• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

the only place for a trade to actually happen is in the Clan dojo (either your own if you joined a Clan/made a Clan or the person you are trading with)

before that happens you have a number of places

warframe.market (usually the best place if you just wanna do business)
trade chat (decent but you have to filter most of the noise)
maroo's bazzar (alright if you are fine with the wares people have in there)
our discord (if you want to trade with GAF/Alliance members)

Hm I see. Is gaf clan open to pretty casual newbie players? My IGN is Qhon.

Manzoon

Banned
So that reload speed change on the Vectis Prime is insane. I took Metal Auger off because of the new innate punch through and added Critical Delay, and it feels like the magazine never empties.

grendelrt

I thought there was random spawning quests in the plains? It seems like you have to go back to cetus after each bounty?

Also I shot some of the small eidolin running around and they convert into energy but then don't take dmg, how do you dmg the second form?

Really cool update so far, trying to decide if I need destiny 2 at this point.

Mupod

Friend and I ran into a bunch of server issues when trying to do Plains stuff so we gave up and finished unlocking War Within. He had to go run some stuff in WoW so we'll probably finish that tonight. While he was gone I finished up some farming and started crafting a bunch of items.

Bought Rhino Prime off someone because I wanted it and still have thousands of platinum from the Hydroid price error. I figure if I ever run out I'll just buy in on Prime Access if/when they do something I want like Mesa+Akvasto. I've still spent under 20 bucks total on this game over the years, which is well below what I usually do for F2P games I like.

But yeah, Rhino Prime was super easy to make compared to Trinity's insane amount of Cryotic. And I apparently have both the old Arcane helmets for Rhino, I was gonna use the sprint speed one.

Started Zephyr as well because I had the materials on hand and I need more frames. Finally got enough Gallium for a Lanka and started Lex Prime too. I figure some longer ranged guns should help me in Plains a bit.

I've been using Arca Plasmor since I got it and holy shit this thing clears rooms. But it's making me realize that I don't understand Damage 2.0 at all (back in my day elemental damage was just more damage). Do I want to just get as many types of damage on it as possible? Or should I go all-in and focus on, say, Radiation? I haven't had to worry about this stuff much since I returned, as I've mostly been clearing lower level things to get my friend caught up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#All

For Arca Plasmor, which has a low fire rate but high damage, I go for Viral. For guns with high fire rates, Corrosive is better. Radiation is fine as a CC type status effect but I wouldn't go all in on it. Gas is good for AoE for things that don't have innate AoE (Arca Plasmor does though). Blast is okay as well but not a great damage type. Lastly, Mag... is trash. It's unavoidable on some guns but it's honestly the least useful stat. Its good against shields but Toxin ignores shields which makes Gas all around better than Mag against Corpus.

As for individual elements:
Toxin: Damage
Heat: Damage + CC
Electricity: CC
Cold: CC

This is mostly relevant for status builds though, and while Arca Plasmor has a high status chance it's not really a status gun because what's considered a status weapon is how quickly you can apply status over and over again. Arca's low rate of fire + high damage means status procs aren't very relevant (with the exception of Viral which cuts HP in half).

So after running partnered streams for the last 10 hours and not receiving any drops, I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

My twitch account is linked and all that, since I have Frost Prime through that twitch prime deal as well. Do I need to manually claim the twitch drops somewhere? Otherwise I can only assume drop distribution is delayed.

Not sure how I feel about Gara so far but I will say this, range is pretty pointless on her so you don't have to worry about modding for it. I put about 200% range on her and most of the time her 4 ability went way too far out. Since enemies are basically glassed in place you still had to run around the map to shatter them, and many times the actual glass barrier would clip through the world so you couldn't use your number 1 on it to shatter it. Duration on the other hand is great for her, her number 4 at the default 100% range stretches out far enough to glass enemies coming up on a defense point and duration keeps them glassed long enough to shatter them all. Duration also helps with her 2 uptime quite a bit.

Also some of the older warframe quests are broken T_T. I finally decided to do the Titania quest, the tree hugger loki protectors don't spawn le siiiiigh.

I thought there was random spawning quests in the plains? It seems like you have to go back to cetus after each bounty?

Also I shot some of the small eidolin running around and they convert into energy but then don't take dmg, how do you dmg the second form?

Really cool update so far, trying to decide if I need destiny 2 at this point.

They are if you decide to roam the plains without picking up a bounty.

So after running partnered streams for the last 10 hours and not receiving any drops, I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

My twitch account is linked and all that, since I have Frost Prime through that twitch prime deal as well. Do I need to manually claim the twitch drops somewhere? Otherwise I can only assume drop distribution is delayed.

