• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

War for Nosgoth (Legacy of Kain) in AMD Drivers; "Nosgoth" in Steam DB [Psyonix Dev?]

I'm definitely in agreement that this sounds like an online MMO, or Free to Play, or something internet based.

If they game is being referenced in drivers and on Steam, then a release is upcoming. If this was the single-player AAA exploration/fighter/adventure that we have been waiting ten years for - then there would be a long-term PR campaign - announcements, previews, etc - before it ever got to this stage.

I'm curious about this project - but not optimistic.

How optimistic would you be if it was a full single player game? I mean don't get me wrong, I would still try the game, but just out of curiosity. It wouldn't get any bonus points for being from one of my favorite franchises at this point. So much of what made the originals great is gone.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'd put my money on a guardian of light style game. A low budget, low price, digital only title to test the waters. And GoL already has Kain and Raziel in it.

That would be amazing actually. They could do a lot of awesome fanservice-y shit with a top-down perspective. They better make it a lot like the original game if that's their course of action.

M*A*S*H

That would be amazing actually. They could do a lot of awesome fanservice-y shit with a top-down perspective. They better make it a lot like the original game if that's their course of action.

I think GoL would provide them with a really solid base aswell. It's got the platforming and puzzles already: combat would need some adjustment, but it's hardly a herculean effort since GoL handles so well. This would be a smart move for them, to reignite interest in the series and gauge interest in a potential full fledged sequel. But we're talking about SE so brace for impact.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I think GoL would provide them with a really solid base aswell. It's got the platforming and puzzles already: combat would need some adjustment, but it's hardly a herculean effort since GoL handles so well. This would be a smart move for them, to reignite interest in the series and gauge interest in a potential full fledged sequel. But we're talking about SE so brace for impact.

Yeah, when they announced Raziel&Kain pack I kept thinking "This is a really good base for a low budget LoK title" They certainly got the puzzle aspects down, so if they keep the story low-key I don't see how they could go wrong.

duckroll

They don't have to be lead dev though do they? Check out their client projects. One of them is Gears of War, which the composer also worked on.

They do if they're listed by someone like the composer, who would only care about who is contracting him.

UrbanRats

"War for Nosgoth" sounds like a MOBA or something. >_<

iuOZ89JLokshC.jpg

def sim

I'm hoping it's Guardian of Light type game. MOBA sounded possible because of the name, but that is a complicated, competitive genre that will probably require a bigger team than Psyonix to create.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
They don't have to be lead dev though do they? Check out their client projects. One of them is Gears of War, which the composer also worked on.
I think is contract work, though I find it weird that the composer is working through Psyonix.

http://gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/187625/PSYONIX_DROPS_THE_PRICE_OF_SUPERSONIC_ACROBATICROCKETPOWERED_BATTLECARS_IN_EUROPE_TODAY.php
Founded in 2001, Psyonix is an independent game development studio focused on original IP creation and cross-platform Unreal Engine based productions. Located in San Diego, the studio has contributed to a number of blockbuster titles including XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Mass Effect 3, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War. Clients include EA, Epic Games, Microsoft, Sony, 2K Games, and Square Enix.
Perhaps hints that they are contracting as a support dev?

How optimistic would you be if it was a full single player game? I mean don't get me wrong, I would still try the game, but just out of curiosity. It wouldn't get any bonus points for being from one of my favorite franchises at this point. So much of what made the originals great is gone.
I'm probably going to buy it and try it regardless - unless the connection to the series is so tenuous that its distasteful to purchase.

Then again I bought Blood Omen 2 on day one - so perhaps my love for the series is so strong it overrides my common sense.

Hoping for good, but expectations aren't high.

ArjanN

I'm probably going to buy it and try it regardless - unless the connection to the series is so tenuous that its distasteful to purchase.

Then again I bought Blood Omen 2 on day one - so perhaps my love for the series is so strong it overrides my common sense.

Hoping for good, but expectations aren't high.

It could be a smaller companion type game. Like, say, Dark Void Zero to Dark Void. That's kind of what the developer makes me think.

What if it's a 4X strategy game?

:D

Explore, expand, exploit, and exsanguinate.

Yep, checks out.

so was halo

Halo is probably still coming to steam as well.

Savitar

I'm sure this will be a new take on the franchise and not a continuation, mainly because that's the norm this gen.

And if it's a MOBA I'll be so disappointed.

I've been doing some quick research into Psyonix - don't have a lot of time tonight - just spent an hour using my research techniques.

I have found this render on a portfolio site belonging to one of Psyonix's art staff. I'm going to do something that I don't usually do - and decline to link to the site specifically - as I don't want to get the person who has uploaded it into trouble.

EObvMKC.jpg

The image was displayed in a portfolio under the heading "vampire creature concept". Fans of the Legacy of Kain series will note that winged vampires are significantly important to the lore.

If (and I stress the if) this is from War for Nosgoth - it could represent a few things - a devolved Razielim, a twisted Ancient, or even Janos Audron himself post-burning within the Demon Dimension.

Pafnucy

Nice find Mama Robotnik, they can't hide anything from you :p

It's deformed look reminds me more of SR1 vampires rather than Ancient Ones. Maybe it is model of evolved Razielim or maybe they changed the art style for the Ancient Vampires.

Lmo911

No three fingers, no sale!

Not that it isn't a nice render, I just hope it's just some underling vampire/devolved vamp. Kain and Raziel are just too classic design wise to screw with too much and Janos not looking like a typical vampire kind of helped tell the story of them as a fallen race.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I've been doing some quick research into Psyonix - don't have a lot of time tonight - just spent an hour using my research techniques.

I have found this render on a portfolio site belonging to one of Psyonix's art staff. I'm going to do something that I don't usually do - and decline to link to the site specifically - as I don't want to get the person who has uploaded it into trouble.

EObvMKC.jpg

The image was displayed in a portfolio under the heading "vampire creature concept". Fans of the Legacy of Kain series will note that winged vampires are significantly important to the lore.

If (and I stress the if) this is from War for Nosgoth - it could represent a few things - a devolved Razielim, a twisted Ancient, or even Janos Audron himself post-burning within the Demon Dimension.

If it's a razielim, what if it's a prequel with all the clans fighting it out? :O

EObvMKC.jpg

Fingers not claws? Pah. Vae Victus!

Top Bottom