• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Washington Post: What a doctor saw in a Texas shelter for migrant children

The cost of illegal immigration is $116 billion dollars annually. This figure reflects the taxes said illegals have paid into the system. So yeah, unless we want to be back in a depression again, time to find our biggest financial burdens and try to minimize their economic impact.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/public...n-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

Come on man. Don’t insult our intelligence by presenting agenda-driven propaganda as fact.

https://www.cato.org/blog/fairs-fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-study-fatally-flawed

JordanN

Banned
For someone who keeps going on about the laws, the US constitution and many other elements of this country based on the actions and thoughts of long dead people I find it a bit rich you keep riding this point. If your case was correct then the US wouldn't have been dealing with the fallout from how the Civil War and reconstruction were handled a hundred years later.
The topic is about borders.
The idea the U.S has no sovereignty because of events that happen 250+ years ago is spreading the false claim America is illegitimate and thus open for destruction.

And the constitution still matters because the people who founded America are the ones who still care about. If those people get replaced, it puts such values in jeopardy.

Last edited:

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The topic is about borders.
The idea the U.S has no sovereignty because of events that happen 250+ years ago is spreading the false claim America is illegitimate and thus open for destruction.

That seems to be your personal hang up. I'm making a point that the past very much effects the present whether its personal bias, policy enacted by the government or how it defends itself.

JordanN

Banned
That seems to be your personal hang up. I'm making a point that the past very much effects the present whether its personal bias, policy enacted by the government or how it defends itself.
But why does this matter for borders?
You either restrict it or your don't. The events from 250 years ago do not dictate how America gets to decide who gets to stay there.

If every other country is allowed to control their borders (which they do), then America is equally justified.

Dev1lXYZ

Come on man. Don’t insult our intelligence by presenting agenda-driven propaganda as fact.

https://www.cato.org/blog/fairs-fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-study-fatally-flawed

Well, let’s look at the financiers of said institute, shall we?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurie...rent-the-only-funders-of-cato/2/#28ab3d2a55e4

The Koch brothers and George Soros are in there....hmmm. I wonder what agendas they have. Seems pretty dogone agenda driven to me.

JordanN

Banned
The people who founded America are dead. Do we care about dead people or no?

Things change.
I don't want America to turn into the next Mexico.
Where are the refugees going to go when the U.S turns into the exact same habitat that they wanted to flee?
It creates a vicious cycle of people upping and leaving until there is no where to run.

It's best to just leave America the way it is and let them handle refugees on a case by case basis, instead of flooding the country and destroying its demographics.

Last edited:

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
But why does this matter for borders?
You either restrict it or your don't. The events from 250 years ago do not dictate how America gets to decide who gets to stay there.

If every other country is allowed to control their borders (which they do), then America is equally justified.

And you're a fool if you think that our past actions as a country and a people don't affect our border policy today. You keep on going on about how the events of 250 years ago do not dictate how America gets to decide to gets to stay here but then you go off about the constitution, our laws and so on. Which is it because you can't even seem to agree with yourself.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
And you're a fool if you think that our past actions as a country and a people don't affect our border policy today. You keep on going on about how the events of 250 years ago do not dictate how America gets to decide to gets to stay here but then you go off about the constitution, our laws and so on. Which is it because you can't even seem to agree with yourself.
America closes its borders, who is going to stop them? The ghosts of 18th century past?
They're dead, move on. America is here to stay.

I'm well aware of who the CATO Institute is and acting like its somehow not agenda driven propaganda is pretty funny.

Do you have any actual thoughts on the arguments in the two analyses or is this lazy Bannonite dismissal the sum total of your ability to contribute?

gohepcat

Banned
Well, let’s look at the financiers of said institute, shall we?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurie...rent-the-only-funders-of-cato/2/#28ab3d2a55e4

The Koch brothers and George Soros are in there....hmmm. I wonder what agendas they have. Seems pretty dogone agenda driven to me.

I forget which paranoid infowars boogie-man im supposed to be against. Is George Soros the liberal pedophile sex traffic guy and the Koch Brothers the evil conservatives? Can you clue me in on the latest in this idiocy?

Dev1lXYZ

I forget which paranoid infowars boogie-man im supposed to be against. Is George Soros the liberal pedophile sex traffic guy and the Koch Brothers the evil conservatives? Can you clue me in on the latest in this idiocy?

I'll keep the summary short. Sometime after the 1990's George went batshit insane. His foundation was kicked out of his home country, Hungary for 'shadowy and nefarious' reasons according to that government. He basically funded Hillary Clinton's campaign in 2016-which had no platform and lost the election. He is also a fan of open borders.

Dad.

I'll keep the summary short. Sometime after the 1990's George went batshit insane. His foundation was kicked out of his home country, Hungary for 'shadowy and nefarious' reasons according to that government. He basically funded Hillary Clinton's campaign in 2016-which had no platform and lost the election. He is also a fan of open borders.
What percentage of Clinton's campaign did he fund?

rokkerkory

What is the point in bringing up dead people who have no influence on where America is today?
If America is guilty for partaking in conquest, then literally every other country that went to war in the past is too.
In which case, it's equal.

What is your point when you’re not even American? Lol what a crock.

Papa

Banned

This is mostly the truth as far as I’m aware. Soros also apparently purchased a $3m stake in the New York Times a few weeks ago. People on the other side of the political divide will label you a conspiracy theorist but it’s easily verifiable that he was a major donor to the Clinton campaign: https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/contributors?id=N00000019

Interestingly enough, many of the people who would cringe and handwave you away at the mere mention of (((Soros))) would also be critical of Fox News for its association with Roger Ailes and the Republican Party. It’s Orwellian doublethink, pure and simple.

The other one to be aware of is Jeff Bezos’ ownership of the Washington Post. The journalism industry runs on credibility so I’m baffled by why they are so eager to jump in bed with major political donors. I know the reason is $$ so it’s mostly a rhetorical question, but surely there should be laws against it just as there are laws for separation of church and state.

Vangelis

Banned
And? It's not supposed to be a fucking happy go funtime camp. They're being detained because they broke the fucking law.

Top Bottom