in the hotel. Learning Sabac and playing Sabac. So 6 grand to play cards.

Alcibiades

Yet ScarJo is the greedy one?

How callous of Disney to even offer this COVID superspreader experience while people are dying.

EDIT: I see it doesn't open 'till 2022. I'm sure there will still be someone dying of COVID somewhere though so point stands.

Last edited:

Dural

It's supposed to be like going on a cruise through space and you have an excursion to Batuu. It's an all inclusive and I'm sure will be magnificently themed and a great experience. $750/pp per night is pretty outrageous though.

Tickets as well, went to Paris one yesterday - 320€ for 2 adults + 1 child.

Yep, I'm going to WDW in three week and it was $2400 for the tickets for the family (2 adults and 4 kids (baby is free). I hear Paris has added a paid fastpass that is quite expensive, I believe it is 8-15€ per person per ride. So for me it would be 75€ for one E ticket ride to get fastpass, fucking ridiculous. If they try the same shit here, which there are rumors they will, there will be a revolt! How were the lines? I've been wondering what it would be like with the new paid system.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
It's supposed to be like going on a cruise through space and you have an excursion to Batuu. It's an all inclusive and I'm sure will be magnificently themed and a great experience. $750/pp per night is pretty outrageous though.

Yep, I'm going to WDW in three week and it was $2400 for the tickets for the family (2 adults and 4 kids (baby is free). I hear Paris has added a paid fastpass that is quite expensive, I believe it is 8-15€ per person per ride. So for me it would be 75€ for one E ticket ride to get fastpass, fucking ridiculous. If they try the same shit here, which there are rumors they will, there will be a revolt! How were the lines? I've been wondering what it would be like with the new paid system.
New system will be starting in a few days, I was actually surprised Paris didn’t have it - I thought it was standard in America. The nearest competitor - Parc Astérix - had it for a long time. I was always thinking Disneyland Paris didn’t have it due to the idea of equality among all the guests.

There were a lot of people and that given the extra sanitary restrictions due to Covid - PCR test or full vaccination required to enter.

Seems like Disney is desperate for money with the continued failure of their Star Wars purchase. Hoping to get a few dipshit whales to make up for it.
Disney has made some mistakes, but really? They said they made their money back from the purchase off TFA alone.

You'd have to be high on paint to think they're not rolling in cash from SW.

Just cause some folks got butt hurt over the sequel trilogy / SJW aspects doesn't mean it isn't still the 2nd biggest property to Marvel.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Not really. What you're talking about is the first several months when it opened Disney was giving access to the land via a reservation system that deliberately limited the number of people inside (they're doing the exact same thing with Avengers Campus right now). So disingenuous grifters pushing an agenda went and took pictures of the "empty" land screamed, "It's a failure! Kathleen Kennedy will be fired tomorrow!", but of course they didn't go back and take pictures of the area under normal, non-reservation, attendance.

They use that same reservation system for the big rides. Last February I went to ride Rise of the Resistance and it took me more than 12 hours to get on the ride due to the number of people in the virtual queue.

Even something stupid like simping away $6k on some Chaturbate, Onlyfans or Twitch slut would be better use of that money.

MrMephistoX

Star Tours is actually better than the Millenium Falcon ride IMHO but haven’t tried the Rise of the Resistance yet. The coolest Jedi part is building your own saber but it’s way too expensive when you can buy a better quality out of the box replica saber online or in a nearby shop. The experience is pretty badass once but at $200 it’s not exactly family friendly.

Top Bottom