• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakenhild

Hey guys,

I'm a complete noob trying to reach Phobos. I've been looking for Cephalon Fragments to scan on Mars missions, with a maxed Thief's Wit to help me find them, yet after a few dozen repeats I have yet to find one. It's quite obvious now I'm doing something wrong because I do find them in other planets. So... any help?

I just did this last night. I ran hellas exterminate on solo and just ran around everywhere looking. Eventually found them within 3 runs, each time in a different location.

Mupod

I've yet to complete endurance test, finding the room and also 3 people who are kitted out for it and know what to do is impossible.

Hell I don't know the optimal strat for it!

The guy helping us seemed to be trying to do it by jumping up and down over and over, but this made it time out and fail (and made shooting the laser pads impossible).

When I tried doing it by standing in them, I just died even though I used a health restore. After that we gave up.

I did the stealth test and the Agility test as my 2 extra challenge rooms. Both were easy and the more annoying part is just getting the rooms to spawn/finding them.

I watched a youtube video on how to run through the stealth test then I just followed the guide on the wiki for the Agility test. You can alt-tab out freely between each step for the agility test as it's not timed or anything.

It seemed timed for us and would constantly fail randomly...in retrospect I guess it wasn't designed to be done with 2-3 people in the room, but we had no way of knowing that.

Wiki guides and youtube videos are available, fine, but asking me to alt tab and watch a 10 minute video while my friend stands around doing nothing is a bit much. Gating important stuff behind weird obtuse puzzles seems insane, but at this point we're pretty numb to how much this game bends over backwards to be impenetrable.

Strider

Wiki guides and youtube videos are available, fine, but asking me to alt tab and watch a 10 minute video while my friend stands around doing nothing is a bit much. .

I'm not asking you to alt-tab and watch a 10 minute video... I'm not actually asking you to do anything... I'm simply stating how I completed it and maybe you too can consider doing it that way. there's like 7-8 tests to choose from. Best thing to do is use the wiki to find which one you're most interested in doing.

As far as the challenges I did:
The stealth test... whatever video you'd watch would be under a minute. It's really short you just need to know where it starts/finishes and then dodge some lasers. If you have multiple players I think you might be able just simply have one person stand at the end and one of you stand on the activation plate and complete the test immediately. I soloed it so I'm not 100% sure on that.

As for the agility test... You'd alt-tab out and read one sentence of text telling you what to shoot then jump on the correct spot (albeit youd do this like 5 times). That's it though... there's not really an extended, long alt-tab process or anything. But yea I believe it's mostly designed for 1 player.

I very recently did all this content myself as far as the quests and unlocking nodes goes so it's fresh in my mind how ridiculous it all seems... but once you've completed it you end up thinking "oh that was actually really simple." Like I said in my first post the most annoying part for me was definitely just finding the rooms.

Primus

I've yet to complete endurance test, finding the room and also 3 people who are kitted out for it and know what to do is impossible.

Hell I don't know the optimal strat for it!

The trick is that most of the lasers can be blocked or temporarily disabled, so if your team is properly taking care of that the one person sitting on the lasers will take much less damage.

It's also possible to semi-cheese it with Rhino, as a pumped-up Iron Skin will reduce the damage by enough so that a few health restores will keep you going even with full lasers.

The trick is that most of the lasers can be blocked or temporarily disabled, so if your team is properly taking care of that the one person sitting on the lasers will take much less damage.

It's also possible to semi-cheese it with Rhino, as a pumped-up Iron Skin will reduce the damage by enough so that a few health restores will keep you going even with full lasers.

The panel dispels abilities

The current strat is Inaros stands there.

Tabby

unknown.png

ithappening.gif

https://mobile.twitter.com/rebbford/status/918495588085313536

It's happening.com

The best thing about the obtuse portions of this game are that you can go into just about any chat room to ask a veteran to help you and it will almost always work. I've asked for veterans to teach me spy missions, orokin vaults, etc. and have always gotten multiple people willing to help.

Mupod

Looking through the wiki on ways to make Sentients less frustrating to fight...
Operator mode
is supposed to have attacks? When I activate it, I can't get it to do anything. My friend can't either. We tried pressing everything, mouse and keyboard, nothing has any effect. Abilities worked during the story stuff so it can't be keybinds.

