• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros. cancels Arkham Origins DLC for Wii U, Nintendo sending refunds.

BY2K

Membero Americo
From GoNintendo.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=221453

Thanks so much for your support of Batman: Arkham Origins on Wii U.

We are contacting you today because you purchased the Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass for Wii U. We hope you’ve been enjoying the content that has been delivered thus far. Based on demand for Downloadable Content on the system, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has made the decision to remove its offering of the upcoming new story campaign for Wii U. As a result, we will be crediting the entire $19.99+tax cost of the Season Pass back to your Nintendo eShop account. You will still be able to enjoy the content already released thus far.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support of the game.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.

Eknots

Sad-Cat-8.jpg
Sucks that this is happening, wasn't arkham origins a big game for wii-u?

you know it is bad when a company doesn't think it is even worth milking their customers for more money.

They don't think they would make enough to cover the costs

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You know the situation is bad when publishers won't even bother releasing DLC that's been paid for for already released games.

just fucking ridiculous.

Are WiiU sales really THAT bad for 3rd party games? What a mess this system has become. It's so weird because there's a ton of great stuff to play on it..

sphagnum

Banned
just fucking ridiculous.

Are WiiU sales really THAT bad for 3rd party games? What a mess this system has become. It's so weird because there's a ton of great stuff to play on it..

ACIV and Ghosts sold something like 1% of their total on Wii U or something crazy like that. It's pretty terrible.

icy_eagle

Welp

It's because of stuff like this that I wanted Iwata to say something, ANYTHING, at the investor's meeting about having a plan for dealing with their 3rd party situation. But nope, "Wii U will rebound, and 3rd party devs will follow." Just.... ugh

AzaK

Sucks balls for those who bought it :( I didn't buy the pass but it was the first recent Batman game I played and I enjoyed it a lot.....

But it's to be expected really. I'm surprised we haven't heard about WD and CoD.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I can still buy a costume pack or two right? Cripes, I just bought the U version a little over a week ago cause it was $10 less and I didn't care about the online.

Reminds me of when that Prince of Persia DLC never came out for the PC version, I bet that's how WiiU players feel right now, abandoned and alone. At least the PC found its footing again

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Costing WB all of $100, probably. Season Pass sales must have been close to non-existent.

Hip Hop

just fucking ridiculous.

It is really sad, and for that reason, I haven't repurchased a Wii U after selling it.

I really want to, but the 3rd party support is really sad at this point. Not buying a "dead" console until I see a revival.

The Wii U gamepad is seriously one of the best inventions in gaming (although some may not see it that way). The off-TV play feature? crazy to me, it's so good.

Hope they make a turn around, because I want to enjoy this console for a few years to come.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even with the missing MP mode the WII U version was the best console version. I'm not a big fan of the series though.

Nintendo is exiting the video game business at this point. Else, all of their decisions regarding Wii U and everything said about Wii U last night make zero sense.

AzaK

ACIV and Ghosts sold something like 1% of their total on Wii U or something crazy like that. It's pretty terrible.

Well that's about 1/3 of what they should have when you look at relative installed bases so not as bad as people like to make out. But really the ports weren't that amazing and people who like those games likely have one of the other consoles. It's not that people with a Wii U don't like those games which is the excuse always thrown around.

Top Bottom