• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 up for game pass members.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Been playing the Beta and when I downloaded the full game a bunch of trophies popped! I haven't had a chance to look yet, but hoping that means my progression carried over to. Can't wait to jump in tonight, game of the year for me so far.

Also, crazy that this is hitting Gamepass a day before actual release.

Last edited:

Calibos

I put about 5 hours in so far. It’s so good that I am kinda speechless that it launched into game pass day one! It’s gorgeous, plays great and is a blast with friends.

I really hope they can continue to grow gamepass to include more day one big games.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

Game continues to be great. Tons of depth and content to keep me.goomg for awhile.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
At this state the game is unplayable. I'm on X and the framerate drops often to low 20.

I went back to pc.

Such a bad idea to privilege 4k over a possible 1080p60fps.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I tried to play yesterday and could not get a game, no error but it could not match make.

Calibos

At this state the game is unplayable. I'm on X and the framerate drops often to low 20.

I went back to pc.

I am on X and while I am feeling some frame drops in a few areas with heavy alpha effects and 50 enemies on screen, the game is very far from unplayable.

But I agree that they should have a performance mode with 1080 60. Maybe they couldn't get there? Or maybe it will come eventually?

Game is a blast with friends!

hiphopcr

At this state the game is unplayable.

giphy.gif

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I am on X and while I am feeling some frame drops in a few areas with heavy alpha effects and 50 enemies on screen, the game is very far from unplayable.

But I agree that they should have a performance mode with 1080 60. Maybe they couldn't get there? Or maybe it will come eventually?

Game is a blast with friends!

Wow ok, I thought my standard were low but if you are alright with 25-30 fps and severe input latency, well continue to have a blast.

I just cant help to think about how efficient players will be doing on higher difficulty with these very poor performance. And then, digital foundry will confirm how bad it is and more people will agree. I don't care to be a black sheep in here.

Hendrick's

I went back to pc.

Game looks and runs great on the X. Sure there are some noticeable framerate dips, but I wouldn't even consider it a problem. I have certainly noticed some laggy games, but those are host/network related and not a performance issue.
I tried to play yesterday and could not get a game, no error but it could not match make.
Never had this issue. What difficulty were you searching on?

Calibos

Wow ok, I thought my standard were low but if you are alright with 25-30 fps and severe input latency, well continue to have a blast.

I just cant help to think about how efficient players will be doing on higher difficulty with these very poor performance. And then, digital foundry will confirm how bad it is and more people will agree. I don't care to be a black sheep in here.

OK. Never mind. I will now hate the game and my console. I will yell from the rooftops to everyone else that the game sucks and not to support it on console. I will be an advocate against console gaming everywhere. Someone save me from this poor performance....concern troll me to death please.

giphy.gif

EDIT: I could be over reacting as usual.

Last edited:

EPICVJ

Neo Member

I get this complaint having played high difficulty runs in vermintide 1 and playing vermintide 2 since launch on pc. the game is simply unplayable on higher difficulty modes like champion. The core element of high level play is avoiding damage, but between the input delays and visual slag its impossible to adjust, however i still like the game and its concept but havent been able to get over said issues, if your a more casual player who dosent mind these issues and hasn't played anything higher than veteran difficulty, more power to you. I've been looking at their reddit and a performance mode for xbox one x looks like its in the pipeline, just further down the road, so ill check it out later once its been implemented.

EBE

The gaming is STUNNING on the X.
Shame about the dodgy performance but it hasn't hurt my enjoyment of the game. I still can't believe this released to gamepass on launch.

The gaming is STUNNING on the X.
Shame about the dodgy performance but it hasn't hurt my enjoyment of the game. I still can't believe this released to gamepass on launch.

Definitely one of the better multiplayer games I've played recently. And yeah, looks awesome on the X! :D

Top Bottom