• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe: Plains of Eidolon |OT| Certified Free Range

Ploid 3.0

Starting Warframe again, I only had Loki. I remember trying to farm for one low level weapon to build but never being able to complete it because the areas with the items I needed seemed non soloable and I was confused with the whole planet system.

How hard is it to get other warframes?

Gattsu25

Banned
Starting Warframe again, I only had Loki. I remember trying to farm for one low level weapon to build but never being able to complete it because the areas with the items I needed seemed non soloable and I was confused with the whole planet system.

Many bosses will drop components for specific warframes so you should get by with just repeating "Assassination" missions (e.g. Boss fights) until you have all core components of a warframe.

Build each of the three base pieces (Systems, Chassis, and Neuroptics) and once you have all of those you can build the waframe itself after buying the blueprint off the market with credits.

For a list of the bosses and warframe parts they drop: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/669-boss-locations-special-drops-void-update-12/

Also, as you get deeper in the game you can trade a full set of warframe parts for some platinum. It's a good intro to trading with other players and a good means of earning the platinum currency without spending a dime.

Shifty

Many bosses will drop components for specific warframes so you should get by with just repeating "Assassination" missions (e.g. Boss fights) until you have all four components of a warframe.

You can only get the Chassis, Neuroptics and Systems from boss fights. In most cases you get the main blueprint from the market, or via the arsenal menu.

I tried running Titania on the Plains just for the faster movement with her 4, and even though it is certainly faster than walking, it still feels slow for an archwing mode.

I believe they balanced Plains archwing separately but I feel they need to tune the speed up a bit.

B00TE

Like the incursion events while free roaming, kinda neat. Don't seem too different than the random events you have to do for bounty stages.

Gattsu25

Banned
You can only get the Chassis, Neuroptics and Systems from boss fights. In most cases you get the main blueprint from the market, or via the arsenal menu.

Ohh yeah. :\

Updated.

Sorry, I was up waaaaay too late trying to see if I could resolve a game breaking bug without opening a support ticket (I couldn't...waiting on a response for the ticket) and still a bit tired.

BTW...if anyone has a solution that I didn't mention pls help
I'm near the end of the War Within. I've just gotten the
Transference ability and I need to posses one of these maws to continue along the quest...only nothing happens.

I stun the bad guy and I tap 5 while aiming at various parts of it. Nothing
I stun the bad guy and I hold 5. Nothing
I stun the bad guy and I hold Numpad 5. Nothing
I stun the bad guy and I tap Numpad 5 while aiming at various parts of it. Nothing
I remap the key to Mouse 5 and try both the taps and hold. Nothing
I ALT+F4 out of the game and replay from the checkpoint try again. Nothing
I try everything again with the "Align Attacks to Camera" toggle disabled and again with it re-enabled. Nothing

I'm pretty sure my entire PC save is fucked right now. I *just* did this quest on PS4 last night so I'm aware of what should be happening.

Ugh.

Mupod

If you have amazon prime, link your twitch account to Warframe for a free Frost Prime. Or you can just use a trial. There's a couple free weapons from twitch prime incoming too but they aren't available yet.

Ploid 3.0

Many bosses will drop components for specific warframes so you should get by with just repeating "Assassination" missions (e.g. Boss fights) until you have all core components of a warframe.

Build each of the three base pieces (Systems, Chassis, and Neuroptics) and once you have all of those you can build the waframe itself after buying the clueprint off the market with credits.

For a list of the bosses and warframe parts they drop: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/669-boss-locations-special-drops-void-update-12/

Also, as you get deeper in the game you can trade a full set of warframe parts for some platinum. It's a good intro to trading with other players and a good means of earning the platinum currency without spending a dime.

Thanks for the info.

If you have amazon prime, link your twitch account to Warframe for a free Frost Prime. Or you can just use a trial. There's a couple free weapons from twitch prime incoming too but they aren't available yet.

Thanks! My brother and sister have that, but I'll wait before bothering them with this. I actually like to grind and I'm going to go all in with Loki for a bit to unlock Warframes with boss rushes. Sooner or later Amazon Prime will be required for daily life (everyone has this thing).

Sarcasm

I really need someone who is patient and willing to walk me through on understanding this game.

