• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Brothers suspends [new] purchases for PC version of Batman Arkham Knight

wiggleb0t

Banned
Anyone know what and how happened with the supposed WB employee calling out customers?

All I've seen is people sayiong it wasn't true about the parody video, but how do people know it's not the case?

Corpekata

Banned
Anyone know what and how happened with the supposed WB employee calling out customers?

All I've seen is people sayiong it wasn't true about the parody video, but how do people know it's not the case?

We know because his name was incredibly common place and it was an absurd jump to conclusions. It'd be like if someone named Matt Smith acted like a baby about Doctor Who and then people acted like it was the actor himself that said it.

wiggleb0t

Banned
We know because his name was incredibly common place and it was an absurd jump to conclusions. It'd be like if someone named Matt Smith acted like a baby about Doctor Who and then people acted like it was the actor himself that said it.

Well that's some solid detective work. Common name means it can't be said person. The person said they liked 'Disney' and the linked in had mention to employment at disney. Again, very common but was it just ruled that way and based on common name - can't be said person?

Just thought it was very lol if true.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
You guys see this? Not sure if true but it makes sense.

why buying Razer Sabertooth controller? isn't a normal wired 360 controller better and way cheaper?

I got a retail version from Amazon.com I wonder if they'll offer something

Havent seen anything posted from people who would know progress, I've just been keeping my eye on this : https://steamdb.info/app/208650/history/

Doesnt say so much about an ETA of course, but just encouraging to see work is being done it at least.

Good to see them working on it already.

~3h ago;
ysbn5ih.jpg

https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/status/614555527830466562

Rocksteady V Nvidia : Patch of Justice

KingBroly

Banned
That's a lot of red on that Steam DB page. A LOT.

More people on twitter are telling me stores are pulling the PC version until further notice and offering refunds for it.

Menome

Despite being able to run at a reasonably consistent 60fps (still with effects missing too), I just couldn't stand the constant crashes once I got past Ace Chemicals. Restarting on PS4 instead and hoping I don't go mad redoing that Riddler race.

What makes you think this fan boy bullshit contributes to the conversation in any way?

Also, Killzone Mercenaries called to tell you you're wrong.

Er... I don't think a game designed from the ground up for Vita looking and running much better than a game ported down from HD platforms does much to prove your point.

Vita is significantly less powerful than any HD console. This is not a controversial statement.

Corpekata

Banned
Rule of thumb: Keys and/or CD in the name of the place, your answer is no, they are not legit.
\
Now, they might not rip you off, you'll likely get the key at most places. But you're dealing with codes ripped from retail boxes, often purchased under questionable means, and you risk removal of the game from your account if a publisher decides it was purchased via fraud.

xkramz

Rule of thumb: Keys and/or CD in the name of the place, your answer is no, they are not legit.

Now, they might not rip you off, you'll likely get the key at most places. But you're dealing with codes ripped from retail boxes, often purchased under questionable means, and you risk removal of the game from your account if a publisher decides it was purchased via fraud.

ok thank you i will skip on the deal.

yatesl

I've never had an issue with CDKeys. GAF doesn't like them as they're not an official reseller like GMG or Nuuvem so we don't know where they get their keys from, but I've not had any issues activating them.

is cdkeys legit and safe for steam keys? please let em know cause they have arkham knight + dlc for dirt cheap

They are safe as in their keys will work. They are not legit as in the money they make goes to no developer except for the bulk Russian/UAE purchase they make. No developer recognizes them as legit/safe.

so cdkeys is legit? jesus guys im confused now

As far as i know they are legit. I havent had an issues with them before.

CDKeys are legit in that what they sell are working keys. They are dodgy in that the keys are either:

A) from lower-income countries (e.g. Ukraine, Russia, India, etc)
B) promo codes, likely the case for Arkham Knight
C) taken from physical DVDs, possibly acquired through dubious means (e.g. they might have acquired the Arkham Knight keys following the instruction from WB for retailers to destroy copies)

It's best not to use them.

Seanspeed

Banned
Suspending sales of the game was already a clear indication that it would take more than a few weeks to fix the game due to its current state
Exactly. If it was going to fixable in a couple weeks, they'd just say, "Patches incoming soon" and would keep on.

Havik

Wondering if they will charge full price again after re-releasing it, I wont buy it unless they give a decent discount at least.

Rosur

I'm wondering if the PC version of the Batgirl DLC will be delayed untill the PC version is fixed?

Also since they removed the game from sale did anyone else stop get steam trading cards?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm new to PC gaming, so, apologies if this is a dumb question, but, how are key resellers still selling this game? I can't imagine the codes even work if the game was actually pulled from Steam.

No released content is ever actually removed wholesale from Steam. The closest parallel is when Squeenix removed Order of War: Challenge from user libraries by removing the game from all of its subs after the servers were shut down, but this utterly asinine move was partially reversed by Valve as it left those who had a Challenge-specific licence without the product they were expressly entitled to. There has never and will never be a situation akin to what happened with, say, PT on PSN. Even games that were released without permission are still perfectly accessible if you own them.

Top Bottom