• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was that the greatest troll in the history of the industry? (FFVII)

Yessssss, it was fucking excellent. Square can't make good games anymore, but they can still devastate people emotionally.

Note: I love FFVII (top 5 ever for me), but I don't really care if there's a remake.

uberluigi

Banned
I was soo fucking excited thinking it was gonna be revealed til half way through the video I knew I was being trolled, doesn't not feel good man :'(

That was about as hyped as ive ever been at an announcement, i was waiting and hoping that it would swap to a remade scene but it never happened!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I...I think it's actually possible.

Hashimoto was unbelievably excited and there just for that. THE FUCK.

Not since Final Fantasy 14........ Online have I seen such a twist.

Well done Square Enix. If disappointment was money all your staff would be living in golden houses.

Kuraudo

Banned
FFVII with trophies. I'd much rather have this than see modern SE butcher my favourite game.

The trolling was amazing, though.

Go_Ly_Dow

the worst part was waiting for like a glass smash transition when the ffvii ps1 footage came in to next gen graphics

but it just kept going and going.......... :(

Easily. Hands-down, will never be topped, greatest troll of all time. This will seriously taint what was going to be a great event.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yes, I got so freaking pumped and then let down so quickly.

I was jumping up and down while my wife looked at me.

And then it hit me "wait...why do they keep showing the old game? Aren't they going to transition to the remade graph....no....no....my God. No. NOT A PORT. WHAT THE FUCK!?!? FUCK YOU!"

Wazzy

Banned
Meh. I don't think I could handle seeing them ruin VII with a remake, especially if they decide to go the route of fugly AC appearances.

Top Bottom