• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk, Twisted Metal, PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, and Sound Shapes PS3 game servers are shutting down soon...

TacosNSalsa

fpCdZDl.png

I'm actually surprised that these games stayed on as long as they did ..we are nearing that time where games are going to start dropping off ...sucks for those that still play them .

Aintitcool

Banned
Starhawk failed because sony wanted a single player component. Nobody is going to miss all stars, warhawk is one of the first PSN games, it lived legendarily long RIP.

RavageX

Warhawk was the first online multiplayer game I stuck with for a long time. It was simple to play, but you had to work to get good at it. If I remember though, the dlc wasn't too great...

Vawn

Banned
Waiting to hear from people who haven't turned their PS3 on in several years (or never owned one in the first place) who are outraged over this announcement.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sony just wants to bury PS3 software asap. Lots and lots of issues supporting it, they would rather not keeping it around causing bugs later.

It's more so they want to disconnect the PS3 from the new PSN ecosystem. moving forward. But I think we're kind of saying a similar thing, so they don't have to keep supporting "the old way" on the new way forward infastructure.

I noticed firmware 6.50 Early Access invites went out today. Possible name changes going live, maybe?

Last edited:
Top Bottom