• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was anyone able to find Doom 3 today?

Belfast

Nothing here. Nothing at CC, nothing at Best Buy (though the advert says thursday...god I hate BB, its always thursday.....), EB guy said probably tomorrow, but they'll only get in enough to cover pre-orders (yeah, I bet...I'm going to check anyway, though. they're probably told to say this so you pre-order next time :p).

SyNapSe

Thaedolus said:
I don't know, I'm just not feeling it..

The game is absolutely awesome though!

So.. which is it? I'm interested in hearing gameplay details a bit. My first FPS was Wolfenstein 3d, so I've pretty much followed ID since then. :)

(I woulda kinda guess Wolf 3d was a lot of people's first FPS tho... )

Mareg

I've gone trough the first couple of missions. This game must be played by anyone remotly interested in FPS. I played lights turned down with big headphones and I'm scared (ar in really scared). The atmosphere is unrevaled.

The script is nice too and the gameplay, if not overly complicated, is tight and responsive. Now the best part, is that I've played with these settings on my rig :

800x600 with high details and every other option on (minus AA and Vsync) and I have yet to experience any slowdown. Maybe my FPS can go sub 30 but only for such a breaf moment I am not even sure it slowed down that low.

P4 2.8C (Not Oc'ed)
1 gig of ddr 3200 (2X512 with hyperThread) (Not Oc'ed)
A very modest Radeon 9600 pro (Not Oc'ed)
Onboard sound.

Long live Carmak for doing an engine so optimized I won't have to upgrade vid card yet ! Thx

nubbe

DooM 3 running on my work computer, simply amazing!
Amazing since I can’t run any other TnL game on it!

Have about 5-15 FPS too so it is playable!

shot00005.jpg

shot00006.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
nubbe said:
Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller... part of the 845G chipset, no fancy stuff :(

No fancy stuff indeed!

-looks at laptop sitting to my right-

Yes indeedy, that 82845G chip sure is something. :p

Top Bottom