• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe coming to Nintendo Switch

Cybrwzrd

Banned
This was just announced at TennoCon. I am surprised, it definitely loses a lot of its beauty on the hardware, but portable space ninjas sounds cool. If only we could transfer characters.

VertigoOA

Banned
I feel like this game can barely run on current gen hardware... it’ll be interesting

Speaking of... did they ever update for pro and x consoles?

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Trailer:

Done by Panic Button. Which is somewhat disappointing because didn't they say a few weeks ago they were working on a "huge port" that was going to be announced this month. I'm guessing this was it...

Cybrwzrd

Banned
It's p2baro.... why are you so excited about that?

It was the first game I played on my PS4 actually, since it was a launch title. The pay mechanism isn't overbearing and the developers actually deserve the money, since the game keeps on getting better.

It's p2baro.... why are you so excited about that?
I think the consensus is that if you're actively playing and you're paying, you're doing it wrong. Most people only spend money on plat because they want something in the super immediate future or they want to "reward DE for being awesome".

manfestival

I think the consensus is that if you're actively playing and you're paying, you're doing it wrong. Most people only spend money on plat because they want something in the super immediate future or they want to "reward DE for being awesome".
It was the first game I played on my PS4 actually, since it was a launch title. The pay mechanism isn't overbearing and the developers actually deserve the money, since the game keeps on getting better.
I didn't say p2w tho. Pay 2 Baro ki'teer, its a reference in the game fellas... if you play the game then you would get it.

Last edited:
I didn't say p2w tho. Pay 2 Baro ki'teer, its a reference in the game fellas... if you play the game then you would get it.
I do get the reference but I'm still not paying to Baro and I don't want anyone that doesn't get it thinking that paying is necessary to the game. It isn't. Not a single mechanic in the game is it necessary or even recommended to pay. Anyone who actively plays has more relics and more Prime parts than they know what to do with. Those prime parts can be sold for plat or they can be exchanged for ducats outright.

royox

Trailer:

Done by Panic Button. Which is somewhat disappointing because didn't they say a few weeks ago they were working on a "huge port" that was going to be announced this month. I'm guessing this was it...

My gosh it looks horrible.

manfestival

I do get the reference but I'm still not paying to Baro and I don't want anyone that doesn't get it thinking that paying is necessary to the game. It isn't. Not a single mechanic in the game is it necessary or even recommended to pay. Anyone who actively plays has more relics and more Prime parts than they know what to do with. Those prime parts can be sold for plat or they can be exchanged for ducats outright.
Bruh its a reference to tennocon baro which is a paid portal. chill man, once again NOT p2w. You don't have to re-emphasize a point that was never stated

Switch works really well with these F2P games.

I think Fortnite and Warframe type games will make a lot of revenue and make the third parties not supporting look bad to shareholders.

My gosh it looks horrible.
This is hyperbole. I'm pretty sure that was just the pc version.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Uugh, what a generic looking game

It really has a unique art style that grows on you over time. It’s combat system is what Destiny should be to be honest, and I dropped Warframe for Destiny years ago. Nothing else in shooter style gaming feels like jumping through maps as a Tenno. It’s the most fluid shooter I’ve ever played.

DonF

Oh wow that looks impressive in all the wrong ways. I mean it's great what panic button is pulling off on this little machine.

You know what, I'll be optimistic, I remember when warframe launched it requiered a very hefty machine and it actually ran like shit on the ps4. If the development is continuous, maybe they will make it look better. At least in docked mode.

cryptoadam

Banned
Get PUBG on there.

360 P and 5 frames per second but will probably sell 10 Million copies LOL.

Just joking don't attack me I know PUBG would never work on a Switch

boo

Gold Member
I watched a few YouTube videos about Warframe and it seems that the game has been improved upon year by year. The fact that Digital Extremes seems to listen to the players both with regards to fixing bugs as well as creating new content makes me ready to take the plunge.

Interesting to learn how the success of the game saved the company. I may put some money into it if the gameplay clicks with me. Based on the videos it seems to be good people working at the company which makes me look forward to the game a bit extra.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
The game that did Destiny earlier and better than Destiny. Good get for the switch.

J4K

So much salt in here over the Switch getting another solid port from a team that is doing pretty well in this area.

I just see it as another win for the Switch. This year's first half has been weak on high profile releases, so the continued support in the form of solid ports like Wolfenstein, Fortnight, and now this is much appreciated. Hopefully more are coming.

Basoes

Hopefully it will let you use your pc account and not be its own separate server like ps4/xbone

Last edited:

Zaffo

Highly doubt this. DE treats the PC version as a beta test for patches.

Wouldn't want to get matched with bumbling controller people while i'm going fast on the PC versione, but without the possibility to use my hundreds hours account i have no use for a switch port.
Just do the MM right and make the game crossplay.

Ichabod

Banned
Years ago, when I downloaded WF on my xbone, it was obvious the game was really struggling to run at a decent clip. Hopefully the Switch port fares better.

Typically, "on the go" means having the freedom to move. Wi-Fi means staying in one spot for a prolonged period of time (missions take ~10 minutes, not including loading times which will probably be brutal on Switch) so that you don't lose connection. Pretty sure that's what he was getting at.

Ceadeus

Huh it's cool and all but I can remember the framerate on ps4 in à crowded forest area. Are they targeting sub 20 on Switch? Lets stay positive i guess!

scydrex

Well it looks like a PS3 game but portable... Let's see how it runs because of Crash Bandicoot blurry edition and not 30fps locked.

Last edited:
To me it looked like they were using the pc version and overlaying it on a Switch because it had better graphics than the ps4 version and a better framerate

Top Bottom