• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was that the greatest troll in the history of the industry? (FFVII)

Not since Final Fantasy 14........ Online have I seen such a twist.

Well done Square Enix. If disappointment was money all your staff would be living in golden houses.

Square at Sony conferences is just legendary. You forgot about the amazing pre-TGS Sony event. Every insider was saying "something big is coming from Square", Sony saved the SE announcement for the very end of the show, we see HD Dragon Quest for the first time... And then it's a Dynasty Warriors spinoff. They are legend.

Hasney

No. like I said in another thread, trolling would mean that someone in SquareEnix had any idea what people want. It was them genuinely presenting something that they think people want.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I nominate:

1. Vib Ribbon mention
2. FINAL FANTASY XIV..................................................... online
3. Final Fantasy VII for PS4.............................. PC port

Croyles

GAF never learns.

FF7Remake was never on the table. However, how SE presented that was super unfortunate. I guarantee you they had no idea about GAFs ridiculous "hype", nor is it reasonable to think they'd know. Still, someone like Boyes probably should have alerted them.

It was pretty hilarious.

Yes. I know it's silly/childish, but I legit got mad. I kept waiting for it to turn HD, and it never did...

He said it was the PC version from a while back. Doesn't that have inferior music?

HeelPower

Square Enix is messing up with FFXV.Should have shown that game instead of this...

No One in the west cares about fucking Jump Festa and they just miss every big event with FFXV.

Omega

Banned
GAF never learns.

FF7Remake was never on the table. However, how SE presented that was super unfortunate. I guarantee you they had no idea about GAFs ridiculous "hype", nor is it reasonable to think they'd know. Still, someone like Boyes probably should have alerted them.

It was pretty hilarious.

GAF isn't the only place that wants a FF7 remake.

You have to be a moron to not know this.

I hope Sony is just like "F you Square Enix, your not invited back to anything Playstation for 2 years"

They derailed this conference hard.

vazel

Banned
I kept expecting them to segue into a remake version of Final Fantasy VII, and then the trailer ended and I got sad. :(

HardRojo

My feelings in one gif.
It's accurate because it took that long to be let down.
Z7Xxb.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If it was a troll, who was doing the trolling? Certainly not Square Enix, who have done nothing to cultivate the expectations for a remake. Fans trolled themselves, another one of the ten thousand dumb collective hype train delusions they've been prey to.

dc89

The thing is, they don't even know they are doing it. They genuinely think this is what people want, and expect us to go nuts for it.

Just fuck off Square Enix, you are dead to me.

Rootbeer

Banned
I just don't know anymore. Square-Enix is more interested in porting old games than giving us new content. We're getting a FFXV (which is already a cop-out since it was never intended to be a mainline game) and Kingdom Hearts III. I am excited for them but it doesn't feel like a lot if you look at how long we've waited for these two titles.

I was not surprised at all. But I was certainly deflated when for a brief moment I actually believed they may be announcing a MAJOR rehaul of one of their most beloved classics... eh :/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I kept on waiting for the old footage to switch to new footage... Then I realized it wasn't going to happen, my face went blank, and then I just cracked up laughing. Amazing.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Without a doubt. Absolutely masterful trolling.

They totally got me. They got me GOOD. I am not even mad about it. It was that good. I have no one to blame but my self.

Still, Square is evil as fuck for pulling that shit.

I'm still laughing. The lead in with all the nostalgia, getting everyone excited, building tension and then BOOM there's your PS4 EXCLUSIVE PC PORT OF THE SAME GAME YOU PLAYED 17 YEARS AGO!!! Are you happy now??

It was masterfully executed. Squaretroll, TrollEnix.

Kugar77

it was hilarious, I was fuly expecting them to transition to the new graphics... and it never happened. What was se thinking?!

Kathian

Banned
If it was a troll, who was doing the trolling? Certainly not Square Enix, who have done nothing to cultivate the expectations for a remake. Fans trolled themselves, another one of the ten thousand dumb collective hype train delusions they've been prey to.

Look Advance Wars 3DS is coming and I don't need you constantly stumping on my dreams! I could see it in Iwata's eyes!

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Yeah, it was pretty funny. I had the feeling the second they showed the 'old' footage that it was going to be port of the PC version.

Top Bottom