It's broken at the moment sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, which basically means your chances of getting one for watching a stream are even lower than what they already are lol.

Arrrammis

I want to do stuff on the plains, but 5/6 bounties that I've tried today have ended with a game crash upon completing a step (one of which was opening the door to get back to Cetus- it did not count the mission as complete, so I lost all of the resources I had collected). Here's hoping DE can work something out with that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Finally got my 75% off login bonus but it's too late, I still have like 2k plat left over from that Prime access SNAFU. Sorry DA. :(

Tabby

That Ember Deluxe skin is so disappointing. The art they showed off a while back looked perfect but this is just, eh.

I’ll be sticking to my Ember Magesty skin.

I'm so bummed out by this update.

Stuff feels needlessly grindy especially standing for Quill.
There's nothing going on in the Open World other than random grineer squads.
Fishing and mining suck because you can't see what you're supposed to be targeting unless you're right on top of it.
Fast travel through archwing is locked behind fishing and clantech.
New mineral resources are locked behind blueprints for no reason.
Missions bug out half of the time I play a public match
Mission types mostly suck because they're bad versions of missions already in game.
Don't even get me started on the bullshit that is an Eidolon.

I wasn't expecting a Breath of the Wild here but goddamn it shows this is their first time attempting it.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Stuff feels needlessly grindy especially standing for Quill.
There's nothing going on in the Open World other than random grineer squads.
Fishing and mining suck because you can't see what you're supposed to be targeting unless you're right on top of it.
Fast travel through archwing is locked behind fishing and clantech.
New mineral resources are locked behind blueprints for no reason.
Missions bug out half of the time I play a public match
Mission types mostly suck because they're bad versions of missions already in game.
Don't even get me started on the bullshit that is an Eidolon.

I wasn't expecting a Breath of the Wild here but goddamn it shows this is their first time attempting it.

They're actively taking feedback from users. No doubt they'll work out the kinks and refine the mechanics so it becomes a better experience.

Strider

I'm mixed so far... But the downsides are mostly due to the rewards for the bounties/quests/syndicates and the bugs. Both of these are fixable... I'm pretty amazed at just how bad the bounty rewards are and how grindy some of the new content is though. Warframe has always been grindy sure, but it's always felt fair to me. Not with this update though...

But despite those problems actually playing on the plains is good fun and a nice complement to the tile based missions we have in the rest of the game. IMO the movement mechanics really shine with the freedom of a large open space and that's the main reason I enjoy Warframe's gameplay in the first place...
The one Eidolon fight I've attempted is also the first time I've ever actually had fun using the operator in combat too so that's a cool bonus.

Kadin

Question about playing solo: What's the typical progression when working on stuff by yourself? So far I've been simply going from planet mission to planet mission and slowly making progress while trying to do quests (in my codex) that are doable. Is this basically what you do to progress because I'm not quite sure if there's a structured path to follow or just do kinda whatever to earn exp.

I'm doing a lot of this and honestly don't feel like I'm doing much. I find a few mods here and there and level up my gear but it seems very... lackluster... if that's the right word. Only Mastery 3 right now and I'm doing stuff on Mercury. I just got the new Twitch Prime gear so hopefully I'll get Master leveled a bit more now since my other stuff is all maxed.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Question about playing solo: What's the typical progression when working on stuff by yourself? So far I've been simply going from planet mission to planet mission and slowly making progress while trying to do quests (in my codex) that are doable. Is this basically what you do to progress because I'm not quite sure if there's a structured path to follow or just do kinda whatever to earn exp.

I'm doing a lot of this and honestly don't feel like I'm doing much. I find a few mods here and there and level up my gear but it seems very... lackluster... if that's the right word. Only Mastery 3 right now and I'm doing stuff on Mercury. I just got the new Twitch Prime gear so hopefully I'll get Master leveled a bit more now since my other stuff is all maxed.

Progress through the Star Map as much as you can. Getting to other planets means you get new craft materials, not to mention you unlock certain quests that way. And the more nodes you unlock, the more potential bounties you can do.

Speaking of bounties, you should do them. On the navigation map, click on the triangle-shaped icon with an exclamation mark in the top right to display them. They give you bonus credits, craft mats and sometimes weapon blueprints.

Also, whenever you do a mission, make sure to complete the bonus objective (e.g. get 30 kills, 10 headshots, 30 rifle kills, 1 mod, etc.). Depending on the type, they either give you 1,000 or 5,000 affinity points, which is a good chunk of XP.

Kadin

Progress through the Star Map as much as you can. Getting to other planets means you get new craft materials, not to mention you unlock certain quests that way. And the more nodes you unlock, the more potential bounties you can do.

Speaking of bounties, you should do them. On the navigation map, click on the triangle-shaped icon with an exclamation mark in the top right to display them. They give you bonus credits, craft mats and sometimes weapon blueprints.

Also, whenever you do a mission, make sure to complete the bonus objective (e.g. get 30 kills, 10 headshots, 30 rifle kills, 1 mod, etc.). Depending on the type, they either give you 1,000 or 5,000 affinity points, which is a good chunk of XP.
Okay cool, I'll look into doing some of the bounties. I'm trying to figure out if I should have the same frame of mind in this game like I do in Diablo 3 and Path of Exile where I simply need to level up and do that by following the story or just grinding. The rewards or rather lack there of are what seem to be throwing me off. Luckily I had the gear from the Twitch Prime rewards and the earlier platinum bundle mistake so I've had some decent stuff, not sure what I'd be doing with just the gear everyone is given when they start.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Downed an Eidolon, some tips:

Upon finding an Eidolon, it's immune to all damage except your Amp boosted Void Beam. To unlock the Amp, complete the Gara quest then find the Quill outpost in Cetus, near the southeast of the exit. You'll notice it because there will be people standing there usually.

Once you take out its shield, you will be able to damage it with weapons (and maybe skills? I know mesa doesn't work on it but I haven't tried others, especially Exalted weapons). It has four weakspots, its kneecaps and shoulders. There's no point in damaging all of them so focus on one.

Once you destroy a weakspot, it'll unleash a large wave of energy that will kill nearly all Warframes. I think you can hide behind shields like Frost's globe. You can avoid it with Void Mode. You can also just run away.

Then it'll respawn somewhere nearby (with the giant glowing teal beacon) and you have to repeat the process four times.

On killing the last weakspot, its head will become vulnerable. Killing the head will destroy the Eidolon and drop some cores? I think you might be on a time limit here though. My Eidolon skedaddled at approximately 10%.

1) Shield Disruption Aura apparently works but since I don't have one I can't test.

2) You can use Void Mode to avoid all damage. This is really important for bypassing AoE heavy phases. Get used to shifting in and out of Void Mode. You can also stay in Void Mode while resurrecting. People will die all the time so this is really handy for keeping people alive.

3) You will dump a lot of ammo into his body. Consider ammo boxes, or keeping track of the Grineer ammo stations.

4) The Eidolon will attract a lot of those little Sentient things. Some of them can repair the Eidolon's shields like Ospreys, make sure you kill those so you don't have to keep bringing down the Eidolon's shields.

5) Everytime you kill a weakspot and the Eidolon respawns, it'll gain more and more AoE capabilities (the rain of missiles we've seen in the stream). This is where you have to be really on the ball with Void Mode/warframe defenses.

VandalD

I feel pretty much the same. I like the ideas, but the execution is insanity. I'd have to dump a ridiculous amount of time to get decent standing. Even the streamers who are taking down eidolons in groups are getting pitiful rewards for doing it, and your progress is going to be even more pathetic if all you can take out is the small ones. And the bounties just take so long to do, plus having to run all the way back to the gates to start another, then run back out.
Id love to be invited to the clan, names VitalTundra.
You're already in a clan. If you leave it and want an invite, let us know again.

I feel pretty much the same. I like the ideas, but the execution is insanity. I'd have to dump a ridiculous amount of time to get decent standing. Even the streamers who are taking down eidolons in groups are getting pitiful rewards for doing it, and your progress is going to be even more pathetic if all you can take out is the small ones. And the bounties just take so long to do, plus having to run all the way back to the gates to start another, then run back out.

You're already in a clan. If you leave it and want an invite, let us know again.

wait what? :/

if you complete the bounty does it teleport you back?

Arrrammis

So, I feel like an idiot for getting frustrated over the mining... here's a few mechanics that they don't explain or that I just missed:
with the drill equipped:
- the number of deposits nearby is show in the left side of the screen
- distance to the nearest deposit is on the right
- beeping sound gets higher when you're looking in the direction of the nearest ore deposit
while drilling:
- follow the line as carefully as you can, you get more ore/diamonds by filling up the diamonds at the top of the screen, which show how well you've traced the line.
- zooming out and back in will cause the trace line to reappear, but you'll lose 1 diamond "point"

So now I pretty much just equip the drill when I'm not in combat on the plains, the ore is surprisingly common in rocky areas.

wait what? :/

if you complete the bounty does it teleport you back?

Nope, you need to run all the way back to the door.

