• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - Official Announcement Trailer

Bullet Club

From the developers of the best-selling and award-winning franchise Vermintide, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is a visceral 4-player co-op action game set in the hive city of Tertium. Fight together with your friends against hordes of enemies in this new Warhammer: 40,000 experience.

Fight together with your friends against hordes of enemies in this new Warhammer 40,000 experience. From the developers of the best-selling and award-winning co-op action franchise Vermintide, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is a visceral 4-player co-op action game set in the hive city of Tertium.

In the depths of the hive, the seeds of corruption threaten an overwhelming tide of darkness. A heretical cult known as the Admonition seeks to seize control of the planet Atoma Prime and lay waste to its inhabitants. It is up to you and your allies in the Inquisition to root out the enemy before the city succumbs to Chaos.

Last edited:
This one pissed me off the most. When I heard "Lord Inquisitor," I thought it was a Star Wars Republic Commando sequel that takes place during the Galactic Civil War. I even thought we were playing as Death Troopers for a second, but nope, its f*****g Warhammer...

Last edited:
A game where you get to play as the Imperial Guard completely in over rhwir heads against a chaos cult, down in the depths of a hive city sounds bloody amazing. Hopefully the Warhammer community dudes here will be up for arranging some games together!

Shai-Tan

Banned
This one pissed me off the most. When I heard "Lord Inquisitor," I thought it was a Star Wars Republic Commando sequel that takes place during the Galactic Civil War. I even thought we were playing as Death Troopers for a second, but nope, its f*****g Warhammer...

This game likely won’t have much story though. It’s a follow on to a Left 4 Dead clone for which Warhammer 40k is a much better setting

Dr_Salt

Only thing that interested me from that awful conference. I love the Vermintide games and I'm sure this one is gonna be great also.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Interested, I wanna get into Warhammer 40k but the lore is so overwhelming

play Dawn of War II maybe or to get a taste just watch all 40k cinematics on youtube including fan ones like Astartes. Could also play Space Marine. If you’re into audiobooks listen to the 4 Eisenhorn books which are basically movie scripts (they are trying to make it into a tv show but I doubt they could do it without a colossal budget)

SCB3

play Dawn of War II maybe or to get a taste just watch all 40k cinematics on youtube including fan ones like Astartes. Could also play Space Marine. If you’re into audiobooks listen to the 4 Eisenhorn books which are basically movie scripts (they are trying to make it into a tv show but I doubt they could do it without a colossal budget)

Funnily enough I own Dawn of War 2 and 3 (2 was actually my second ever Steam game) and Space Marine looks good (but looks to be aged like a bad Gears game) and I own this trilogy, I think its the same one:

Not touched it yet as I've been too into redoing the Halo lore

Shai-Tan

Banned
Yeah it’s that one. The narrator of the audiobooks are pretty good though.

I don’t know how well Space Marine aged but it’s pretty short and not a Gears clone. It just looks like one because Gears (and Starcraft) copied Warhammer with their exaggerated design (and theyre all heavily derivative of Aliens, Dune, loads of other 20th century sci-fi)

edit: from your response though assuming you played Dawn of War I guess you meant going deep into the lore. I personally like it in the background because a lot of the novels that convey it are not great in my opinion but there’s loads of threads online giving advice about where to start

Last edited:

OutRun88

I have a lot of fun with Vermintide but most definitely prefer the 40K universe. I could not be happier with this announcement.

Helios

Interested in the game though it's Fatshark so I'll take it with a grain of salt. They're perfectly capable of making great games but they can't hold promises to save their lives and the time it takes for them to make anything is unbearable. Vermintide 2 is an amazing game but it's also a big missed opportunity. I think that game could've been so much better if they just put some work into it.
I hope there's a single player campaign.
It'll probably be like Vermintide where you can play the game with bots.

Last edited:

As others have said, Eisenhorne is a great jumping on point, but to save money and allow taste of a wider set of the flavours 40K has two offer, I recommend these 2 channels on YouTube:

Holammer

Overwhelming? That's nonsense!
Here's a 42 part series on the Siege of Vraks by Arch.

happy-krieg-noises-39399839.png

mcz117chief

A game where you get to play as the Imperial Guard completely in over rhwir heads against a chaos cult, down in the depths of a hive city sounds bloody amazing. Hopefully the Warhammer community dudes here will be up for arranging some games together!
Yes, sir I will!

Top Bottom