• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was Share Play for FIFA 15 (PS4) silently removed in the last 24 hours? (edit: YES)

Gustav

Banned
Same with PES 2015. Friend has Uk PSN, has Uk disc, lives 15 miles from me in the Uk and I got the regional restriction error last night. Seems a sony side thing rather than game patched?

PES worked for me and the same friend I tried FIFA 15 with literally moments before we wanted to switch to FIFA.

Piccoro

Why did Sony even bothered to implement this, if these devs will block their AAA games from sharing?
By sharing the games, the person who is trying the game will most likely end up buying it. But the gaming companies don't realize that, apparently. To them it makes more sense to release broken games and patch them later, SMH.

If this is indeed a bug, sorry for the rant. But Activision was still shady by blocking AW.

Why did Sony even bothered to implement this, if these devs will block their AAA games from sharing?
By sharing the games, the person who is trying the game will most likely end up buying it. But the gaming companies don't realize that, apparently. To them it makes more sense to release broken games and patch them later, SMH.

If this is indeed a bug, sorry for the rant. But Activision was still shady by blocking AW.

Because not all devs/publishers will and even if they do small devs and Sony won't (maybe some small devs...). That alone makes SharePlay worth it, and more ways to play is always a good thing. (Though I completely understand your frustration.)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Stuff like this really makes me believe that the family share thing MS mentioned was all BS.

Of course it was BS. If you have a compelling reason to introduce DRM, why on earth would you inform everyone of it AFTER you remove DRM? 'And here's what you could have won.'

Hellshy.

Of course it was BS. If you have a compelling reason to introduce DRM, why on earth would you inform everyone of it AFTER you remove DRM? 'And here's what you could have won.'

Lol .When it comes too"Family share"is simply MS employing misderiction and it worked to an extent.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Lol .When it comes too"Family share"is simply MS employing misderiction and it worked to an extent.

Yep, people were actually asking for it to come back and articles started popping up saying the same. And suddenly Sony fans and XB1 fans who fought against it were 'villains' for a week. Sense prevailed but clearly the PR BS still gets brought up here and there, just like the 'nearly, almost, approaching 10 million XB1s shipped soon' BS we witnessed prior to October's NPD. I can't for the life of me understand why people still believe what this company says.

c0de

How does this work without a patch? I read shareplay is a p2p technique. How would they be able to block this?

klier

I'm not able to Shareplay what seems like any games with a friend in the US (I'm in Canada). Here is a list of titles that were working previously but now are not:

Destiny
Shadow of Mordor
Lego Marvel
Steamworld Dig

Alien Isolation also doesn't work but it may never have.

Mordor has never been working for me since day one..

Stat!

I'm curious if nhl 15 still works. Share play allows me to play co-op with a friend against a computer as well as online gm mode with a friend. Same with co-op playoff mode.

Removing it means I can no longer play co-op online since the game has so few features.

Fdkn

btOXZqo.png

someone tweeted Shu. it seems like all games are having problems, even Sonys first party titles.

https://twitter.com/psaprez/status/533114078802501632

i think it's a serverside thing. publishers can ask Sony to flag titles at their discretion. this is why local updates aren't needed and it works retroactively with all games going back to the PS4 launch.
It is very strange that the dude in charge of PlayStation will personally respond to individual tech issues.

Because Sony will implement it in all their games, and users will share Sony published games and that will help Sony's software sales and community growth.

Whoever else uses it is pretty much a bonus after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the publisher knee-jerk reaction is to block this, they'd probably make users pay each time for a local 2-player games if they could. I'm sure Somy are organising meetings to alleviate concerns of publishers and how Shareplay can help raise the profile of a game.

Is this for real?!

What's the point of this amazing feature if publishers are just going to disable it.

That's kind of it though, for the publishers, what IS the point of it? I can't see Share Play being the kind of feature that any publisher would have heard about pre-PS4 launch and been all "FUCK YEAH" about.

FFP2

Shareplay is turning out as great as I expected it to be...

They should make it madatory like RemotePlay.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If only there had been some kind of demo they could have downloaded...

Most games don't have demos. And a share play session where you can talk wih a friend who is evangelising the game will be potentially much more powerful in getting people to buy than a simple one player demo.

Gustav

Banned
Welp, looks like it's true. That sucks. Split the price on Fifa with my friend to share play. Looks like we can't continue with our ultimate team as you can't play coop with one ultimate team. Bummer!

Top Bottom