• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiaoki

So, I started the game a few days ago, and I like it so far. Though the lack of a proper tutorial meant it took me ages to figure out wallrunning, to the point where I quit a few missions because I ended up trapped in areas I couldn't leave anymore. Tried to solo as far as possible, which worked surprisingly well until the second or third defense mission - Excalibur is really lacking in the crowd control department.

If the GAF clan still needs members, my ingame name is the same as here: wsippel.

There are a lot of different moves that are inexplicably not explained in-game AT ALL.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/2786-combo-moves-discovered/

The complexity is staggering.

There are a lot of different moves that are inexplicably not explained in-game AT ALL.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/2786-combo-moves-discovered/

The complexity is staggering.

Yeah the tutorial was terrible, this I found was super helpful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNLhVpBrBM&list=PLKSzOMQMo9pd5tdbXabivk9O_NGEu1isL

Showed it to 2 of my friends and they started playing as well :D

o and I was curious as to why ppl complained that Vauban systems were a pain to get, decided to check out the WarframeAlerts twitter, the last time it showed up was on 6/24 :/

Antimatter Warframe work-in-progress sneak peak http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7ahu-vm2E

Yep. That robot bun hairdo looks predictably ridiculous.

Curious how she'll play and hopefully she wont be as hard as Vauban to assemble

O so I got a 20% off Platinum discount today as my login bonus and am tempted to get some (I already filled out all my weapon slots). How rare is it to get this discount? Is there higher discounts or should I just bite on this?

Flipyap

Curious how she'll play and hopefully she wont be as hard as Vauban to assemble

O so I got a 20% off Platinum discount today as my login bonus and am tempted to get some (I already filled out all my weapon slots). How rare is it to get this discount? Is there higher discounts or should I just bite on this?
I got daily discounts a few times already, so at the very least they're a lot more common than actual useful items (I've heard stories of daily reward catalysts/reactors, but I don't believe in fairy tales). There's also a 50% discount.

Antimatter Warframe work-in-progress sneak peak http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7ahu-vm2E

Yep. That robot bun hairdo looks predictably ridiculous.

I was iffy about the halo thing on top of her head, I didn't realize there was going to be 2 more on her back. Aesthetically-wise, kinda ehhhhhhh in my book.

Was kind of hoping for a Shock Rifle-esque ability from that one skill. Slow moving energy ball that you shoot (with another skill of hers, preferably) for a huge explosion. I mean, they worked on Unreal Tournament... Make it happen, DE!

There's a 50% discount available as well. Rare of course.

I got daily discounts a few times already, so at the very least they're a lot more common than actual useful items (I've heard stories of daily reward catalysts/reactors, but I don't believe in fairy tales). There's also a 50% discount.

Thanks guys, decided to plop down $24 for the 570 plat for now, should be good for some more slots and potatoes, maybe get some nicer colors too.

Bombless

I was iffy about the halo thing on top of her head, I didn't realize there was going to be 2 more on her back. Aesthetically-wise, kinda ehhhhhhh in my book.

Was kind of hoping for a Shock Rifle-esque ability from that one skill. Slow moving energy ball that you shoot (with another skill of hers, preferably) for a huge explosion. I mean, they worked on Unreal Tournament... Make it happen, DE!

Isn't what happens? I got the impression that he shot at the ball and it blew up. The rest of the powers I don't really understand. Seems to have a deployable shield though. Hopefully being "antimatter" it reflects the projectiles back at those firing them.

wsippel

Banned
Currently selling useless vanity stuff from my Steam inventory to buy platinum. Paying for a F2P game using money made in pretty much same way seems quite consequent.

Vauban Systems BP alert for the next 50 min (last time was 6/26)
Missed it by a couple of minutes. Oh well, at least I got a potato blueprint from an alert today. And some stuff I'll probably not need anytime soon, if ever (Frost alt helmet blueprint, heat dagger blueprint, some other stuff). Trading system can't come fast enough. :)

demolitio

Wow, it's going to take some time to get used to this again but I see so much has improved over the past few months. If only I bought some Platinum a month ago before I had to empty my bank account because this game is certainly worth at least a few dollars.

What would you guys get if you had 130 Platinum? I have no clue what to get and there's no chance of me getting any more for quite a while short of a lottery win, so is a Sentinel the best option? Otherwise, I have no idea and I don't know if the Kraken or Grakata are worth the 125.

wsippel

Banned
Wow, it's going to take some time to get used to this again but I see so much has improved over the past few months. If only I bought some Platinum a month ago before I had to empty my bank account because this game is certainly worth at least a few dollars.

What would you guys get if you had 130 Platinum? I have no clue what to get and there's no chance of me getting any more for quite a while short of a lottery win, so is a Sentinel the best option? Otherwise, I have no idea and I don't know if the Kraken or Grakata are worth the 125.
Sentinel, slots and reactors/ catalysts, probably - and everything but the sentinel only once you really need it. Wouldn't spend any real money on weapons or frames. A sentinel is almost certainly worth it. Those things add a lot of utility, they're quite hard to get playing regularly, and if you buy them using platinum, they come with a reactor and a catalyst already installed.

demolitio

Sentinel, slots and reactors/ catalysts, probably - and everything but the sentinel only once you really need it. Wouldn't spend any real money on weapons or frames. A sentinel is almost certainly worth it. Those things add a lot of utility, they're quite hard to get playing regularly, and if you buy them using platinum, they come with a reactor and a catalyst already installed.

Thanks for the response. Which sentinel would you choose for Loki? Should I stick to the stealth sentinal or supplement my offensive power with Deathcube or Wyrm?

wsippel

Banned
Thanks for the response. Which sentinel would you choose for Loki? Should I stick to the stealth sentinal or supplement my offensive power with Deathcube or Wyrm?
I only have the Cube and never tried stealth, so I couldn't really answer that. The Cube, once it's offensive mod is improved a bit, has a pretty good range, very fast target acquisition and no cooldown, and will supposedly open fire on any enemy in the vicinity even if you're cloaked, making it completely unsuited for stealth gameplay. Supposedly. It's also all offense, with no crowd control abilities - while Wyrm has an AoE stun that triggers when two or more enemies get too close, Cube has Vaporize, which will, well, vaporize a single target that gets too close. Which can obviously be very useful if you specialize in ranged combat and a melee enemy slipped through, and quite useless if you specialize in melee yourself.

Currently selling useless vanity stuff from my Steam inventory to buy platinum. Paying for a F2P game using money made in pretty much same way seems quite consequent.

Missed it by a couple of minutes. Oh well, at least I got a potato blueprint from an alert today. And some stuff I'll probably not need anytime soon, if ever (Frost alt helmet blueprint, heat dagger blueprint, some other stuff). Trading system can't come fast enough. :)

Sorry I just out and dissapared before we could get you that control module, internet crapped out and decided to go to bed

From what the guys told me when I was deciding, the Wyrm is outclassed by the cube when it comes to damage, get the cube if you want damage but if you want stealth, get the Shade, both are good but its a matter of playstyle preference. But yeah as for how to spend the plat, definitely weapon slots, frame slots and potatoes if you have any to spare.

Ah! This was posted on the 8th and I totally missed it.

DERebecca said:
The Dojo System brought with it the unlimited growth of clans, a problem we’ve known has needed solving for a while. The resources did not tier based on clan size, which has been an issue since day one.

Continued growth will create additional technical issues (Consider the scenario of a 7000 person clan all being on at the same time, that is 7000 unique connections hitting the game server and each other all at the same time). A lot of highly-populated clans have attested to contact list and matchmaking issues, a problem that will only get worse with unlimited clan growth. Furthermore, complications emerge in events like this weekend’s when we want to have fair competition.

We are implementing something to fix all of this soon. The solution we have creates a new system: Alliances (Coming Soon!). Alliances have unbounded growth with no technical issues. Alliances can have an infinite numbers of Clans. Clans will be divided up by size and can have up to 1000 members.

The different sized tiers will be as follows:

Shadow Clan (up to 10)
Mountain Clan (up to 100)
Moon Clan (up to 1000)

Resources required to build Dojo components will multiply by 10 with each tier (i.e. A Shadow Clan needs 1 Ferite, Mountain Clan needs 10 Ferite, Moon Clan needs 100 Ferite.) You can increase your tier by building a larger Clan Hall.

If you are in a current clan with over 1000, you will be split up into separate units of up to 1000; the choice is up to the clan members which unit they join. The original Warlord of the clan will be the founder of the Alliance, and all split-clans can join the Alliance if they choose to remain a whole like-minded and goal-oriented unit.

If your clan is affected by this (presently 13 clans have more than 1000 members, and of these 13, 3 will have to create more than 2 Clans), your Dojo will be copied for your new Clan so no work on your original Dojo is lost.

TL;DR? Clan size tiers coming, three tiers of clans will exist. Resources will scale per tier. Current clans with 1000 + members will be the first to form “Allainces”, a new system to allow unbounded growth. All Coming Soon!
[Link]

Just a while longer! Kind of wish there were more clan tiers, though. We have so many people in the clan who don't really play and a long pending list (which adds to clan count). Wouldn't mind trimming a few people to get in a 50 player tier or something to help those of us who actually play a bit more. /rant

Any who, really can't wait to start our Dojo finally. The only thing is that she failed to mention Forma costs in that post...

Ah! This was posted on the 8th and I totally missed it.

[Link]

Just a while longer! Kind of wish there were more clan tiers, though. We have so many people in the clan who don't really play and a long pending list (which adds to clan count). Wouldn't mind trimming a few people to get in a 50 player tier or something to help those of us who actually play a bit more. /rant

Any who, really can't wait to start our Dojo finally. The only thing is that she failed to mention Forma costs in that post...

Move in the right direction but I think those tiers need to be changed a bit. Maybe the first should be 50, then 200 and 1000.

Also, I was wondering if the steam sale affecting Warframe, turns out, all the packs on Steam are 50% off. Now I'm tempted to get the starter pack ($20 for 500 plat, 100k cred, 6 random common, 4 random rare, affinity booster, credit booster)

You get a hell of a lot more from buying the $20 starting pack on sale off Steam than you would becoming a Founder off Warframe's site, lol.

You get a hell of a lot more from buying the $20 starting pack on sale off Steam than you would becoming a Founder off Warframe's site, lol.

Yeah, too bad I just got the 20% off yesterday and got the 570plat pack for $24, if I'd known I woulda just waited. Though since this runs til the 22nd I have some time to decide, who knows, maybe itll go down a lil further.

I bought the $20 founders a loooong time ago. That 370 plat has lasted me just as long, and I still have 83 plat left. This starter pack is very tempting... Or for $30 I can upgrade my founders and get the 480 plat + Excal prime...

Pffffffffffffffft!

wsippel

Banned
The Steam sale is tempting, but knowing my luck, I'll only get shit mods and I don't need the affinity booster as all my equipment is already at 30, or very close to 30, and I don't yet have the mastery or blueprints for stuff I really want. And 100k is pretty meh as well. If they threw in a couple of potatoes (it's a "starter" kit - should include a reactor and three catalysts) and maybe some Forma, the whole thing would be even more tempting. Farming mods and money is fun, or a byproduct of having fun - farming Forma and potatoes is not. Because at the end of the day, those things feel like consumables to me, even if the effect is permanent.

