• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wanted: Dead - Release Date Trailer (February 14th, 2023)

Mossybrew

The animations for shooting into melee look lacking.

This game looks like it'd be at home on the PS3/360 designwise or very early PS4/One.
janky and some not great animation. Combat flow and enemy encounters don't seem particularly good either.

Yeah this game has kind of a cool style but the combat itself seems underwhelming. One to keep an eye on reviews and probably wait for a decent sale.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In this exclusive Wanted: Dead trailer, discover everything about how finishers mechanics work as well as their importance for gameplay. Moreover, the type of finishers Hannah executes – there are over 50 total! – will depend on your environment. Wanted: Dead will be released on Valentine's Day for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC.

Killer8

Everything lacks impact and intensity. The animations play out too slowly, there are no flashy effects, and the camera does sweet fuck all to emphasize the animation. Compare this to Ninja Gaiden and it's night and day:

Shaping up to be yet another mid-game from Valhalla Soleil.

Hot5pur

Impressions are positive, but I'm a bit worried about this game though. I think they tried to be like Yakuza or something (not a bad thing) but I'm wondering if it will all fit together well

GymWolf

Yeah i don't know, it kinda feels like a poor man john wick with all those finishers that break the pace of the combat, and i don't even give a fuck about these movies...

Killer8

LeNs9Tu.png

Why do the enemies just stand around waiting for their turn? Other games do this too but at least it's just 2-3 so isn't as distracting as this.

Ninja Gaiden 2 would have at least a few of them trying to jump on you at once.

Shut0wen

This does not look like a full budget but full priced game, it's $60 USD... that seems too much for what this video shows, it looks like it's lacking a little. The animations for shooting into melee look lacking.

This game looks like it'd be at home on the PS3/360 designwise or very early PS4/One.

The Ninja Gaiden thing is a pretty steep claim, and it doesn't seem warranted.
Its another case of Itagaki over estimating his ideas with budget, damn shame cause he could actually make another classic if he wasnt so touchy feely

MayauMiao

Looks like a budget game I wouldn't even pay $60 for it. Not sure why the DOA Xtreme Volleyball reference as I didn't see any bouncy breasts.

Terrible, terrible voice acting.

Vaelka

I dunno what it is with these over the top games meant to be cheesy and fun still having the most dull and unimaginative character designs still.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Reminds me of No More Heroes with all the goofyness and cool looking combat. Will get this one for sure.

Supple

Banned
Does anyone know if there is any traversal in the game or are you stuck on the ground? In all the gameplay footage so far I haven't seen the main character jump or leap off anything in the environment.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Does anyone know if there is any traversal in the game or are you stuck on the ground? In all the gameplay footage so far I haven't seen the main character jump or leap off anything in the environment.
I'm guessing it's on the ground only except for contextual jumps or drops.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get a look at the game world of the upcoming fast-action game Wanted: Dead, including the backstories, personalities, emotions, and relationships that add to its personality. Wanted: Dead will be released on Valentine's Day (February 14) for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms.

I dunno what it is with these over the top games meant to be cheesy and fun still having the most dull and unimaginative character designs still.
I noticed that as well and isn’t this from predominantly Japanese developers? To appeal to the West I guess? They seem obsessed with practicality and realism for some weird reason.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out this exclusive action-packed Wanted: Dead launch trailer for another look at the upcoming third-person action game. In Wanted: Dead you play as a member of the zombie unit, an elite Hong Kong police squad that's out to uncover a major corporate conspiracy. Here's a look at the new hybrid slasher-shooter's story, characters, and more.

Wanted: Dead will be released on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and Xbox One on February 14, 2023.

GHG

Gold Member
Although it looks interesting and unique (in a quirky sort of way) it looks very janky from the gameplay I've seen today.

We might have another god hand type of situation on our hands if the combat system can live up to the promise.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
If you search for this game and set your search to this week there is gameplay available from this week.

Top Bottom