• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

How do/will I know when the Gaf clan needs something?
If you drill down into the clan dojo on your star map, you should see a bunch of notifications about the clan on the right hand side. Stuff like research that's been started or completed, and if projects need materials for research.

Or, well, ask somebody in the clan ;p

VandalD

How do/will I know when the Gaf clan needs something?

aka: How can I contribute to the clan's dojo?
Keep an eye out for updates to the game. When new weapons are added, at least one of them is usually put in the dojo as a research project in one of the labs. That's when you can contribute resources.

MastAndo

Gold Member
I foresee I'll only be on for a few hours every few days, so should I still join a clan? Are there contribution requirements?

VandalD

I foresee I'll only be on for a few hours every few days, so should I still join a clan? Are there contribution requirements?
I can't speak for the PS4 clan, but I'd imagine they'd be fine with that. Contributions likely aren't required since veterans accumulate a ton of resources. And you only benefit from being in a clan, since you'll have people to ask questions of and group with in game, and you can also get more weapon and frame blueprints from the dojo labs.

arimanius

I just unlocked void relic refinements. Is it best to wait and refine the relics before I use them or is that just a waste of resource?

They're probably really busy with the huge update right now. Did you get the other Twitch rewards? Or are they all missing as weel.
Everything is missing. The first ticket I submitted was answered quickly but they told me I submitted it wrong since it was under pc instead of PS4.
I can’t wait to get back home and get on Warframe.

D2 is ditched. Waste of time.
I’m seeing so many people do this now, myself included, I wonder why so many are coming from destiny 2.

I’m seeing so many people do this now, myself included, I wonder why so many are coming from destiny 2.

Destiny 2 ran out of content recently for people who are hardcore about it. They need something else to play til the expansion.
Or they're just completely done with it for good. This seems to be the closest thing to it currently.

frizby

Well, now that I know ciphers exist I beat that spy mission pretty easily. The market is so messy that I didn't thoroughly look through it because it seemed like everything costs platinum.

Anyone know where I can farm plastids? I looked online and out of the planets available to me it seems in supposed to farm phobos. But is there a specific mission or specific types of containers in the levels that have them? They didn't specify.

Most stuff is available for platinum, but if you click on an item, there's often a blueprint for sale as well...for credits.

Every planet has four resources that drop there, potentially from every enemy and every container. If you're just farming for resources, I always suggest defenses or interceptions since everything is contained on a smaller map and the team is forced to stay together.
But the better way to go is to multitask whenever you can, so if you're running Phobos for plastids, just open all the nodes while you're doing it.

And definitely build a sentinel if you haven't already, so you can vacuum resources up.

And definitely build a sentinel if you haven't already, so you can vacuum resources up.
When you get your first Sentinel you'll honestly wonder how you ever managed without it. A sentinel with vacuum is the ultimate Quality of Life improvement. You'll easily triple your usual total resource pickups, if not more.

In Diablo terms it basically maxes your gold pickup radius, only it applies to everything - ammo, mods, resources, the works. It keeps you moving too, rather than having to stop at every crate - you can shoot them while on the move and the Sentinel will pull it all in for you.

I maxed out thief's wit and vacuum on my Taxon. It made a ton of difference.
Thief's WIt is so good, especially in the early going while you're still coming to terms with all the different tilesets. Run a mission solo like an Exterminate, and try to grab every bit of loot that pops up in your radar before extracting. Guaranteed you'll find whole new areas and nooks and crannies you never knew existed.

And that tileset knowledge will come in handy if you're ever looking for stealthy alternative paths or when hunting for hidden caches that Thief's Wit can't detect. And you just might find some other mysterious stuff while you're at it.

arimanius

When you get your first Sentinel you'll honestly wonder how you ever managed without it. A sentinel with vacuum is the ultimate Quality of Life improvement. You'll easily triple your usual total resource pickups, if not more.

In Diablo terms it basically maxes your gold pickup radius, only it applies to everything - ammo, mods, resources, the works. It keeps you moving too, rather than having to stop at every crate - you can shoot them while on the move and the Sentinel will pull it all in for you.

I got my first Sentinel last night and you aren't kidding. It's a game changer.

Hystzen

Why does everyone say Mag is rubbish i had her from start with no issues granted im just finishing Mars but i can run void fissures fine and her Crush move is amazing fun to wipe out groups.

frizby

Why does everyone say Mag is rubbish i had her from start with no issues granted im just finishing Mars but i can run void fissures fine and her Crush move is amazing fun to wipe out groups.

Mag is OK and definitely better after her rework last year.

But like most frames that aren't CC based, she's fun in low level stuff, but her powers hit a wall as things ramp up. Crush fades off especially early, but the combo of Magnetize and Polarlize goes quite a bit further.

What's a warframe I can farm for early on in the game? I'm stuck on Jupiter for 8 hours til I create a specter.
Can I get Ivara parts from doing any spy missions over and over or specific ones?

What's a warframe I can farm for early on in the game? I'm stuck on Jupiter for 8 hours til I create a specter.
Can I get Ivara parts from doing any spy missions over and over or specific ones?
Will always say Rhino is a great one to get, and the components can be acquired on Venus.
Just a solid, tanky frame which is damn near always useful.

Ivara is tough - you have to do a lot of early planet Spy missions for one component, mid planet Spy missions for another component, and outer planet Spy missions for the other. Took me a while to get, but I really learned to enjoy Spy missions in the process. Its RNG so you may have better luck than me, but pace yourself to avoid burning out. She's worth it though, her kit is deceptively useful and inventive.

IvorB

So, the recent thread and upcoming open world thing got me to download this again. Nice to see all my stuff is pretty much as I left it :). Game is as fun as ever and I really like the changes they've made, especially to how you access the void. The keys thing was annoying.

Any chance I can get re-invited to the clan? PSN is Ivor_Biguns.

Edit: Thanks, Frizby!

frizby

So, the recent thread and upcoming open world thing got me to download this again. Nice to see all my stuff is pretty much as I left it :). Game is as fun as ever and I really like the changes they've made, especially to how you access the void. The keys thing was annoying.

Any chance I can get re-invited to the clan? PSN is Ivor_Biguns.

Edit: Thanks, Frizby!

;)

np.

Welcome back!

Hystzen

Mag is OK and definitely better after her rework last year.

But like most frames that aren't CC based, she's fun in low level stuff, but her powers hit a wall as things ramp up. Crush fades off especially early, but the combo of Magnetize and Polarlize goes quite a bit further.

I assumed the warframe would get useless as goes on did a void fissure excavation with Corpus we got to them spawning lvl 38 enemies and noticed my abilities started to weaken massively.

Whats the next Warframe to aim for thats different to use i have no interest in a tanky Rhino I prefer playing something different and what most people dont use

frizby

Whats the next Warframe to aim for thats different to use i have no interest in a tanky Rhino I prefer playing something different and what most people dont use

Tons of options really, but bear in mind that vets suggest Rhino for a reason. Few of us use him anymore, but all of us recognize his value in the early game. He's a little bit tanky, but truly, it's his crowd control from stomp and his buff for your early weak guns that makes him so viable, and you can put together a functional build without an Orokin Reactor on him. Loki's the only other one that comes to mind where that applies.

Maybe grab Volt or Nehza in the dojo if you're dead set on somebody else...or Ember on Saturn...or Valkyr on Jupiter. But be prepared for some frustration as you solo your way through a bunch of upper planet nodes.

High punch through weapon with hitscan can take it out while it spawns so that it nukes itself.

Ah that makes sense. People either take it down quickly or they just don't at all. I've had to leave that mission several times because people can't take down raptor even once and it's tough as hell to do it solo.

Everything is missing. The first ticket I submitted was answered quickly but they told me I submitted it wrong since it was under pc instead of PS4.

For me personally, I’ve bought the season pass so i’ll dip into it when the DLC’s hit but I’m just super disappointed that they basically reverted back to square one with changes that they made.

It’s like they learned nothing.

Plus, I started to really enjoy Warframe before D2’s launch and im super hyped for the new release!

I actually need to jump back into The Division too and see how that is.

IvorB

I really want to use a Guandao but I don't have a stance mode for it and it seems like they are super rare. It sucks. Anyone know where I can reliably get a pole arm stance mod?

Phionoxx

I maxed out thief's wit and vacuum on my Taxon. It made a ton of difference.