"Hours away." ~8 hrs ago

Why do you toy with my heart, DE :'(

Uh we're downloading Update 9 right NOW :D

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/77575-update-9-vors-revenge/

ADDITIONS:

• Design Council Warframe – “Nova”
  • Orokin Void Map expansion (with Mobile Defense, Defense, and Capture!) with 5 new Prime weapons to be found (Bronco, Fang, Paris, Braton, Orthos)
  • Captain Vor Boss Battle (drops rare “Seer” scoped pistol blueprints)
  • New Sentinel Attachments – Jet Wings, Koi tail, Mechhead mask
  • Dojo Statues have Arrived! Explore 12 new placeable decorations for your dojo (Plus, coming soon, +2 more decos for top ranked clans from Fusion MOA and Snipetron event)
  • New Weapon – Grineer Shotgun “Sobek”
  • New Weapon – Tenno Throwing stars “Hikou”
  • New Clan Research Weapon – Corpus Pistol “Spectra”
  • Added first phases of Lore UI (click your in-game profile and look for the tab!)
  • Grineer Galleon Map Expansion (now supporting Mobile Defense, Spy, Deception, Capture)
  • Series II Warframe Alt Helmets: 14 new Warframe Helmets (1 for each Warframe including NOVA)
  • Avatar packs for all Season II helmets.
  • Clan & Dojo Management Improvements (MotD, Clan size restrictions)
  • New star map functionality with Cinematic dioramas.
  • Aura mod system is here! The Artifacts system has transformed into a new system and has merged with the Aresnal UI. The new “Auras” can be fused just like mods, and they have their own slot! Auras are powerful, but also come at a cost to equip.
  • 12x new Mods: Faction "Bane" (melee, pistol, shotgun, rifle)
  • Nightmare Game Mode. Are you tough enough to survive Nightmare mode?
  • 10x Dual Stat Mods rewards (awarded in “Nightmare” game mode challenges only)
  • Sneak preview of new UI in the Foundry!
  • New Boss on Europa! Look out for the Corpus Raptor!
  • New Tutorial added, look out for Captain Vor!
  • New Infested Ancient enemy has appeared in the solar system, be alert.
  • New color picker for the French Holiday!
  • Clan Emblems have been added as an option to the game. Warlords, check the www.warframe.com/user/page!
  • New Resource and Credit bundle options added to the Market.

CHANGES:
  • Enabled Clan size caps. This cap is Phase One of making the shift to the new Alliance System. With this change also comes the new scaled resourced per Clan Tier . Please see this post to see where you and your clan fit in: https://forums.warfr...an-caps-coming/
  • Added toggle for “gore” in Options Menu. Gore enabled by default.
  • Added friendly system message in EU Region Global chat reminding players to “take a break” every hour they play.
  • Changed a variety of blueprint recipes in the Marketplace.
  • Refined the tint options on the Burston, Viper, Gram, Furis, Afuris, Dera, Furax, and Boltor.
  • Revisions to Snipetron Vandal sounds.
  • Mobile Defense: Adjusted number of active enemies allowed during defense stages - more for solo & increase numbers slightly in stage 2 & 3 to make them more epic.
  • Enemies will storm the defense targets, which makes them much more aggressive towards it.
  • Improved sprint animations for throwing weapons movement set.
  • Prevent players from entering missions once a build update has been detected.
  • Improved color tinting on Ash’s smoke armband—more subtle.
  • Mobile Defense – Release lockdown when going into a defense wave. NPC’s abort running to panic button during defense wave.
  • Weapon skins selector now supports displaying more than 7 skins.
  • Added arrow trail to Dread projectiles.
  • Show Squad count when hovering over nodes.
  • Disabled mantle/wall run on decorative trees to prevent players from getting stuck in them.
  • Burston - damage and fire rate buff.
  • Dera - projectile speed increased (doubled flight speed).
  • Flux Rifle – damage and fire rate buff.
  • Lanka – damage and damage type (serrated) buff.
  • True Steel mod buff (doubled).
  • Pressure Point mod buff (20% base).
  • Reaper Prime buff – a bit more speed, damage, and charge damage.
  • Shield Lancers now use Grineer Viper instead of Tenno weapon.
  • Sniper Mods can now be applied to Lanka
  • Increased the drop rate for Control Modules, Alloy Plate, Neural Sensors, and Gallium.

