• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump challenges senators to resurrect Obamacare repeal effort: ‘We’re close'

hitme

Once everything is all set and done (hopefully soon)...

I'll project a big massive L in front of Mar-a-Lago.

People keep bringing up political capitol. What fucking political capitol??

He shits all over everyone and we're supposed to believe that most Republicans won't swallow his load regardless of the situation? They're defending him for fucking treason at this point. I figured being a traitor would burn a lot of political capitol don't you?

Ok, I should have said "whatever political capital he has left". I think he has pegged too much of his clout on repealing healthcare. If this fails, he becomes just about a lame duck president already. The house and senate will just start doing what they want and ignore him.

“I’m ready to act,” Trump said. “I have my pen in hand. I’m sitting in that office. I have pen in hand. You’ve never had that before. For seven years, you’ve had the easy route — we repeal, we replace, but he (Obama) never signs it. I’m signing it. So it’s a little different.”

He's so stupid. He is the embodiment of the fox news viewer. He's too stupid to know that R's were never really trying to repeal the law. He's the president now and he is still too naive and stupid to understand any of it.

Meanwhile any R with brains is like "ixnay on that shit Trump. Why would you bring that up?!"

Of course he waits until its officially recognized as dead before really getting involved. A last ditch effort to turn back time and avoid the humiliation that is already upon them.

LpJZ7L7.gif

Yeah Donald, so close.

Republicans lose if they can't provide better healthcare, and none of their power blocks that are gumming up the current works are trying to achieve that. They're attempting to gut Obamacare without affecting people, without angering people, and without losing them seats when the people make their voices heard. Its an impossibility for them to do alone, but they keep fucking that chicken.

Ithil

Gotta love how he only invites the GOP senators and only for this one bill. "Great uniter", you know.
How about he invites the Dem senators and tries to work together?

Oh yeah because he's a partisan shithead who only cares about removing Obama's legacy.

ApharmdX

Banned
People keep bringing up political capitol. What fucking political capitol??

He shits all over everyone and we're supposed to believe that most Republicans won't swallow his load regardless of the situation? They're defending him for fucking treason at this point. I figured being a traitor would burn a lot of political capitol don't you?

Well, haven't Murkowski and Capito already survived primary challenges from the right? How much leverage does Trump/far-right have over Collins and Portman? He would have to flip at least two of these.

Ithil

Well, haven't Murkowski and Capito already survived primary challenges from the right? How much leverage does Trump/far-right have over Collins and Portman? He would have to flip at least two of these.

Murkowski won via a write-in campaign I believe. That's about as safe as you can get.

Maxim726X

Gotta love how he only invites the GOP senators and only for this one bill. "Great uniter", you know.
How about he invites the Dem senators and tries to work together?

Oh yeah because he's a partisan shithead who only cares about removing Obama's legacy.

As stupid and useless as he is, he understands one thing: Working with 'those people' will immediately lose him the support of his completely brainwashed base.

Those days are gone, and they're not coming back in the foreseeable future. You can thank Hannity/O'Reilly/Limbaugh and the like for this.

Elandyll

Banned
The guy truly is a psychopath.

One day he says "Oh fuck it just repeal it and dump millions of people out of their insurances and fuck the pre existing conditions" and the next he says "We are so close, we have the best plan".

It's not a pen you have in your hands, you Orange mongrel.

It's a very tiny penis.

Go shake it and leave the politics to the sane people (well, some of them gotta be sane and decent, right?).

Fercho

I understand that the republicans want to end Obama Care as a some sort of class warfare.

But why the american people fell for this promise (remove Obamacare) during the campaign, what is the aspect of Obamacare that it's so bad?

Being in Ohio, I get the feel that portman has a decent amount of support across both R's and D's (as much as you can). This is the state that has Kasich as the governor and has decent approval ratings I think. Ohio isn't deep red, its barely red at all really and I would say its more blue then red when it comes to state wide voting. I have a hard time seeing Portman seriously being challenged on the right. Plus he's probably hoping trump loses in 2020 so Portman can run in 2024.

geestack

I understand that the republicans want to end Obama Care as a some sort of class warfare.

But why the american people fell for this promise (remove Obamacare) during the campaign, what is the aspect of Obamacare that it's so bad?

because a black man did it

The guy truly is a psychopath.

One day he says "Oh fuck it just repeal it and dump millions of people out of their insurances and fuck the pre existing conditions" and the next he says "We are so close, we have the best plan".

It's not a pen you have in your hands, you Orange mongrel.

It's a very tiny penis.

Go shake it and leave the politics to the sane people (well, some of them gotta be sane and decent, right?).

e9198ae59f7bca3112064c3626aeb1ed66db2c65f521dfcfaf190d49d68cd200.jpg

RDreamer

Well the aspect of Obamacare that's so bad is the aspect that's always been bad in healthcare in this country. It's fucking expensive and keeps getting moreso. Yes, Obamacare didn't cause that and even helped curb that, but that's not really good enough for people. People want to be able to afford healthcare. Republicans then jumped right on the attack when it was passed and before and blamed everything on Obamacare. They turned it into an entitlement battle again and gave people this false notion their insurance was going up because they were having to pay for the lazy (brown) people.

The short of it all is that "Yes your healthcare still sucks, but it sucks less than it did so let's work on some more solutions" is way too fucking complicated compared to "Your healthcare sucks and that side of the political spectrum didn't help at all. Tear it down!"

Shadybiz

I love how Sanders wouldn't answer whether or not Trump is going to dispense with his own travel plans until it's passed. ....Becauee of course he fucking isn't. This man is a joke, and a disgrace to the office.

Wag

Amazing we've gotten to the the point where nobody believes a word that comes out of our President's mouth.

See avatar face.

He is so petty that he'll probably fund primary challengers against anyone who opposes him.

He'll huff and puff and so will his backer groups but it won't work because they are fighting againt a GOP proposed law not a democrat one backed by "moderates" reps so they have no narrative of a boogie man. They are also going to be so busy fucking up on other bills and proposal all this will be a distant memory to the gnat brained republican voters.

rudger

His inability to grasp common political strategies has actually been a benefit in this case. He pushed for repeal and replace to happen at the same time and it destroyed everything. And he wasn't even wrong to push for it! Delaying for two years is a pure bullshit strategy and he was right to call it out...not that he knew why, but still. It just happened to show how fucking terrible republicans are.

mnannola

Dear dumb fuck,

If you want those senators to vote it why don't you try selling it to the American public? Do you think that the bill being as popular as getting pissed on by a Russian hooker has anything to do with why some GOP members don't want to vote for it? If so, drop the threats and actually do some work. Research why they should vote for the bill, how the bill will change our healthcare system for the better, and what benefits voters living in those states will receive once the plan goes into...

I know you stopped reading by now, which is why you will never accomplish anything worthwhile.

And yet no republican can prepare a detailed and articulate analysis how Wealthcare would be better for the lower and middle class.

The takeaway here is this is strictly an anti-Obama measure, it has nothing to do with even an attempt to move the country forward.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Least week: "just repeal Obamacare!"
Yesterday: "let Obamacare explode"
Today: "repeal and replace!"
Tomorrow: "do the opposite of what I said yesterday!"

Trump Leadership™

cakely

Is he really that dumb?

Republicans would never have submitted those repeal bills if there was no veto threat.

edit: Yes, he’s that dumb. Of course he’s that dumb.

Yeah, he's the only guy in Washington that doesn't understand that congress passed those repeal bills because the bills were purely symbolic. They knew Obama would veto them.

He's that dumb.

Zolo

Yeah, he's the only guy in Washington that doesn't understand that congress passed those repeal bills because the bills were purely symbolic. They knew Obama would veto them.

He's that dumb.

Wasn't there that one report about a GOP rep. talking that Trump didn't seem to realize this was a tax bill?

Strimei

Hah, there is no way in hell they're going to stick around in August to try and work this thing out. They'll want to get out and leave the humidity.

Top Bottom