Operator mode
is supposed to have attacks? When I activate it, I can't get it to do anything. My friend can't either. We tried pressing everything, mouse and keyboard, nothing has any effect. Abilities worked during the story stuff so it can't be keybinds.

You'll want to complete The War Within.

Arrrammis

Operator mode

You get those after you complete the War Within. Until then, just carry weapons with different damage types and/or Nyx to make sentients fight each other. Once you complete War Within,
Your operator can fire a beam by tapping 5 to go into operator mode and then holding left click/fire

Strider

Have to head out in about 45 minutes and will be gone for a couple of hours... Hopefully the update is deployed and any possible server issues are sorted by the time I get home.

Hyyyype

Arrrammis

Nice, should be out by the time I get home ��

Edit: what is this about a free Soma Prime?

If you have Twitch Prime (i.e. Sign up for Amazon Prime, then connect your amazon account to your Twitch.tv account), You can get free prime stuff. Right now you can get Frost prime and a syandana, but once Plains drops it will change to giving you a free Soma Prime and Scindo Prime.

Primus

This is pretty much the very last chance for folks with Twitch Prime to snag that free Frost Prime. Not saying that Soma and Scindo Prime ain't worth it, but Frost Prime is super nice to have in your stable.

ZugZug123

If you have Twitch Prime (i.e. Sign up for Amazon Prime, then connect your amazon account to your Twitch.tv account), You can get free prime stuff. Right now you can get Frost prime and a syandana, but once Plains drops it will change to giving you a free Soma Prime and Scindo Prime.

Oh nice! I got into Warframe because of the Frost promo, did not realize another prime frame was coming 😁

And yes, Frost is a great frame, I'm more on the defensive tanky style of play, that worked out super well to get into the game. Excalibur was good, but it's a more "DPS" frame and it did not click with me.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
1-2MB/s... with a 300Mb connection lol.

[EDIT] Nevermind, sometimes goes up to 8MB/s and then back down to 3-4.

Callandor

nice.

I'll check it out when i'm at home

Reticle sway removed from all zoom levels!
1 meter punch through added to all snipers without any to start with (snipers with innate punch through unchanged).
1 combo count removed at a time when duration runs out instead of all of them (decay vs. cooldown).
1 combo count removed on miss instead of all of them
Additional bullets from multishot will each count as their own hits and misses in the combo counter
Combo duration reduced to 2 seconds for all snipers apart from Lanka which is reduced to 6
Damage fall off begins at 400 meters and ends at 600 meters with damage reduced to 50% past 600 meters.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything else is ok i think.

Arrrammis

I thought that DE mentioned being able to go straight from one mission to the next without going back to Cetus, but I guess they only meant the mission steps... still have to run back to the door every 15 minutes or so if you want to do bounties :(

Not anymore you don't! Now to wait 3 days...

Also started the Argonak and threw in most of the resources, if some others would be so kind as to finish it.
Oh good, I was only able to throw in about 60k polymer so I was hoping someone else had some more. I've wrapped up the Argonak so we'll have that in a few days as well.

grimmiq

I played this for like 350 hours back when it first came out, bought some platinum, I know when they made some major changes to mods they refunded all platinum spent, has that happened again? Downloading now, hopefully I still have all my stuff or a bunch of platinum.

Arrrammis

I really hope they make some small changes on plains, mainly with the sabotage mission, which currently features problems like:
- enemy with the intel spawning half a mile outside of the area,behind a ridge, and not coming any closer
- enemy with the intel not being marked
- supplies spawning far outside the zone and behind cover (so you can't hit them without leaving the zone, thus failing the mission)
- enemies not spawning (including the enemy with the intel)

Each of which have caused me to fail a bounty at some point today... welp, maybe I'll have better luck later.

Ken

I hit mastery 2 and it said I can trade now but where do I go to do that? Is it a marketboard style thing or do I just stand around and spam WTB message?

I hit mastery 2 and it said I can trade now but where do I go to do that? Is it a marketboard style thing or do I just stand around and spam WTB message?

the only place for a trade to actually happen is in the Clan dojo (either your own if you joined a Clan/made a Clan or the person you are trading with)

before that happens you have a number of places

warframe.market (usually the best place if you just wanna do business)
trade chat (decent but you have to filter most of the noise)
maroo's bazzar (alright if you are fine with the wares people have in there)
our discord (if you want to trade with GAF/Alliance members)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom