Warface Console Announcement Trailer

RUSHv4

Neo Member
I just recently downloaded it on steam. It is very much a grindy game but has some fun co-op missions. The multiplayer is pretty good though.

Warface instead of a Crysis Trilogy Remake in Cryengine V? I hope they're not doing it this gen becasue they'd rather 60fps next gen, but it's still money left on the table for Crytek when they've been having so many financial woes......

Warface instead of a Crysis Trilogy Remake in Cryengine V? I hope they're not doing it this gen becasue they'd rather 60fps next gen, but it's still money left on the table for Crytek when they've been having so many financial woes......
If this is a f2p shooter... I wouldn’t be surprised if it blows up with the console release. I’m in.

If this is a f2p shooter... I wouldn’t be surprised if it blows up with the console release. I’m in.
It probably can do well and I imagine it would be F2P...On Crysis though, if they're saving a proper trilogy remake of Crysis for next gen at 60fps. I can understand,....... that along with a crysis 4 would be ideal.....but I will check out Warface on console regardless....more games are never bad...

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
What an odd choice to release on PS4/XBO considering it had a X360 build years prior and they closed it.
But hey, more shooters, whats not to love?

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
If it's not 60fps on my pspro I won't even download it
Then i reckon you wont download it since no Cryengine game on current gen consoles has hit 60 fps AFAIK, Aside from FC Instincts Predator.
Seeing the trailer, it definitely runs off the older Cryengine 3 build as it certainly does not feature more modern Cryengine features.

Just seems strange to re-release it again, but the X360 port was a late-gen effort, so perhaps this will have more visibility. The voice over is terrible though, reminds me of the Movie Preview Guy sketch.

Didn't this game start as a web browser game years ago? I might be confusing it with something else but I'm pretty sure it was this.

If you're interested, you can read more about how that browser launcher worked. Here:
https://en.softonic.com/articles/hands-on-with-cryteks-warface-and-gface
But it still wasn't a browser game in its usual meaning because it downloaded files on your PC. Now it has its own client and looks better than on those old screenshots by the way.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I loved this game in the 360 and i'm very happy to the the return again. After playing the beta is the same game again with the crap money system to buy the weapons permanent but with the free stuff is enough for me and it's a fun game to play coop. Also i noticed the connection system work much better than the 360 without the lag.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Warface Airlines are at your service. Board the transport at Xbox Early Access gates. Make sure you are stocked up on the necessary tools. Destination: unclassified. Countless missions and raids around the globe await. Join us!

Downloading right now, lets see if it is shit.

EDIT: It's actually decent if you are into military shooters. But the grind can be seen from a mile away. I'll keep it on my hdd for the occasional tacticool shootout, but nothing more. Cryengine looke hideous though.

Last edited: