• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide Announced

Lead and gold was a solid multiplayer shooter effort, but the community died out pretty quickly. That's somewhat less of an issue with a L4D style game though..

Well... the netcode left a lot to be desired. We couldn't host the game on our server since the server software they provided was just the game minus display.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Goddammit what do I gotta do to get a game where I play as a warboss? Make the fuckin thing myself? !

Might as well, seeing how the license gets handed out to basically everyone these days.

Haunted

I wanted to make a Left 40k Dead joke, but then I realised it's classic Warhammer, not 40k. Insane how often I make that mistake.

I know the previous games this developer has made aren't really too good, but they are mostly multiplayer-only games, so maybe this will actually be alright. There are so many Warhammer/W40K games being made now, it's great when they aren't games no one wants being made by the cheapest developer possible.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gutter-runners

So its basically a rip-off of this old Half Life 2 mod?

I don't really see any similarities other than the basic theme, which Warhammer had before that mod.

Out second half of 2015 for PC, XB1, PS4. Developed by Fatshark, being independently published. First person, 4 player co-op

Press release

Stockholm, Sweden - February 5th, 2015 – Independent developer Fatshark announced today the development of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide, a co-operative action first person shooter and melee combat adventure set in the End Times of the iconic Warhammer Fantasy universe. Vermintide is scheduled for release in the second half of 2015, for Windows PC, the Xbox One, all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.

In Vermintide, the city of Ubersreik is under siege as players select from a band of five heroes with different play-styles and abilities, all equipped with unique gear and personalities. Working together cooperatively, players must use their individual attributes to survive an apocalyptic invasion from hordes of relentless, power hungry Skaven, across a range of environments stretching from the top of the Magnus Tower to the bowels of the Under Empire.

“Combining gritty combat with cooperative multiplayer action, Vermintide will provide the player with a completely new perspective of the Warhammer Fantasy universe, through the eyes of the heroes they play,” said Martin Wahlund, CEO of Fatshark. “Staying true to the fantasy lore, with familiar foes and locations, we look forward to winning the hearts of enthusiasts and newcomers with this new take on the Warhammer story”.

The time of mortals is ending, and the reign of Chaos draws ever closer. The Dark Gods are at last united in a singular purpose, loosing their madness across the world as never before. In the Empire of Sigmar, Karl Franz's gaze is focused on the incursion of the savage northmen, but it is not the only threat. As the Chaos moon Morrslieb waxes full, shrill voices echo through tunnels gnawed far beneath the Empire's cities, and a Skaven host swarms towards the surface. It emerges first in the city of Ubersreik, a screeching mass that consumes all before it. Soon Ubersreik is a charnel-town, drowning beneath the malevolent shadow of the Horned Rat.

Yet even in the darkest times, there are always champions to light the way. As Ubersreik cowers, five heroes, united by capricious fate, carry the fight to the rat-men. It remains to be seen whether they have the strength to survive, let alone work together long enough to thwart the invaders. One truth, however, is beyond all doubt: should these five fall, then Ubersreik will fall with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiJj3Z6pu9s

bjaelke

I have desperately been needing a good entry in the warhammer universe for some time. Seems that 40k has been getting all the love lately.
the Xbox One, all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program
wonder if they're contractually obliged to state that

Enosh

aw only empire? hoped for elf, dwarf, empire and bretonnia to each have 1 hero and maybe something crazy like lizardmen or undead to be the 5th, I know they are not all BFFs but still ^^

edit: does Skaven eating rats count as cannibalism?

B E N K E

I have desperately been needing a good entry in the warhammer universe for some time. Seems that 40k has been getting all the love lately.

wonder if they're contractually obliged to state that

It's the same for Nintendo and Sony really - but the Microsoft phrasing is more eye-catchingly horrible.

misho8723

Banned
Tlnb.jpg

Ulnb.jpg

Vlnb.jpg

Wlnb.jpg

Xlnb.jpg

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty interesting. Hope it requires a good amount of teamwork alla Left 4 Dead rather than just another co-op game where 4 people just happen to be individually slaughtering hordes of stupid enemies in the same area.

Cautiously optimistic.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
There best be a warrior priest, one of my favourite Warhammer designs.

Pilgrimzero

Love 4D and love Warhammer, I'll be all over this if its good.

Bets on if there will be a Space Marines DLC, add a new playable character! Ultramarine Sgt. Calanidis w/ Bolter and Chainsword!

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Sick, Skaven were my army back in the day.

This is from the studio that made War of the Roses and War of the Vikings, which I had a lot of fun with.

I hope it's good!

Top Bottom