• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started to play today and consider myself a newbie :)

I didn't have to explain wall running or anything when we played, so I think you'll do just fine haha!

I think the initial "wow, a 3rd person action co op game with loot! sounds like my dream game" is starting to subside and monotony is starting to set in. I'm going to play through the rest of the first set of levels to decide if I want to shelf it or not.

Looking over the market it seems like the stuff you earn could take a potentially very long time to grind out. How often does platinum drop in the game?

Do any of the weapons really make that much of a difference gameplay wise?

Do the enemies/bosses get more varied later on?

Basically, I want to know at what point does the game become good?

Everything seems solid enough, I just want to know if it becomes more interesting.

You cannot get platinum outside of purchasing it.

I believe all weapons are inherently awesome, but they all just start off crap. If you can level it up, start slapping powerful mods on it, it becomes a ton of fun just slaughtering everything in your wake. As for game play differences, I believe so. Stacking armor and health so you can run in and melee everything vs stacking shields and shield recharge for the rifleman, etc.

The Grineer have gotten several new enemies the last 2 updates. Rollers, Seekers with their Nervos and Latchers, and Ballistas. I can only assume more and more enemies of all factions will be added as time goes on!

As for the bosses, they are all pretty much HP sinks with different attacks that you shoot until dead. I'm hoping we get varied stuff later on. Preferably bosses that encourage co-operation, lol.

Does it become good? That's subjective. I think the game is a blast and I've been playing since alpha. Believe me when I say the game has come a long, long way!

So, ehh... what are other ways to obtain new warframes other than paying with platinum? They don't expect me to pay real money for a content in a PvE game, do they?

edit: Ah, blueprints that cost tons and force you to grind resources. Smart play.

R1CHO

I have only played like an hour, but seems pretty good, i like the feeling of the weapons and the movement.

Also like the setting.

And is free.

I have stopped playing Bioshock to check this thing... no regrets.

I don't know if the system is being buggy or something, but I have sent everyone a GAF clan invite, and nearly everyone is still "Pending".

You have to accept the invite! Contacts => Circle clan button

I just want more people to talk to in game :'(

R1CHO

I don't know if the system is being buggy or something, but I have sent everyone a GAF clan invite, and nearly everyone is still "Pending".

You have to accept the invite! Contacts => Circle clan button

I just want more people to talk to in game :'(

I am RICHO ingame, feel free to add me too.

Nymerio

I installed this yesterday and played the first mission solo. Pretty cool so far, I'll hop into a multiplayer game today and see how that's going.

I'm really digging the graphics. So far it ran really well on my 570, I'll have to see if I can enable PhysX and still get 60fps.

Bombless

Man, the Lato Vandal is turning into a BEAST.

DSBz9W6.jpg

Bombless

Banshee is pretty ridiculous...and I love it.

Lato Vandal is 22 now, 2 shots most stuff. I can't even begin to fathom how a same level Lex would behave with those mods. Crazy.

Nymerio

Ok, there's something I don't understand. I've played with a couple of friends both of them have already reached level 2 (Silver Initiate) but I'm still not even half-way there. I usually top most stats when we play and I have the most time played. One of my friends was afk during most of our games and the skill value in his stats panel is the highest of all of us.

I'm either doing something extremely wrong or I'm extremely bad at this game without even seeing it.

Cmagus

Not a bad game so far. I kind of wish this game had a cover mechanic though and some of the controller stuff is abit lacking but it is just beta right now.Also the design seems like it's coming right out of their original Dark Sector concept.

Ok, there's something I don't understand. I've played with a couple of friends both of them have already reached level 2 (Silver Initiate) but I'm still not even half-way there. I usually top most stats when we play and I have the most time played. One of my friends was afk during most of our games and the skill value in his stats panel is the highest of all of us.

I'm either doing something extremely wrong or I'm extremely bad at this game without even seeing it.

Every time a weapon levels, you get 100 mastery toward your overall rank, and 200 for each time your warframe levels.

Most the the values in profiles are still janky as hell, and last time I looked no one knew how that "skill" attribute was even calculated haha!

Nymerio

Yeah, I posted about this on the official forums. My rank seems correct when I add up my warframe and weapon levels. I'll have to check my friend's levels, but it doesn't really make sense because I'm pretty sure my levels are higher than his.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Resigned in after the update and I see all these cards I powerup.

At least my first drop was penetration, but I likely won't visit it again for a while I think.

Goldmund

I just started playing. This might be a silly question, but I don't understand when special abilities come into play ... do you unlock them by leveling up?

Bombless

Each power (represented by a card) and mod (other cards) requires a certain amount of energy to be slotted in your frame. Each time your frame levels up it gains 1 energy (2 if supercharged with a reactor). So if a power requires 2 energy units you need that much available on your frame.

Now, some cards, be they powers or mods have a certain symbol. If your frame/weapon has slots with the same symbol slotting that card in that specific spot will half it's energy usage in half (that's why each frame has 4 slots for it's own powers).

R1CHO

So what is this?

itVxTO9AlxkvG.jpg

0.1 Perforation? 0.1 what? Like in 10% of the bullets perforce shields and armors? Just shield? Or the 0.1 is another thing?

Is it useful?

Bombless

It's a mod that allows projectiles to pass through bodies/walls. Not sure how big the range it is though, I don't use them on my weapons. I use multishot instead.

Seems pretty expensive in energy cost for what it does. Will try it once I get my weapons over lvl 30. Also I think it doesn't work with the bolt/arrow weapon types.

Edit : Checked the Wiki and the 0.1 is in meters. Will definitely need to try it out. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods

R1CHO

It's a mod that allows projectiles to pass through bodies/walls. Not sure how big the range it is though, I don't use them on my weapons. I use multishot instead.

Seems pretty expensive in energy cost for what it does. Will try it once I get my weapons over lvl 30. Also I think it doesn't work with the bolt/arrow weapon types.

Edit : Checked the Wiki and the 0.1 is in meters. Will definitely need to try it out. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods

Thanks a lot, i also have multishot, will try that.

Nymerio

Ok, I guess I'm just stupid. The problem was that when I look at a friends profile his xp bar always shows as full.

Goldmund

Thanks for the help, but I figured it out, eventually. The interface is a bit confusing. Anyway, -- anyone spent any money on this yet? I'd buy this game in a heartbeat, ... but I'm not sure about buying in-game currency that I then spent on things I regret buying later.

More people should try this, this is really fun.

Solo is insanely hard.

Squad is too fast (people run, other get lost) and it's incredibly long and boring to grind for better loot.

Sure it's pretty and stylish but the fun goes away after shooting stuff in the same room over and over again. I played a lot of the beta but won't try boot the game until lot of more content is added

The laser barriers on some doors get annoying but otherwise this game is entertaining enough for a F2P.

Add me friend: KomKolle***

Nymerio

Yeah, the laser barriers are amazingly annoying. Had to google how to properly get around them. First time I only ever saw people sliding through them but whenever I tried that I got hit. Then I just used the sword dash move get through but that only works if you have enough energy. Then I found out that you only need to kill the security cameras. Doesn't help that they sometimes appear just as you're about to go through a door.

Solo is insanely hard.

Squad is too fast (people run, other get lost) and it's incredibly long and boring to grind for better loot.

Sure it's pretty and stylish but the fun goes away after shooting stuff in the same room over and over again. I played a lot of the beta but won't try boot the game until lot of more content is added

I agree that solo is absurdly hard and I can definitely see that content will become a problem soonish. The problem I'm having is that most people I play with are really bad at the game. I usually play with a friend and in almost every game we play we do account for over 70% of the damage. But whatever, I'm about 15 hours in and I'm still having fun. It's not like it costs anything and I don't have a problem with taking a break from the game to check it out again some time later down the line.

Yeah, laser doors are frustrating, especially when you're just starting and don't know wtf causes them, haha! Or when someone runs ahead and doesn't have the courtesy to take out the cameras as he goes...

Wheeeeew! Just did a defense mission on Europa and got to wave 30! Before this I've never had a group get past wave 15 and survive, lol. Funny thing, after wave 20, two people dropped out and we 2-manned nearly 3 waves! Apparently Nyx/Saryn combo is damn awesome ;)

Banshee helmet BP reward, awwww yeah!

...Now to get the chassis...

Nymerio

Yeah, laser doors are frustrating, especially when you're just starting and don't know wtf causes them, haha! Or when someone runs ahead and doesn't have the courtesy to take out the cameras as he goes...

Wheeeeew! Just did a defense mission on Europa and got to wave 30! Before this I've never had a group get past wave 15 and survive, lol. Funny thing, after wave 20, two people dropped out and we 2-manned nearly 3 waves! Apparently Nyx/Saryn combo is damn awesome ;)

Banshee helmet BP reward, awwww yeah!

...Now to get the chassis...

wait, what? We always have to stop at the first opportunity the game gives us :/

Nymerio

It's not like we want to stop. Any tips on how to do this? We usually just stand in the middle and try to clear all the enemies before they can do too much damage, I'm still using the standard rifle that comes with the excalibur while my friend has the Snipetron. I have a feeling that we'd do better if he went back to the standard rifle...

The default weapons are pretty blah, and the Snipetron only has 4 shots before a looooong reload (if I recall correctly). Changing both would be recommended, but yeah, that Snipetron in a defense mission would be a disadvantage.

Also, add me and I can help sometime :)

Nymerio

Ok, will do. What weapons do you recommend? I just built the dual heat swords but haven't yet tried them out. I also have the dual pistols, I think they're called Aklato or something. They're pretty amazing but I don't have any good pistol mods yet. Dunno what rifle I should go for. I'm thinking of going for the Latron, seems like good damage and accuracy.

Bombless

Pistols basically. The automatics are regarded as...lacking. Shotguns are good as well I hear, but Pistols get downright ridiculous. Their upgrades are grossly overpowered. That being said, the bow is quite good against anything but Infested.

Azull

Is bad that the title made me think of the theme song for Power rangers in Space? SET CONTROLS TO...yeah I'll leave now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom