• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk "Omega Dawn" Screenies + videos, details and impressions (post #226)

Guled

2075633193_767bc2a448.jpg

The map for the new stage.

Guled

Anyone know if the maps will be upgraded for everyone. If so, do you will the dropships be free, or could you only use them in a game were everyone bought the expansion.

Epix

Foil said:
Way to miss the entire point of what he said...
The point being that at $7.99 Incog is fracturing the userbase into people who are willing to spend for the expansion, and people who aren't. I stand by my opinion.

spwolf

Epix said:
The point being that at $7.99 Incog is fracturing the userbase into people who are willing to spend for the expansion, and people who aren't. I stand by my opinion.

thank god shit load of people are playing it then :D

Grayman said:
7.99 eh. and the fracturing begins.

I think eight bucks is a pretty good deal for what you get. I do wonder though how clan matches will work on the expansion maps if everyone in the clan doesn't have the expansion.

*light bulb over head* ok I see what you mean by fracturing.

I don't think this is a bad deal but for 8 bucks I wish we got 2 maps. Still I'll be buying it day one. The maps in this game do have big muscular legs.

Madman

As long as there are dedicated servers hosted by Sony that incorporate the non-booster players, I think it should be just fine.

Madman said:
As long as there are dedicated servers hosted by Sony that incorporate the non-booster players, I think it should be just fine.

I hope that's the case too. It would suck to only have half you're clan in the new maps.

h3ro

I wonder if this will be a share-able download... I know the game wasn't, or at least you weren't able to play the game on another PSN ID but you were able to download and install it...

Before anyone gets in arms over stealing software, I'm just curious and also, Sony put it in their policy that we would be able to do so, while software companies have the right to disallow sharing...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
Wasn't Incog going to incoporate the store in patch 1.2?

Yes, but that doesn't mean shit, apparently (and oddly). Resistance Map Pack 2 was only available on the main PS Store, not on the in-game one.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I guess Omega Dawn is coming pretty soon. Look what I just got :p

6juihzt.jpg

I'm very busy now so I cannot check it out. And god knows how much I'm suffering for this. Will post impressions tomorrow probably, or later today (if I dont fall into a coma).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
It says Blu-ray on the disc itself. :O

If the expansion gets released this Thursday, I'm going to assplode.

Would be nice to give us a summary of Patch 1.2. :)

Patch is 42MB
Omega Down is above 100MB (maybe 140MB)

Yep, couldn't resist and installed it. Oh god when firing from the Dropship the ship turns 90° to shoot from it's side like naval combat. It definetly looks menacing even if it's rather smaller than I though. It's slow, very slow, probably as much as a tank on the ground. Maybe a tad bit faster. Hard to say. Moved around to the 6 cannons on the side. Not cannons actually but missle lunchers I guess they lock on as well. look similar to the green icon warhawk missiles. Camera view gets closer to the ship when you man a turret so that you still see part of the Dropship. More specifically you can see the cannons to your sides meaning when they a manned you see them moving and shooting as well. And it rumbles. Oh god yes. The capture points in Omega dawn map are not flags but like pillar that glows redish when you conquer it.

Sorry guys more impressions later as I need to finish some work.

edit: FUCK WORK!

spwolf

TTP said:
Patch is 42MB

Yep, couldn't resist and installed it. Oh god when firing from the Dropship the ship turns 90° to shoot from it's side like naval combat. It definetly looks menacing even if it's rather smaller than I though. It's slow, very slow, probably as much as a tank on the ground. Maybe a tad bit faster. Hard to say. Moved around to the 6 cannons on the side. Not cannons actually but missle lunchers I guess they lock on as well. look similar to the green icon warhawk missiles. Camera view gets closer to the ship when you man a turret so that you still see part of the Dropship. More specifically you can see the cannons to your sides meaning when they a manned you see them moving and shooting as well. And it rumbles. Oh god yes. The capture points in Omega dawn map are not flags but like pillar that glows redish when you conquer it.

so we might get some dedicated ranked servers in italy again? :D

Sounds pretty awesome? Hows 1.2 patch for other maps? Any noticable differences in general?

glaurung

TTP said:
Patch is 42MB

Awesome edit!

Now SCEE hurry up and release those damn pre-paid cards, PSN Store does not recognize the credit card in my country...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
spwolf said:
so we might get some dedicated ranked servers in italy again? :D

Sounds pretty awesome? Hows 1.2 patch for other maps? Any noticable differences in general?

Not that I noticed. There is just a Dropship instead of one of the usual Warhawks. You can choose between standard maps and "Omega Dawn Version" or something like that.

Maybe they change depending on the modes? I tried team death match and a couple of zones I believe. Anyway, will offer better impressions later.

ChryZ

I played like 60-70h of WH so far and I'm still not sick of it ... and now it's getting even better. I'm so happy :D

I put almost 20 hours in right after release and I've been playing a couple hours a night just recently. At first it felt wrong playing Warhawk when I have a brand new kick ass PC sitting in my office with TF2 ready to go, but Warhawk really has legs :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oh please oh please oh please send Gamersyde some of those wonderful vids your soo good at capturing TTP. :D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
chubigans said:
Oh please oh please oh please send Gamersyde some of those wonderful vids your soo good at capturing TTP. :D
I have to wait for Sony's reply about the embargo whatever happens.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ok, I've spent sime time with Wowhawk and I'm ready to answer your questions. Some Dropship info first.

- The two flight modes are kinda similar in that the both ask you to manouver the beast in hover mode. Let's call them Cruise mode and Combat mode. In Cruise mode you are fairly fast. Not as much as a Warhawk of course, but more than a jeep on the ground. It take some time to get to max speed tho (slow acceleration). In Combat mode, you still hover, but move much much slower and have the 6 cannos out, 3 x side. When using the right stick you can move the crosshair 360° around the Dropship. If you shoot while you are already ponting the crosshairs to one side, the 3 cannons on that side shoot. But if you are pointing forward and shoot, the Dropship kinda drifts in the air so that it rotates 90° and start shooting with side cannons to where you where pointing the creossair.

- Whatever the flight mode, you can pick up tanks or jeeps by just hovering over it and pressing Circle. You release them by pressing Circle as well, You cannot toss them down from the stratosphere. You need to be on a "dismountable" altitude to be allowed to release.

- Now this is interesting. In order to change position within the Dropship, pilot or one of the 6 side turrets (not the aforementioned cannon, there are missile launchers turrets), u have to press Square + D-pad direction as usual BUT you cannot do that mid-air. You have to be close to the ground to move around the ship.

- Missile launchers can rotate 360° as well as almost 90° up and down. They can basically cover the Dropship from enemies coming from whatever direction. Oh god imagine 6 of these acting simultaneously. Turrets cannot be operated if Dropship is in Combat mode (cannons out).

- OMFG is the sound of this beast awesome. It's makes some kind of whom-whom-whom like an alien anti grav engine. And the rhythm of that beat gets faster as u accelerate. It's REALLY scary just to pilot it.

- There are no Chernovan or Eucadian Dropships per se, BUT the livery of the Dropship changes depending on the faction of the pilot on it. It's balck and red when manned by Chernovans. It gets Navy green and brown when manned by Eucadians.

- Hull is very strong. Took 15 Warhawk green missiles and plenty of gun shooting to destroy a parked Dropship.

- Ah, Dropship come equipped with 3 Chaffs. Cannot collect any weapons. Just energy and more chaffs.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Thanks TTP. Do the old maps have different ambient settings now, as it appears in the screenshots? For example, is Badlands that purplish-pink sunset?

Also how is the new map?

Firewire

Banned
TTP said:
Ok, I've spent sime time with Wowhawk and I'm ready to answer your questions. Some Dropship info first.

- The two flight modes are kinda similar in that the both ask you to manouver the beast in hover mode. Let's call them Cruise mode and Combat mode. In Cruise mode you are fairly fast. Not as much as a Warhawk of course, but more than a jeep on the ground. It take some time to get to max speed tho (slow acceleration). In Combat mode, you still hover, but move much much slower and have the 6 cannos out, 3 x side. When using the right stick you can move the crosshair 360° around the Dropship. If you shoot while you are already ponting the crosshairs to one side, the 3 cannons on that side shoot. But if you are pointing forward and shoot, the Dropship kinda drifts in the air so that it rotates 90° and start shooting with side cannons to where you where pointing the creossair.

- Whatever the flight mode, you can pick up tanks or jeeps by just hovering over it and pressing Circle. You release them by pressing Circle as well, You cannot toss them down from the stratosphere. You need to be on a "dismountable" altitude to be allowed to release.

- Now this is interesting. In order to change position within the Dropship, pilot or one of the 6 side turrets (not the aforementioned cannon, there are missile launchers turrets), u have to press Square + D-pad direction as usual BUT you cannot do that mid-air. You have to be close to the ground to move around the ship.

- Missile launchers can rotate 360° as well as almost 90° up and down. They can basically cover the Dropship from enemies coming from whatever direction. Oh god imagine 6 of these acting simultaneously. Turrets cannot be operated if Dropship is in Combat mode (cannons out).

- OMFG is the sound of this beast awesome. It's makes some kind of whom-whom-whom like an alien anti grav engine. And the rhythm of that beat gets faster as u accelerate. It's REALLY scary just to pilot it.

- There are no Chernovan or Eucadian Dropships per se, BUT the livery of the Dropship changes depending on the faction of the pilot on it. It's balck and red when manned by Chernovans. It gets Navy green and brown when manned by Eucadians.

- Hull is very strong. Took 15 Warhawk green missiles and plenty of gun shooting to destroy a parked Dropship.

- Ah, Dropship come equipped with 3 Chaffs. Cannot collect any weapons. Just energy and more chaffs.

Awesome? Have you been able to explore the new map? Can you tell us anything about the buildings? How they are setup inside, size, the amount of levels?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Firewire said:
Awesome? Have you been able to explore the new map? Can you tell us anything about the buildings? How they are setup inside, size, the amount of levels?

It's freaking huge and totally verical in gameplay near the based. Feels like Crackdown when on foot.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
TTP said:

Thanks man! How many tank rounds can the bad boy take to the hull though?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
kenta said:
Thanks TTP. Do the old maps have different ambient settings now, as it appears in the screenshots? For example, is Badlands that purplish-pink sunset?

Nope. Maps are exactly the same as before. Sadly.

Top Bottom