Warren Spector: The world didn't need another Wolfenstein. Adolescent male fantasy.

mjc

Nov 8, 2007
Warren gets to be quiet after Epic Mickey's travesty.

I'm excited for this, I've always loved Wolfenstein.

Dictator93

Jun 29, 2011
For a man who knows nothing about how this game will play... that is quite the opinion.

Also... given how there are really no games which play like CHronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay to this day... I am not sure if Spector really should have said that.

I can understand disliking the use of the franchise name though. Riding on the tales of past glory somewhat obviously.

MYE

Banned
Jul 20, 2009
I hope it doesnt take itself too seriously. The voice over was terribile.
And yes, the world needs more sci-fi, paranormal Nazi shooters. Shut up Warren!

marrec

Loves ketchup on hot dogs and Pringles
Oct 11, 2010
Warren gets to be quiet after Epic Mickey's travesty.

I'm excited for this, I've always loved Wolfenstein.
I'd much rather having something along the lines of Epic Mickey then another generic FPS.

Xater

Jul 28, 2007
Yes it does need it. I am more interested in this than any other modern military shooter. And how about you make a good game again Warren, then maybe we can talk.

NateDrake

Dec 12, 2010
In the comments he further backs his opinion up. Seems he is just tired of shooters that don't bring anything new to the industry, yet people get excited and buy them anyways.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
oh warren, you're breaking my heart. go home and be a family man.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Mar 27, 2012
Still not on speaking terms with Warren after the double Epic Mickey flop.

Just the name leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Extra Sauce

Mar 29, 2010
I'm also sick and tired of military shooters, but I think it's misguided to take that out on Wolfenstein. It has a much more interesting setting than the Call of Dutys of this world.

Averon

Aug 27, 2008
The guy seems to have grown bitter and cynical towards the games industry. Maybe he needs to take a long vacation or think about retiring.

CosmicQueso

Feb 16, 2010
Mars
The real post adolescent male fantasy is thinking one can dictate and control what others think, are interested in, and enjoy.

derFeef

Jan 21, 2010
In the comments he further backs his opinion up. Seems he is just tired of shooters that don't bring anything new to the industry, yet people get excited and buy them anyways.
He has seen the game?
Also avatarquote :p

rakkadakka

Oct 27, 2011
Epic Mickey or not, the man has a point.

Hopefully he's wrong and the game has some redeeming value.

Another generic FPS is one thing the world does not need.

The Boat

Sep 22, 2010
As someone who's only interested in shooters and most of the so-called AAA epic, visceral games sporadically and as someone who's also slightly annoyed that millions gobble up anything that falls in this category, I have to say Warren, no one's forcing you to buy Wolfenstein and no one's forcing anyone to stop making "alternative" games. There's room for everyone to have fun.

bidguy

Banned
Feb 5, 2013
never played a wolfenstein game but the setting sounds amazing. the new one will probably the first one i buy though.

golem

Jun 7, 2004
SoCal
www.liquidcrack.de
Did the world need another Wolfenstein? No, but it will probably keep people employed. I cant fault movie studios for making endless action movies that appeal to the masses and neither can i fault the game companies that do the same.

Now taking huge budgets and completely sinking a studio with mediocre games? That I do have a problem with, Warren.

marrec

Loves ketchup on hot dogs and Pringles
Oct 11, 2010
Epic Mickey or not, the man has a point.

Hopefully he's wrong and the game has some redeeming value.

Another generic FPS is one thing the world does not need.
Even generic FPS's might have some sort of value...