Even worse, if you're in a squad (even a matchmaking one), you can't leave the plains unless everyone comes back to the entrance. So, I always have my squad set to friends only, and stick to grouping up with alliance mates for the hard bounties and Eidolins.

Mupod

The plains stuff works fine alone but I play most of this game with a friend, and shit simply doesn't work for us. It's like a 1 in 10 chance that it will even let us enter the zone, quests bug out constantly, and god help you if you want to get back into Cetus.

Instead of that we just finished War Within and did some void fissures. The riven mod I got seems worthless, but I have no idea what I need to do to be ready for sorties. Level 100 seems...crazy?

Anyone doing alot of fishing? Looking for tips on some where the rarer fish are at and what people are using to find them. Any guides out yet? Also what weapons are you guys using to take down the eidolons? We got down two legs and one arm but ran out of time. Weren't doing damage quickly enough I guess. Might need to buff up my operator a bit more also.

Manzoon

Banned
Anyone doing alot of fishing? Looking for tips on some where the rarer fish are at and what people are using to find them. Any guides out yet? Also what weapons are you guys using to take down the eidolons? We got down two legs and one arm but ran out of time. Weren't doing damage quickly enough I guess. Might need to buff up my operator a bit more also.

I was catching large fish in the bigger lakes, not sure what fish types are rare even.

I was trying to take down the teralyst as a duo, at first we were nova prime/mesa, but that seems largely pointless since mesa can't target the weak points with peacemaker. Molecular prime does slow the small sentients though.

Round two I was titania with a buffed up 4 power (high efficiency and lots of power strength) this allowed us to finish phase 2, but we wasted a lot of time not realizing the small sentients can restore the teralyst's shield. By morning we only had two parts destroyed. Titania was doing a lot of damage though with her 4 power, I neglected to see if any of her crowd control worked on the smaller sentients.

My friend took frost and his bubble was very effective at stopping the teralyst projectiles, but he needs to pick a better color since it was very hard to see out of it. I think the key is just going to have 4 people, 2 focusing on damage and 2 working on crowd control when the small sentients spawn.

Primus

There's a series of five custom Glyphs designed from the logos of five major Warframe streamers, and they're being given away free via promo codes.

It seems that for most people, the promo codes only work in-game in the Market, via the promo codes button at the bottom of the screen. Some people have had luck doing it through the Warframe website, but it's best right now to do it in game.

The five promo codes are:

PROFESSORBROMAN
KINGGOTHALION
BIKEMAN
SUMMIT1G
ADMIRALBAHROO

Nope, you need to run all the way back to the door.

Even worse, if you're in a squad (even a matchmaking one), you can't leave the plains unless everyone comes back to the entrance. So, I always have my squad set to friends only, and stick to grouping up with alliance mates for the hard bounties and Eidolins.

that's some trash.

anyways just went out at night and saw an Eidolin walking around, wasn't doing jack shit so i bailed LOL.

Also i had chosen a bounty but once i joined a squad the bounty failed? plus whats with this escort shit for a thing with a garbage amount of health?

Plus the time it takes to get a squad and open that door is kinda long but i guess its due to loading that entire world *shrug*

UltraJay

I'm trying to get through the main story as fast as I can, but I'd love a invite to the clan. In-game I'm UltraJay as well. I seriously thought that the Dojo opened up via game progression!

I'm in Australia so that might cause time zone issues unless there are other Oceania/SEA/Japan players.

I'm trying to get through the main story as fast as I can, but I'd love a invite to the clan. In-game I'm UltraJay as well. I seriously thought that the Dojo opened up via game progression!

I'm in Australia so that might cause time zone issues unless there are other Oceania/SEA/Japan players.

Invite sent. You'll need to craft the dojo key before you can enter the dojo though, it should be in your foundry once you accept the invite.

Relatively new player here, trying to advance in the main quest myself and try to get Oberon blueprints before Excalibur caps out - Can someone send a Clan invite to me (PC)?

Ingame name is SaberVS7

Kadin

Relatively new player here, trying to advance in the main quest myself and try to get Oberon blueprints before Excalibur caps out - Can someone send a Clan invite to me (PC)?

Ingame name is SaberVS7
Invite sent.

Is chat borked for anyone else right now, none of the channels are showing up... just a rotating refresh circle.

edit: nvm it's working now, just took forever to load I guess

ViviOggi

6A6D432D8914E0C9687614BF8A99E6C10E3D93D1

We fishermen now

Malrend

So how's Gara?

On the surface she seems like a lot of fun, but I'd like to hear the impressions of those who've actually played her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom