• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Unveils Lego Rock Band

tomvek

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has confirmed that Lego Rock Band is in development for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and DS.

Due for release later this year, TT Games is developing the title in partnership with Harmonix, with Warner set to act as publisher.

“Lego Rock Band combines two compelling properties and creates an experience that family members of all ages will enjoy playing together as a group,” said Tom Stone, managing director of TT Games. “Harmonix and MTV Games are the world experts in music gameplay, and we’re genuinely thrilled to bring the unique and humor-filled Lego experience to their Rock Band universe.”

Bob Picunko, senior vice president of Electronic Games for MTV Games, said: “Rock Band is a social game experience that crosses every generation and every genre of rock. Harmonix and MTV Games are big fans of the Lego game franchise and excited to work with TT Games to develop a new take on Rock Band that focuses on great music and Lego humour that’s fun for the whole family.”
http://www.edge-online.com/news/warner-unveils-lego-rock-band

The game, which will allow families, tweens and teens to experience a wild journey to rock stardom where they can "Build a Band and Rock the Universe", will be available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Wii home videogame console. Lego Rock Band for Nintendo DS will be co-developed by TT Games and Harmonix in partnership with Backbone Entertainment, a Foundation 9 Entertainment studio. All versions are scheduled for 2009.

"Lego Rock Band combines the multiplayer music experience of Rock Band with the fun, customization and humour of the Lego videogame franchise packed with brilliant chart-topping songs and classic favourites suitable for younger audiences, including:

Blur: "Song 2"
Carl Douglas: "Kung Fu Fighting"
Europe: "The Final Countdown"
Good Charlotte: "Boys and Girls"
Pink: "So What"

"Players will become rockers as they embark on a journey to stardom that the whole family can enjoy as they work their way through local venues, stadiums and fantasy locations on Earth and beyond, that mimic the imaginative settings that the Lego world offers. Also continuing the LEGO "build-and-play" gaming experience, players will be able to create their own Lego Rock Band style as they customize their minifigure avatars, band and entourage, including roadies, managers and crew. Lego Rock Band supports Rock Band instruments, as well as other music game controllers."
http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=9675

They said there wouldn't be a Rock Band game this year and we actually have two...

I know they're variations but still.

Threi

notag
yo dawg i herd u like milking franchises so we put a milked franchise in your milked franchise so you can pay us money while you pay us money

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Rick Astley's song must be in this game
so you can brickroll your friends

KingGondo

Banned
CowMilking.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Archie said:
This is worse than Guitar Hero exploitation.
Second rate comment.

This is nowhere near the Guitar Hero gravy train yet. We need to see these (not in the following order) Rock Band games come to fruition first. Rock Band.....

-Hitz
-Miley Sirus
-Saturday Morning Cartoon SE
-Sesame Street
-Babiez
-3 - Note Eater

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

:O

Archie said:
Thank goodness we'll probably get disc exports for both games.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Apple Records licensing may not be as friendly to this. Also, these two games have a substantial amount of unique graphical assets and possibly unique gameplay enhancements. AC/DC did not.

I'm definitely HOPING for export functionality.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Milk this cow, the best way we know how
Park Hill projects, chicka-POW!
Milk this cow, the best way we know how
Park Hill projects, chicka-POW!

Maybe Archie isn't so second rate after all.

Also, lolz to the idea lots of GH or RB games is a bad thing. The only issue with this is Lego games wore out their welcome awhile ago.

Tideas

Banned
I don't get it. What's wrong with this? The rockband name gets expanded. Becomes even more casual for kids.

I don't get the hate?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I really don't think this is milking. It is making the game more accessible to the entire family. The same thing Lego games have done all along. Not sure where all the hate is coming from.

Rockband: "insert bandname here" is milking.

Tideas said:
I don't get it. What's wrong with this? The rockband name gets expanded. Becomes even more casual for kids.

I don't get the hate?

Rock Band supporters vs Guitar Hero supporters for the most part.

We'll go ahead and count you as part of Team Rock Band.

DestinRL

Noooo c'mon really? Damn it why? Seriously why?

PR Guy 1: "Kids like these Lego games"

PR Guy 2: "They like that there Rock Band thingie also"

PR Guy 1: "WE NEED TO MIX THEM!!!!!!"

DMeisterJ

Banned
No PSP version? Well, I guess PSP does get Unplugged...

How is the DS version going to work? Just like the PSP one using the face buttons/directional pad? Since the GBA slot is no longer there...

I wonder if this supports existing DLC. If it's basically a Rock Band skin, then it's a fine idea. If you like the played out, no-longer-funny Lego look.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
bearcatjosh said:
Rock Band supporters vs Guitar Hero supporters for the most part.

We'll go ahead and count you as part of Team Rock Band.

If that is the case, that make the hate even more stupid.

People are so cynical these days about everything.

But then again, these threads usually have people in them that hate on everything then more level-headed people come in.

peetfeet

beermonkey@tehbias said:
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Apple Records licensing may not be as friendly to this. Also, these two games have a substantial amount of unique graphical assets and possibly unique gameplay enhancements. AC/DC did not.

I'm definitely HOPING for export functionality.

Me too, I may bite if i can copy the songs to the HDD to play in RB2.

xbhaskarx

I was ready to make fun ot this, but:

Carl Douglas: "Kung Fu Fighting"

Oh shit. Will these songs be exportable to the Rock Band platform? If so, I will buy it and never play it, like with AC/DC.

Barrett2

Here's my ultimate lineup.

I want Lego Millennium Falcon on bass, 'good' pirate ship on lead guitar, civil patrol rescue boat (that really floats) on drums, and the pirate jungle hideout lair on mic.

This seems pretty sweet to me. A child friendly shell for Rock Band style play. There's already a lot of nickelodeon DLC for Rock Band, to be honest we should have seen this coming.

Top Bottom