FIXES:
  • Fixed Acrid DOT numbers not showing up on capture target, and death affect not replicating.
  • Fixed a case where exterminate missions could be left with non-zero enemy remaining count, but no enemies would spawn.
  • Fixed Rhino's Iron Skin being removed by other players causing damage to it.
  • Fixed ability effects for Nyx to be consistent on host/client both in terms of what is created and what colour it is.
  • Fixed Rescue mission from being completed without freeing the prisoner.
  • Fixed some reported navigation and cover issues AI were having in Grineer Defense.
  • Fixed Volt’s Speed ability not making you jog faster.
  • Fixed player sliding issues.
  • Fixed host migration issue in Grineer Galleon Sabotage where the target would be missing after migration.
  • Fixed health regeneration in PvP dueling.
  • Fixes to prevent objective related triggers being re-enabled after host migration.
  • Fixed Volt’s Shock ability to chain properly off turrets and cameras.
  • Fixed Supra - shots from the Supra will now correctly line up with the target reticule.
  • Fixed weapon attachments (Kunai/Despair holsters) that would detach from player while using a sniper rifle.
  • Fixed/removed off-hand flashlight when using Despair.
  • Fixed Capture target hostage AI not following player after host migration.
  • Fixed icon for default Frost helmet.
  • Fixed issue where Bladestorm would get “stuck” on clients.
  • Fixed various reported level issues (clipping, AI nav, level holes).
  • Various crash fixes.

wsippel

Banned
Good god, that will take a while. Pretty substantial update though!

EDIT: Our dojo will probably need an energy weapon research lab.

EDIT2: Holy shit, Orthos Prime! That sounds like something worth farming!

Holy crap, ton of the farming places got their lvls buffed, seems like material locations are being moved around as well

Not a fan of being able to buy materials/credits from the market however

Will check it out once I get back from work. Should be able to dump some ressources into that.

I got the first hallway. It was so cheap I just went ahead and funded the whole thing myself, lol.

Yeah... I find that to be extremely money grabby, or however you put it. I know it's F2P and devs need to make their money, but it just... irks me.

demolitio

I just got my first key for a tower raid and since it's the first time, I'll ask is it better to go in there with friends? Is it too late if I hit use but didn't start the map?

I imagine it's better to go through with friends/clanmates and I didn't mean to actually use it but was just hoping to find some info on it ingame. That's what I get for playing while sedated...

Please help my drugged up ass and let me know if it's same to quit the game or not. I'm not sure if it's the type of mission that I can solo.

Edit: Also, why am I ranked "Leader" in the clan? I would gladly give that up. I haven't played in a while but now I'm getting back into it but I never know when the next wave of medical shit will hit me with another surgery coming in the future so if rank matters to people, then I should probably give it up. Otherwise, bend your knees assholes and respect your nobles by getting on and helping me in this damn void. Have I mentioned I was sedated? I'll share the pills if you share your skills...In the VOID!

Flipyap

Yeah... I find that to be extremely money grabby, or however you put it. I know it's F2P and devs need to make their money, but it just... irks me.
That's among the least scumbaggy F2P things they've done so far. It's perfectly fair as long as they don't remove free resources. It's seriously no different from offering weapons and frames for sale.
I say, let people waste money on fairy dust if they choose to, as long as you don't make the game shittier for everyone else.

Looks like they patched the drops last night, got a decent amount of morphic, enough for me to make a gliave and despair at least :) before logging for the night

also for those needing plat, DunderHassan on the B/S/T thread can get you the steam starter pack for $12

I just got my first key for a tower raid and since it's the first time, I'll ask is it better to go in there with friends? Is it too late if I hit use but didn't start the map?

I imagine it's better to go through with friends/clanmates and I didn't mean to actually use it but was just hoping to find some info on it ingame. That's what I get for playing while sedated...

Please help my drugged up ass and let me know if it's same to quit the game or not. I'm not sure if it's the type of mission that I can solo.

