• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WarnerMedia CEO Addresses #RestoreTheSnyderVerse, No Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad, Ray Fisher

MastaKiiLA

Ray really giving no fucks right now. He skipped the gasoline, and it taking a de-atomizer to that bridge. Do you, bro. I want more tea.

Honestly, you don't go from the central figure in a story to a complete non-factor without there being some serious issues. This wasn't cutting some scenes, this was removing a character from the story. Was Whedon given the control to change the story that much on his own? The idea that suits were involved in that decision is believable.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Shut up Ray Fisher, everyone's roles got truncated.
:(

And I agree, restore the Snyderverse. I don't Twitter though so I won't be part of it's movement.

ManaByte

Ray is making the chances of the SnyderVerse continuing even more remote than they already are.

How would they even continue it? Recast Cyborg? WB isn't giving him any role after all of this and him publicly saying he won't work for them with Hamada in charge.

Kenpachii

I don't understand ray fisher, dude is striaght up a nobody and probably didn't take much cash in from it. He burns probably all bridges with future movie deals because of it.

Seems dumb.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I don't understand ray fisher, dude is striaght up a nobody and probably didn't take much cash in from it. He burns probably all bridges with future movie deals because of it.

Seems dumb.

He's angry at the treatment he received... Mostly from the Hamada call that seemed like he was covering for Geoff Johns. Now Sarnoff is sounding like she's doing damage control. Not just about the movie but also Hamada.

Fisher's role in ZSJL was amazing! He acted his socks off in that. In the subtle moments, I felt his pain in losing his father.

Ionian

Is he on a non-residuals contract?

Dude told them FU numerous times and is now complaining again?

What even is the point. Everything seems to have been already addressed?

Think his mother needs to take the laptop away from him.

Kenpachii

He's angry at the treatment he received... Mostly from the Hamada call that seemed like he was covering for Geoff Johns. Now Sarnoff is sounding like she's doing damage control. Not just about the movie but also Hamada.

Fisher's role in ZSJL was amazing! He acted his socks off in that. In the subtle moments, I felt his pain in losing his father.

He has nothing to be angry about. If you are angry u take it up in closed doors like any professional does. If u don't u are out of a job forever in that industry. Nobody wants noisy people that burns your company down the moment it doesn't go the way u want it to go. The only role you play for a company is to get it further not backwards. If you disagree with there directions u are free to move somewhere else.

If he is disappointing with what he got he could have pushed out some positive professional reactions in a interview such as: Yea we did a lot of shooting for the roll i am in, sadly most of it got cut in the final shoot. I hope in the future a special edition could go in on this and push my scenes forwards again as i really think they added something towards the movie. But after all i had a wonderful time and can't wait to see what's up in the future.

Instead he's burns all bridges and attacks his employee on top of it in the media which is frankly extremely unprofessional and to the point that those people that make movies will simple avoid him and move to the next guy. There are tons of other people that can replace him easily as he's not a major character. But hey atleast some fans can sleep well at night i guess.

Look personally justice league and that other hero movie from the other side with thor and iron man make simple no sense at all to me. Half of them are straight up gods the other half are nearly useless but pretend to be useful in some way while they are really not. Its cringe to watch most of it. And frankly half of them make no sense on how they look like.

- Like why would flash tape himself into a suit that makes him look like a kid toy. Why not just use your normal form like what they did in x-men which is far more relatable. it just looks unappealing at this point.

Example u rather watch this guy

a292adf8636ad8891decd2ecbea753bb67-15-flash.rsquare.w700.jpg

Or this guy:

Quicksilver-X-Men-Apocalypse-Header.jpg

Yea there you go.

- Aquamen makes sense how he looks like.

Aquaman1.png

Now if they made him look like this it would just be commical badly looking.

hqdefault.jpg

Just as comical as this shit for example.

images

- Batman makes sense but is heavily heavily outdated when the other side has a batman type of character like ironman that goes around with a nanosuit the same goes for spiderman at this point. Why is he still using that but ugly Suit that adds nothing towards the mix and straight up adds very little to any group really.

Why not nano bats that come towards him and merge into a nano suit for example, those nano bats are so small they can tear anybody apart if he unleaches them, the guy will straight up look extremely dangerous to anybody with half a brain. What do we got now? a guy still in his 50's armor that can throw a few knives around yay.

- Rayfisher character looks commical bad, hell even terminator from decades ago looked more modern then what ray fisher looks like, he really looks like a toy a rus toy. Why is that armor not able to push skin pigment forwards why do i look at a robot that looks like someting out of 30's.

Here a example.

U rather see this:

terminator-6-direction.jpg

Or this:

Ray-Fisher-As-Cyborg.jpg

Its just really really bad.

Then wonder woman, outfit is understandable but also very fucking useless as u can see her face perfectly fine so why go into a amazon outfit and not something more modern? when u sit in a far more advanced society which she uses all day long in her private life in the movies.

Nothing in the movies make sense to me, nothing feels modern everything feels like slammed together to the point it feels unnatural and just to make them look comical bad.

Look superman makes sense, he wants to inspire people and wants to be visible the way he is and frankly he's so god tier overpowered it doesn't matter at the end anymore as he aint hiding shit.

The problem with those series is they try to stay far to valid towards there comic books which makes them look like toys. They need to drop the outfits and actually start to feel like they are those characters.

Ironman feels like he's the character, the same for spiderman, the same for hulk, the same for thor, the same for superman, the same for aquaman and probably a few more, ray fisher as cyborg looks like a toy completely and it completely dismantles his performance in the movie where u can't just look past the ugly outfit he has that goes with him which should be state of the art but gets outdone by 2 decade ago suepr hero movies.

If u ask me x-men was far far far more modern looking then these guys in the movie. Its almost like a cosplay conference.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
He has nothing to be angry about. If you are angry u take it up in closed doors like any professional does. If u don't u are out of a job forever in that industry. Nobody wants noisy people that burns your company down the moment it doesn't go the way u want it to go. The only role you play for a company is to get it further not backwards. If you disagree with there directions u are free to move somewhere else.

If he is disappointing with what he got he could have pushed out some positive professional reactions in a interview such as: Yea we did a lot of shooting for the roll i am in, sadly most of it got cut in the final shoot. I hope in the future a special edition could go in on this and push my scenes forwards again as i really think they added something towards the movie. But after all i had a wonderful time and can't wait to see what's up in the future.

Instead he's burns all bridges and attacks his employee on top of it in the media which is frankly extremely unprofessional and to the point that those people that make movies will simple avoid him and move to the next guy. There are tons of other people that can replace him easily as he's not a major character. But hey atleast some fans can sleep well at night i guess.

Look personally justice league and that other hero movie from the other side with thor and iron man make simple no sense at all to me. Half of them are straight up gods the other half are nearly useless but pretend to be useful in some way while they are really not. Its cringe to watch most of it. And frankly half of them make no sense on how they look like.

- Like why would flash tape himself into a suit that makes him look like a kid toy. Why not just use your normal form like what they did in x-men which is far more relatable. it just looks unappealing at this point.

Or this guy:

Yea there you go.

Aquaman1.png

hqdefault.jpg

images

- Batman makes sense but is heavily heavily outdated when the other side has a batman type of character like ironman that goes around with a nanosuit the same goes for spiderman at this point. Why is he still using that but ugly Suit that adds nothing towards the mix and straight up adds very little to any group really.

Why not nano bats that come towards him and merge into a nano suit for example, those nano bats are so small they can tear anybody apart if he unleaches them, the guy will straight up look extremely dangerous to anybody with half a brain. What do we got now? a guy still in his 50's armor that can throw a few knives around yay.

- Rayfisher character looks commical bad, hell even terminator from decades ago looked more modern then what ray fisher looks like, he really looks like a toy a rus toy. Why is that armor not able to push skin pigment forwards why do i look at a robot that looks like someting out of 30's.

Here a example.

U rather see this:

Or this:

Ray-Fisher-As-Cyborg.jpg

Then wonder woman, outfit is understandable but also very fucking useless as u can see her face perfectly fine so why go into a amazon outfit and not something more modern? when u sit in a far more advanced society which she uses all day long in her private life in the movies.

Nothing in the movies make sense to me, nothing feels modern everything feels like slammed together to the point it feels unnatural and just to make them look comical bad.

Look superman makes sense, he wants to inspire people and wants to be visible the way he is and frankly he's so god tier overpowered it doesn't matter at the end anymore as he aint hiding shit.

The problem with those series is they try to stay far to valid towards there comic books which makes them look like toys. They need to drop the outfits and actually start to feel like they are those characters.

Ironman feels like he's the character, the same for spiderman, the same for hulk, the same for thor, the same for superman, the same for aquaman and probably a few more, ray fisher as cyborg looks like a toy completely and it completely dismantles his performance in the movie where u can't just look past the ugly outfit he has that goes with him which should be state of the art but gets outdone by 2 decade ago suepr hero movies.

If u ask me x-men was far far far more modern looking then these guys in the movie. Its almost like a cosplay conference.
jackie chan eye roll GIF by Warner Archive

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
WB you are so freaking dumb

"Manganiello had described Deathstroke's role in The Batman would have been in the veins of a horror-movie-villain, with Slade going after Bruce on both a psychological and physical level.
"There was like a big huge showdown, Batgirl jumps in to try and help Bruce because Deathstroke is so fast," the actor reveals. "He can anticipate Bruce's movements." The hero is "completely afraid" of Slade Wilson because "he met someone who can take him."

angry ufc GIF

Last edited:

ManaByte

WB you are so freaking dumb

"Manganiello had described Deathstroke's role in The Batman would have been in the veins of a horror-movie-villain, with Slade going after Bruce on both a psychological and physical level.
"There was like a big huge showdown, Batgirl jumps in to try and help Bruce because Deathstroke is so fast," the actor reveals. "He can anticipate Bruce's movements." The hero is "completely afraid" of Slade Wilson because "he met someone who can take him."

angry ufc GIF

They just got Pierce Brosnan to be Doctor Fate.

NahaNago

Well I'm fine with Snyderverse not continuing. Honestly at this point I would like a reboot of DC movies. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed what we got with the first wonder woman and aquaman it is just everything is so random and not planned out. I would honestly like unfortunately have to say a more marvel approach where generally the path of the story/movies is planned out in advance. ( I honestly don't think captain marvel was properly planned.)

ManaByte

I honestly don't think captain marvel was properly planned

Marvel was planning Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Black Panther since 2011 (although the 2011 Black Panther was apparently VERY different). They were going to introduce Captain Marvel at the end of Age of Ultron; the shot where Wanda arrives at the end was originally meant to be Captain Marvel and they even used a stand-in when they filmed it:

The original scene is on the bonus disc with the Infinity Saga set.

Feige had to get rid of the Creative Committee by threatening to quit to Iger before they could get those movies made.

NahaNago

Marvel was planning Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Black Panther since 2011 (although the 2011 Black Panther was apparently VERY different). They were going to introduce Captain Marvel at the end of Age of Ultron; the shot where Wanda arrives at the end was originally meant to be Captain Marvel and they even used a stand-in when they filmed it:

The original scene is on the bonus disc with the Infinity Saga set.

Feige had to get rid of the Creative Committee by threatening to quit to Iger before they could get those movies made.

I think I remember this vaguely from a youtube video. But why captain marvel though. She honestly doesn't make sense as your typical avenger character based off my limited cartoon knowledge. Honestly I would have removed her as well. She is just too powerful compared to what we have seen from the other characters since they depowered hulk and thor( gave up watching wanda vision).

oagboghi2

Or this guy:

Yea there you go.

Aquaman1.png

hqdefault.jpg

images

Here a example.

U rather see this:

Or this:

Ray-Fisher-As-Cyborg.jpg

People like you are why we got the x-men looking like leather bdsm outfits

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Yeah, about that...
When you quote an article, do it properly. And not just what fit your narrative:

"Many households have opted to watch Zack Snyder's Justice League in installments, splitting it up into two or three segments, or perhaps even watching one of the six chapters at a time.
But it certainly means it's too soon to get a measure of the Snyder Cut's popularity, simply because viewing figures in and of themselves aren't a good metric here."
"Comparisons need to be made carefully and cautiously"

For now, all we can compare is this:
unknown.png

unknown.png

And if we take the number of people who rated the movie as an indication for the popularity, ZSJL is already ahead of the last DCEU movie (without even mentioning the rating).
Also the SnyderCut is breaking records on many, many country so I'm not really worried. AT&T are the one who decide at the end.

Hatemachine

Banned
Yeah, about that...
When you quote an article, do it properly. And not just what fit your narrative:

"Many households have opted to watch Zack Snyder's Justice League in installments, splitting it up into two or three segments, or perhaps even watching one of the six chapters at a time.
But it certainly means it's too soon to get a measure of the Snyder Cut's popularity, simply because viewing figures in and of themselves aren't a good metric here."
"Comparisons need to be made carefully and cautiously"

For now, all we can compare is this:
unknown.png

unknown.png

And if we take the number of people who rated the movie as an indication for the popularity, ZSJL is already ahead of the last DCEU movie (without even mentioning the rating).
Also the SnyderCut is breaking records on many, many country so I'm not really worried. AT&T are the one who decide at the end.
Weird how it has a mean of 8.8 but adjusted down to 8.3 based on their weighted averaging system.

The only other movie I can find where that system has a significant impact is Ghostbusters 2016 which is adjusted to a 6.6 up from a 5.3. And honestly the 5.3 is too generous as it is.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I find it hard to believe that more people watched the Snyder cut over Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Based on subscription numbers alone.

VulcanRaven

BvS and JL underperformed at box office so I don't think they want Snyderverse to continue. Maybe they might do something for HBO Max but not in theaters.

Last edited:
Lol the logic of comparing Wonder Woman 84 to this.

One is a standard 2hr blockbuster movie that has been announced and hyped for years with tons of mainstream promotional material for it as well as theatrical showings.

The other is a 4hr long movie only available on one streaming service that critics all over the world swore didn't exist and was a conspiracy theory for years and years.

Totally different approaches to marketing these films, despite both being denoted streaming titles in the end.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Lol the logic of comparing Wonder Woman 84 to this.

One is a standard 2hr blockbuster movie that has been announced and hyped for years with tons of mainstream promotional material for it as well as theatrical showings.

The other is a 4hr long movie only available on one streaming service that critics all over the world swore didn't exist and was a conspiracy theory for years and years.

Totally different approaches to marketing these films, despite both being denoted streaming titles in the end.

As mentioned, it didn't exist until this year.

Astral Dog

I don't want to see #SnyderVerse back, i just want Zack Snyder Justice League to be filmed and other creators given freedom to di their own thing. Like Joker and The Batman. It doesn't have to be one thing or the other.

Top Bottom