I played it a looooong time ago. Anyways I don't have a flying gun thing and not a pet. I got my wings made. Thing is I don't know how to make gear, tell if I need new gear, and other important things.

Also this game is missing some hardcore QoL stuff.

Sygma

Guys how the fuck do i get to mars's junction now that the path is locked by Eidolon. I need to get there to have the archwing quest and whatnot but yeah.

Should I go in the plains in order to hope that there's an exit leading to whatever is before the junction ?

Or do I have to do the whooooole turn via the left side on the navigation map ;____;

Sarcasm

Guys how the fuck do i get to mars's junction now that the path is locked by Eidolon. I need to get there to have the archwing quest and whatnot but yeah.

Should I go in the plains in order to hope that there's an exit leading to whatever is before the junction ?

Or do I have to do the whooooole turn via the left side on the navigation map ;____;

Doesn't it go Earth to Mars then to Ceres...

Tabby

I go to do Bounty 5, I extract and I crash.
I go to mine for about 30 minutes, I extract and I crash.

I don’t know man, I’m kinda scared to do anything else.

"Guys how the fuck do i get to mars's junction now that the path is locked by Eidolon. I need to get there to have the archwing quest and whatnot but yeah.

Should I go in the plains in order to hope that there's an exit leading to whatever is before the junction ?"

Go to Cetus and do a bounty in the Plains, I think that will unlock the node and you can continue on.

gattsu

Hmmm. Should I keep playing on PS4? Never got very far and I bought some starter pack a while back. Also I think I redeemed my twitch prime frame to PS4. But PC has this new update right now.

I guess this is the age old debate, right?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I really need someone who is patient and willing to walk me through on understanding this game.

I played it a looooong time ago. Anyways I don't have a flying gun thing and not a pet. I got my wings made.
You'll want to do The Archwing

If you're not sure where to find it, look in your Codex.
4648S81.png

Thing is I don't know how to make gear, tell if I need new gear, and other important things.
You make gear in the Foundry.

Gear is made from Blueprints (BP). You can acquire blueprints from the Market for Credits, from the Dojo if you belong to a clan, and sometimes as a drop off of enemies. BP for Equipment is usually one-use, that is, you can only make one item off of one BP. Blueprints for minor things like Gear (consummables) or keys (quest related stuff) tend to be reusable.

JWiLL

Banned
Thanks for the info.

Thanks! My brother and sister have that, but I'll wait before bothering them with this. I actually like to grind and I'm going to go all in with Loki for a bit to unlock Warframes with boss rushes. Sooner or later Amazon Prime will be required for daily life (everyone has this thing).

Don't wait! The promotion has been going for 3 months and is changing soon.

Frost Prime is arguably the best solo frame in the game and is also vaulted currently (meaning he can't be farmed).

I imagine most people will be reallly busy in PoE for awhile and matchmaking for regular missions could be sparse. Will help to have such a strong solo frame.

thumb

Banned
The experience of being in the plains is wonderful. I love exploring the expanse and sniping the grineer from hundreds of yards away. I love how the light shifts as day turns to night. It's very freeing after being in tight corridors for so long.

Liethe

So I played this for a while some time ago on ps4. Will all my stuff be there still if I go back? PoE isn't like a relaunch or anything?

Also I seem to remember I stopped playing because the game got really damn hard to solo or duo at some point... I dont suppose they eased the difficulty curve during the last year+?

thumb

Banned
So I played this for a while some time ago on ps4. Will all my stuff be there still if I go back? PoE isn't like a relaunch or anything?

Also I seem to remember I stopped playing because the game got really damn hard to solo or duo at some point... I dont suppose they eased the difficulty curve during the last year+?

Not a relaunch. All your stuff will be there. You can solo the entire star chart, including sorties, but you may need to use specific frames, weapons, and mods. PoE's eidolon fights, right now, have yet to be fought solo.

Your account is maintained no matter how long you spend between logins. They have done a few balance passes especially for the new player experience.

B00TE

The experience of being in the plains is wonderful. I love exploring the expanse and sniping the grineer from hundreds of yards away. I love how the light shifts as day turns to night. It's very freeing after being in tight corridors for so long.

Yeah. I went to do an alert real quick and it was kinda jarring going back to the corridors and what not lol.

JWiLL

Banned
Holy optimization.

I saw a few frame drops here and there, but for the most part it was a steady 140fps.This is with everything maxed out at 1440p while streaming at 900p/60fps.

Pretty great work again from DE. It's always amazed me how well it runs with the insane amount of particle effects that can happen.

Liethe

Cool,thanks guys. I had a good few frames built so it would suck to do the building and farming again.. started with Mag, and I think I made Nyx, Ember and Valkyr at least. Was maybe working on saryn? There's probably many new ones now too..

thumb

Banned
Like what, in particular? I'm MR9 now and I have yet to need to touch the mouse outside of initial configuration.

Daily reward still needs to be selected with a mouse, last time I checked. I thought there were a few other edge cases, but I can't recall them at the moment. Could be wrong or out of date.

I tried Cetus for a while last night, it was very weird being able to stay in the area after I had failed one of the bounties, I kept going to the menu to abort it to get out of the area. After a while I was like.. oh shit I can totally do other things in the area besides the bounty :O lol

so I'm having so much lag and UI meltdown that the plains are unplayable.

I can't get objectives markers right in the plain during bounties.

I can't get the HUD to not crash at the first interaction in the plain (so I die quick and can't respawn)

And I didn't know I had to go back to Cestus to validate a bounty so I made a groupe rage quit on me not knowing why.

Izayoi

Banned
Daily reward still needs to be selected with a mouse, last time I checked. I thought there were a few other edge cases, but I can't recall them at the moment. Could be wrong or out of date.
You can claim them with the "A" (or "X") button on your controller.

Shifty

Ohh yeah. :\

Updated.

Sorry, I was up waaaaay too late trying to see if I could resolve a game breaking bug without opening a support ticket (I couldn't...waiting on a response for the ticket) and still a bit tired.

BTW...if anyone has a solution that I didn't mention pls help

The only thing I can think of is maybe having to melee > dash instead of just melee. That part was a bit of a clusterfuck for me so I still don't have a clear idea of how it worked.

manfestival

last time I played warframe for real was right after they introduced the update for the flying missions. in fact I almost stopped because they changed the UI to the space ship and the planets. how screwed am i? I have a ton of arcane helmets I am sure I can bank on for a ton of platinum to make myself warframe rich right?

voodooray

New to Warframe, and enjoying playing with the game. Have a question though about when joined into a party when using navigation to jump into Plains of Eidolon from the Earth map.

How do you leave the party during the free roaming once connected? I press ESC, but I don't get the leave party like after a mission, though I see other members of the group do it, with replacements connecting in their place.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Very nice. Looking forward to it. Will any of the new mechanics like weapon parts and skills spill into the traditional planet based structure?

Gattsu25

Banned
The only thing I can think of is maybe having to melee > dash instead of just melee. That part was a bit of a clusterfuck for me so I still don't have a clear idea of how it worked.

My support ticket was closed. They reset me back to the beginning of the quest line.

The new update is fucking garbage.

And I say this as a massive Warframe fan.

feelsbadman.jpg :(

Huh, what don't you like about it? I like it quite a bit, I think it's a cool foundation that I hope they build off of. It's by no means perfect, but I don't think it's anywhere near garbage either.

thumb

Banned
Huh, what don't you like about it? I like it quite a bit, I think it's a cool foundation that I hope they build off of. It's by no means perfect, but I don't think it's anywhere near garbage either.

Yeah, I'm really having a great time. There are some rough edges that I'm sure the team will be sanding down, but as you say, it's a great foundation.

Nokterian

Same here lots of fun also using warframes abilities in open space is much more fun than in a corridor.

Naite

No idea how good the stats are for high level, but the Astilla shotgun is really fun in my small time using it in the gift from the lotus alert.

Lork

It turns out Warframe's gameplay gains absolutely nothing of value from being set in an open world. There's no reason to explore, nothing interesting to find, and the only meaningful difference between bounties and regular missions is how inconvenient they are (and the massive amount of bugs really exacerbates this). So far I've seen literally nothing to suggest that this entire update wasn't a complete waste of effort.

Edit: Well, other than the attention it has drawn simply by existing, but we'll see if that lasts.

Top Bottom