I just got my first sentinel last night. Looked at fusing the vacuum mod for it, but it was only showing me that the drain was going to increase with no range bonus or increase.

Is there a different base mod that has a higher vacuum range, or do you need to do fusion?

Also if I could get an invite to the clan I would appreciate it, PSN is Bonecrunk. Thanks!

I've never played this game, and only recently became aware of it.

How would the experience be for me as a new player starting today, in late 2017? Would it be like Destiny 1 whereby I have to play through a bunch of boring single-player missions to get to the end game?

What makes this game fun for you guys?

Thank you

I just got my first sentinel last night. Looked at fusing the vacuum mod for it, but it was only showing me that the drain was going to increase with no range bonus or increase.

Is there a different base mod that has a higher vacuum range, or do you need to do fusion?

Also if I could get an invite to the clan I would appreciate it, PSN is Bonecrunk. Thanks!

You need to upgrade vacuum to more radious, yes

I've never played this game, and only recently became aware of it.

How would the experience be for me as a new player starting today, in late 2017? Would it be like Destiny 1 whereby I have to play through a bunch of boring single-player missions to get to the end game?

What makes this game fun for you guys?

Thank you

Right, now the game is in good shape to dive and play the game, still is not as accesible as Destiny in terms of what to do or what to buy, thats where the Clan enter so you can ask clan members advice and what to build.

The missions are simple with different gametypeseach mission, adventure mode is on your codex and ask you to clear planets junctions to unlock them then you can play them.

Once you reach Lv 20 on you warframe you are technically capable of doing endgame content but its locked behind several key missions. so if you want to fully unlock end game you have to complete Sedna , Lua , Earth and Uranus missions which would require a decent amount of investment to reach thoses planets.

Right, now the game is in good shape to dive and play the game, still is not as accesible as Destiny in terms of what to do or what to buy, thats where the Clan enter so you can ask clan members advice and what to build.

The missions are simple with different gametypeseach mission, adventure mode is on your codex and ask you to clear planets junctions to unlock them then you can play them.

Once you reach Lv 20 on you warframe you are technically capable of doing endgame content but its locked behind several key missions. so if you want to fully unlock end game you have to complete Sedna , Lua , Earth and Uranus missions which would require a decent amount of investment to reach thoses planets.

Thanks

Do you recommend me to invest that time? Is the end game worth it? Do you think the game will be supported for years to come with great content?

Thanks

Do you recommend me to invest that time? Is the end game worth it? Do you think the game will be supported for years to come with great content?

The game is worth its time if you like upgrade stuff, customize your gear and play with your new toys.

The grinding is real, long and can be tedious depending of what are you looking for, there are some Frame (specially the new frames) pieces that drop on specific story modes which are narrated and have a cool backstory or gametypes which can be long and boring or requires a certain key you have to farm material to craft, get the key for a chance of one piece then you have to far more material for the same key or weapons that requires certain materials that drops low for the sake of grinding.

The endgame is mmmm varies depending of the person, I found endgame on Sorties which are high level dailies , Raids and Invasions for materials to craft. then I play other games since you can do those activities quick.

The game is ALWAYS supported, there are new weapons sets, new frames, new prime frames, new enemies, new zones, new missions , new random stuff and fancreated content like Steam for your warframes. Warfame will be here for a while at least on this gen

If you feel burnt out, you can leave the game, thats it, there is no disadvantage if you leave the game for long periods of time.

Tabby

Can you buy or create attachments and syandana or is that something you have to pay for with real money?
Those you have to buy with plat, though you can just trade with other players for plat so you don’t ever really have to spend real money.
The exception is Baro who comes every 2 weeks with exclusive goodies, those don’t cost real money.

frizby

Just fuse vacuum up.

Clan invite sent, and welcome!

frizby

I really want to use a Guandao but I don't have a stance mode for it and it seems like they are super rare. It sucks. Anyone know where I can reliably get a pole arm stance mod?

Shimmering Blight is the right polarity. Dropped by all varieties of Grineer Seekers. Any mid to high level Grineer defense or survival should be good...or ask in the clan chat. I'll give you one if you catch me online.

Phionoxx

Just fuse vacuum up.

Clan invite sent, and welcome!

Thanks again for all of your help! Will really give me a head start. Have about 6 things crafting now after getting all of those mats.

And it was fun seeing the high level Ember and Nekros! Vastly different than Frost and Excalibur.

EDIT: Wow, this post is now edited!

frizby

Thanks again for all of your help! Will really give me a head start. Have about 6 things crafting now after getting all of those mats.

And it was fun seeing the high level Ember and Nekros! Vastly different than Frost and Excalibur.

No worries. Happy to help! Will have to mic up and give you a few tips next time. The first tip is to only spend your starter and PS+ platinum on Warframe slots. Just buy them now before you're tempted to get something else.

Nekros generates extra resources and is fairly underused and underrated, because he scales really well into high level content. Ember can't go as far as Nekros, but she can go pretty far, and she's a walking genocide. As far as them being vastly different, I think the devs did (and continue to do) a pretty great job of designing 30+ frames that all feel and play differently.

MrDaravon

Getting back into this now after running through Destiny 2, Yakuza and a couple of other games. This game is obtuse as fuck in many ways but even though I only put maybe 20 hours into it a couple of months ago it still put a smile on my face booting it up. Now the problem is remembering how to do anything haha. This is where I'm currently at:

MR4
Frames: Excalibur is maxed, I've got Frost prime at 18
Weapons: MK1-Braton, Lato, Skana are maxed, Braton at 27, MK1-Kunai at 20, Chronos at 20, MK1-Furax at 13, and Scindo Prime/Soma Prime/Glaive/MK1-Paris at all at 0.
Sentinels: Artax is maxed, Taxon at 28

I have gear blueprints for: Akzani, Boar, Furis, Heat Sword, Boltor and Fragor

Frame-wise I have the Rhino blueprint and all of the pieces except the Rhino Systems which I need Plastids for (I'm at 0/600 so I'm guessing I haven't gone to wherever I get that yet), but I also have the Blueprints for the Harrow Chasis, Mag Prime and Trinity Prime Chassis.

Right now progress-wise my current quests are Stolen Dreams and Howl of the Kubrow (so I'm on Mars basically), but I have zero of any of the components to make the Incubator Power Core. So outside of obviously just pushing forward with story stuff and leveling early/crap weapons to get them out of the way is there anything in particular I should be pushing for? Are there any frames that are getting Vaulted soon that I should worry about ASAP or anything like that?

Hystzen

Tons of options really, but bear in mind that vets suggest Rhino for a reason. Few of us use him anymore, but all of us recognize his value in the early game. He's a little bit tanky, but truly, it's his crowd control from stomp and his buff for your early weak guns that makes him so viable, and you can put together a functional build without an Orokin Reactor on him. Loki's the only other one that comes to mind where that applies.

Maybe grab Volt or Nehza in the dojo if you're dead set on somebody else...or Ember on Saturn...or Valkyr on Jupiter. But be prepared for some frustration as you solo your way through a bunch of upper planet nodes.

Thanks I got one more day for Rhino I just assumed that due to every guide saying get him or frost everyone uses them. Im aiming for Wu Kong which probably people use just love to design and mythology he is based on. Limbo looks cool from what i seen ingame from other players but his requirements seem be a pain to get.

Thanks I got one more day for Rhino I just assumed that due to every guide saying get him or frost everyone uses them. Im aiming for Wu Kong which probably people use just love to design and mythology he is based on. Limbo looks cool from what i seen ingame from other players but his requirements seem be a pain to get.
Limbo is also tricky, and a frame that can be used wrong, in a way that fucks with other players in your cell. I'd save him for later.

arimanius

Kicking myself I didn't try harder to figure this game out when it first came out. Absolutely loving it now. I'm glad the new patch got me to look into the game again.

Kas

Good to see a GAF PS4 group. I started again, and I've had my Ember frame for a while, so I might look into going with either Hydroid or Nekros.

Man the Warframe subreddit can get annoying with the constant Zenurik complaining. I've not once felt crippled without its energy refresh yet people are campaigning to make it available all of the time. The only time energy ever seems to run dry is when I'm stuck solo as Ember in an Interception or Defense, but even then I just click WoF off until I find enough energy orbs, or if I'm against Grineer I find a flame type enemy to let BBQ me for awhile.

Top Bottom