• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was that the greatest troll in the history of the industry? (FFVII)

SPAW

No i meant you worded it like theyve gone on to greener pastures as a whole.

" Instead they are moving on with creating new interesting FF-games such as XV. For that I am very grateful. "

this sentence does not rule out that they also produce stuff that is not my cup of tea.

DeviantBoi

I expected the old footage to morph into footage of the remake.

After a few seconds, I knew something was up.

I'm really disappointed. It's an important announcement, but people like Adam Boyes should have known how it would make people feel. It shouldn't have been part of the presentation.

I expected the old footage to morph into footage of the remake.

After a few seconds, I knew something was up.

I'm really disappointed. It's an important announcement, but people like Adam Boyes should have known how it would make people feel. It shouldn't have been part of the presentation.

So did I lol.

Or just lead in by saying we're not remastering it, just re releasing it.

I can't wait for the day that fans stop buying a lot of their crap and they lose a ton of money to the point where they are thinking, "Man...we REALLY fucked up at PSX. I think they actually wanted the remake and not the remaster."

One can dream. :)

SPAW

Probably because you were just reading chat and forum posts.

I never believed a remake would happen purely because I don't think it's going to be profitable if developed the way fans want it to be, and also because I don't want one. However, on the livestream, the manner in which Hashimoto was presenting, the way they popped out the FF7 logo, talking about history and returns, I actually thought for a moment, in half-disbelief, "Are they actually doing it?!"

I think what caught a lot of people, perhaps even those who didn't want a remake or didn't think a remake would happen, is just that one moment where we wanted to believe. Of course, it sounds silly, but a lot of us are still fans because we still feel something great can happen.

You just described my own sentiment (and experience) perfectly.

Dark_castle

GT stream with Kyle first impressions

http://a.pomf.se/axiwbb.webm

iM7jEfeLigRA1.gif

lol, I knew some incredibly naive people would think Square was remaking FFVII.

I was honestly surprised that they did so much as a PS4 re-release after name-dropping it. I thought that would have been some vib-ribbon E3 type shit.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Why bother remaking the game? FFVII fans will evidently buy the same fucking game like 10 times on different platforms.

Next up: smartphones.

Koozek

GT stream with Kyle first impressions

http://a.pomf.se/axiwbb.webm

It's so crazy to see others react the exact same way and knowing exactly what they felt at which point in time during those few minutes :D
I still can't believe this happened. Man, if this is all an elaborate prank and they reveal the real deal at E3, then I'm really impressed and they have all my respect, haha.

Funny thing is, I've actually never been waiting for FFVIIR and the PS3 tech demo was no big deal for me back then, even though the original is my most favorite game of all-time next to OoT. Only when I read Verendus' posts last year I got hyped suddenly because it sounded so tangible. I'm still more interested in the spectacle itself, rather than the eventual remake. I still love the original version and will continue to play that every once in a while.
The remake is done for me now. Won't be waiting for it anymore.
I'm just looking forward to FFXV, which looks and sounds very exciting and refreshing.

PS: I really want to know what Verendus has to say to this embarrassing announcement. Is this the remake he said was years in the making/planning? :D

Top Bottom