Edit: Also, why am I ranked "Leader" in the clan? I would gladly give that up. I haven't played in a while but now I'm getting back into it but I never know when the next wave of medical shit will hit me with another surgery coming in the future so if rank matters to people, then I should probably give it up. Otherwise, bend your knees assholes and respect your nobles by getting on and helping me in this damn void. Have I mentioned I was sedated? I'll share the pills if you share your skills...In the VOID!

Everything's better with friends! And the key won't be consumed until the mission is completed.

demolitio

Everything's better with friends! And the key won't be consumed until the mission is completed.

Thank God. I found that out the hard way last night after dying right near the end of the mission. Luckily, I did my research and knew SOME of the hiding places for the goodies but still nowhere near all of it nor was it easy to do.

Maybe I can find someone in the clan online tonight that can run through with me since I'm still a little rusty. Ingame name is the same as on here.

Is the loot (besides the weapon upgrade drops) shared for the most part or will I be in trouble by bringing a friend? I was enjoying all the credits and goodies I was picking up which is why I was pissed that I died right near the end.

Thank God. I found that out the hard way last night after dying right near the end of the mission. Luckily, I did my research and knew SOME of the hiding places for the goodies but still nowhere near all of it nor was it easy to do.

Maybe I can find someone in the clan online tonight that can run through with me since I'm still a little rusty. Ingame name is the same as on here.

Is the loot (besides the weapon upgrade drops) shared for the most part or will I be in trouble by bringing a friend? I was enjoying all the credits and goodies I was picking up which is why I was pissed that I died right near the end.

We've been having plenty of active players on lately, I'm sure anyone would go to the void with ya. As for loot, nothing is shared except for credits. Every player must individually pick up materials and mods.

Also! Because I'm never happy, here's my new dojo plan:

dxNgbEs.png

Thoughts?

We've been having plenty of active players on lately, I'm sure anyone would go to the void with ya. As for loot, nothing is shared except for credits. Every player must individually pick up materials and mods.

dxNgbEs.png

Thoughts?

Looks great, lemme know if you need any donations, I'd be happy to help

wsippel

Banned

dxNgbEs.png

Thoughts?
Dueling and the obstacle course shouldn't be at opposite ends I think. They're both recreational areas after all. And you should probably try to avoid dead ends.

EDIT: My suggestion: Add another + where the dueling hall is, put the two reactors from the lower floor there. Leaves room for future expansions. Move the elevators right next to the main hall, then a + with dueling (north), obstacle course (south) and great hall (east). Labs as planned, but on the lower floor. Those can be on a different level because they're not going to get accessed all that often. Again using + hallways to allow for future exansions, of course.

Hmmm! Great input Wsippel! I'll play around with the setup on the right side. Unfortunately though, we've already started building the Dueling room and there's no way to cancel it that I saw. I put it close to the main hall 'cause I'd figured people would pop in and make a quick run to duel.

While playing around the layout around I ran into one important question.

Do we want to be a Shadow Clan (30 player cap) or a Storm Clan (100 player cap)?

Right now we're in the 70 members range, but really maybe only 10 actually play. I don't want to make our clan support 100 players when over half don't play and place a burden on those that do by making the crafting costs of building dojo parts more expensive.

The way I see it, there's three options for us.

One, I kick inactive players and everyone who's still pending to lower us under 30. Then we simply build a Greater Hall at a later time and to expand us to the 100 player cap, when/if the occasion ever rises.

Two, I kick inactive players and everyone who's still pending to lower us under 30. Other GAFfers can make another smaller clan and form an Alliance with us when that becomes possible.

Three, we bite the bullet and carry the dead weight in construction costs after we build the Greater Hall and become a 100 player clan.

Seeing as it costs Forma to make everything, my vote is to kick inactives (over 2 month, maybe 1?) and pendings, and if people want to play again just ask for a reinvite later since we can toss an invite to someone without them physically having to be online. Seems like the most logical way to handle this and minimize our building costs so that we can benefit anyone who's interested. Heck we could list out everyone we've kicked out in an excel sheet or something so that we can reinvite ppl after our main buildings are done :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom