WAPO: Ocasio-Cortez defends Omar, criticizes Democrats over anti-Semitism resolution (The End?)

Jan 13, 2018
That they are welcome in the country to live as peaceful equal normal citizens.

Anyways to the original comment, I find it not even factual. Israel is the most criticized and scrutinized country in the world. If an Israeli farts the UN will hold a special session to talk about chemical warfare. Saying that Israel hypnotizes the world to its evils is so far from reality its scary. Most of the world is anti-Israel, as well as the media and the UN. The UN just finished a commission on the Gaza Border. AI and HRW had extensive coverage of the GAZA war with mulitple negative reports. I think it was either AI or HRW that created a website listing every single person killed in that war, something they have not done for other wars.

So I don't think how you can say that tweet is even factual when the entire world is always dumping on Israel. Like it would make sense if I said China has hypnotized the world towards the evils its doing to the Urighyr population because no one is talking about it or doing anything about it. Or the same with Mynmar with its genocide of the Rohangi's. No one is stopping them and its barely news. But Israel? You can find 100's of negative articles about Israel in any mainstream newspaper. The UN passes more anti Israel resolutions than any country, sometimes even combined. Israel is a permanent item on agenda's. No one is hypnotized by Israel, they only wish that was true.
I just have a different opinion entirely, and it's clear we wont persuade each other. Yes the UN criticizes Israel frequently, and any resolution gets instantly vetoed and nothing happens. They get large amounts of financial assistance and complete political backing by the United States to do anything they want. And I find Netanyahu's comment about non-Jewish Israeli citizens troubling; certainly more troubling than anything Omar tweeted about, and then apologized for twice.

You are right to point out China and the Rohinga Muslims, and Yemen, and tons of other issues, but none of it really has anything to do with what I was talking about. China and Saudi Arabia also have huge influence over the US and the world, and it helps people look the other way while they do awful shit. Very similar to Israel honestly.

Criticizing their government is not anti-semitic, just as criticizing Saudi Arabia is not anti-Arab, or criticizing Chinese communism anti-Asian.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I just have a different opinion entirely, and it's clear we wont persuade each other. Yes the UN criticizes Israel frequently, and any resolution gets instantly vetoed and nothing happens. They get large amounts of financial assistance and complete political backing by the United States to do anything they want. And I find Netanyahu's comment about non-Jewish Israeli citizens troubling; certainly more troubling than anything Omar tweeted about, and then apologized for twice.
Well there were 2 parts to the comment and the second part makes it clear that non-Jews are welcomed as citizens, but not everyone has to be a fan of Bibi. He is just playing politics during election season. He put his foot in his mouth last election too. But once he was in office his government spent more money than others before him to help the Arab community, actions speak louder then words. But Bibi isn't the monolithic voice of Israel. His comments caused a lot of controversy. It like taking Steve Kings comments and painting every Democrat and Republican, or taking Omar's comments and painting all the USA as antisemetic.

And yes they have backing from the US, but Omar said THE WORLD, so she wasn't talking about the US. The world has no problem shitting on Israel night and day. So the world is hardly hypnotized by Israel its just a nonsensical statement.

And as my other post showed, Nazi's tended to use the hypnotize argument as well, so I don't know how cool it is to tread on Nazi arguments.

You are right to point out China and the Rohinga Muslims, and Yemen, and tons of other issues, but none of it really has anything to do with what I was talking about. China and Saudi Arabia also have huge influence over the US and the world, and it helps people look the other way while they do awful shit. Very similar to Israel honestly.
You missed the point. I wasn't pulling a whataboutism, what I was showing is how little attention those atrocities recieve in comparison to Israel. Turn on any news station or read any major news paper and you will see Israel front and center. No one is looking the other way on Israel, they might have the most NGO's and reporters focused on them then any other country. If something happens in Israel involving Palestinians its blasted everywhere. I mean did you know that nearly 4000 Palestinians have died in the Syrian civil war and 100K were ethnically cleansed? Probably not, but I am sure you know plenty about the Gaza border riots, the nurse who was killed, the UN report about it etc...

Its because no one is hypnotized by Israel, everything it does is pretty much front and center. There is practically a cottage industry surrounding bashing Israel.

Criticizing their government is not anti-semitic, just as criticizing Saudi Arabia is not anti-Arab, or criticizing Chinese communism anti-Asian.
I agree, so if someone cricizes the policy or government I won't call them antisemetic. I didn't or am not calling you an antisemite(more like ill informed) because of what you wrote.

But Omar didn't criticize the government or Israel. She got called out for saying Jews control the US with their money, and that Jews have dual loyalty. Nothing about Israeli policy or the Likud there. She was calling out fellow American citizens, and using disgusting antisemtic tropes that have gotten millions of Jews killed over the last 2000 years.

There is no hiding behind derp derp I am talking about Israel bro. Its a nice shield antisemites like to use but when you don't talk about Israel or its government but rather Jews you can't use that shield.

If she wants to have a discussion about Israel then she should do it without invoking antisemetic tropes and throwing her fellow citizens under the bus. If she thinks the only reason someone would support Israel is because of money while it says a lot about her and what she actually thinks about Jews and Americans in general.

If she would of said I don't like the occupation or settlements I wouldn't call her an antisemite, but she had to reach into her bag of antisemetic tricks and dust off some tired old canards, so now she has to own up to it. And her apologies don't mean much to me if she keeps doing the same behaviour because it means she didn't learn.

Aug 30, 2018
I 100% back AOC on this one, and Omar, and I think this takes a ton of bravery on AOC's part. About time we get someone who doesn't spend their time in congress cowering in fear.

While you clutch pearls worrying about some tweets, Israel is openly a racist apartheid state, holds all of Palestine in an open air prison, and keeps expanding illegal settlements. What a joke this thread is. Reminds me of the 90s when SJWs were on the right.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...2dda3c0df52_story.html?utm_term=.cbc38da5c931
Throwing around conspiracy theories to rationalize anti-semitism is a weird flex, bro.

Love the avatar, BTW.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Just wondering no Jews in the past ever tried to challange the rules and be able to wear their Kippah's while on the job?

I would think that one of the Jewish congressmen through out the years would of tried it? Any one have any stories?

May 17, 2012
Canada
They kind of did what conservatives did with BLM. The immediate response was all lives matter. The counter response was you are racist.
Here it was anti-semitism, the democrat response was all hate matters. The counter response was your are racist. Maybe all of this grouping of people is cancer.

I think if they would have done the exact same shit to Omar as they did with King. Named her in the resolution, removed her from committees this would have blown over. They fucked up so it wont go away. Instead they turned her into a victim and the hero at the same time by allowing her to claim a victory while also removing any agency or personal responsibility. Instead of the fierce woman bullshit they have been pushing in women's magazines for these newly elected women in congress she was a poor confused immigrant that didn't understand the weight of her words. Poor her.

Aug 30, 2018
They kind of did what conservatives did with BLM. The immediate response was all lives matter. The counter response was you are racist.
Here it was anti-semitism, the democrat response was all hate matters. The counter response was your are racist. Maybe all of this grouping of people is cancer.

I think if they would have done the exact same shit to Omar as they did with King. Named her in the resolution, removed her from committees this would have blown over. They fucked up so it wont go away. Instead they turned her into a victim and the hero at the same time by allowing her to claim a victory while also removing any agency or personal responsibility. Instead of the fierce woman bullshit they have been pushing in women's magazines for these newly elected women in congress she was a poor confused immigrant that didn't understand the weight of her words. Poor her.
Immigrant, Refugee, Black, Muslim, Female privilege.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

Why are we making resolutions to protect Muslims? That's a religion. I didn't see any resolutions to condemn anti-Christian rhetoric. That's freedom of speech!

Funny how the Democrats have completely lost the plot when it comes to their own Constitution.

Oh well. They were certainly an entertaining political party while they lasted.