• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Washington Redskins, should we care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4Lukins

Our evil we're here to take over patriot was the best

fuck the new friendly elvis head

vSG7OCm.gif

The Patriots once had one of the best logos in the NFL. I probably would not dislike them if they still had it.

Lunchbox

Banned
Syracuse University changed from being the "Orangemen" to just "Orange" due to wanting to remain gender neutral. Supposedly the name is entirely related to the school colors but I remember hearing about before getting Otto the Orange as a mascot they had the "Saltine Warrior" so they stopped that in the 70's r 80's when a lot of programs were trying to be more politically correct. I remember St John's also being previously called the "Redmen" to now being called the "red storm" though i like this name better.

Umass still has Minutemen, and call the womens teams Minutewomen

syracuse is just a bitch made jersey school with no culture that had to run from the their own conference so they could stop getting destroyed by uconn over and over

Buttchin

syracuse is a just a bitch made jersey school with no culture that had to run from the their own conference so they could stop getting destroyed by uconn over and over

Insult them all you want. I was from connecticut originally so long live that Husky logo.

Amory

syracuse is just a bitch made jersey school with no culture that had to run from the their own conference so they could stop getting destroyed by uconn over and over

HELL YES.

Shia LeBouef is secretly a hairy four-legged bovine.

I fucking knew it.

Shia pronoucned like chia in French is the verb to shit in past tence. From the verb: chier

his name sounds like Shitted the Beef.

You are not gonna name your child ''CAGO'' If you have a Spanish name like Del Torro. LOL Cago Del Torro.

harSon

Banned
Either do the right thing and change the name and the logo, or bask in your ignorance and keep both. Don't try and tip toe around the issue and half-ass the notion that you actually give a fuck about the ignorance of your team name.

C4Lukins

Either do the right thing and change the name and the logo, or bask in your ignorance and keep both. Don't try and tip toe around the issue and half-ass the notion that you actually give a fuck about the ignorance of your team name.

What is wrong with the logo?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The university of North Dakota recently was forced to drop their "Fighting Sioux" nickname by the voting public. Until 2015 they won't have a nickname, which just seems kinda odd, lol.

But I agree the Redskin name needs to go. Horribly offensive.

while were at it can we get rid of the Fighting Irish too :p

highrider

Banned
I'm a dc native. I don't care really. And I am a redskin fan. I think the problem is the majority of native americans don't have a problem with it. Needs to be more of an outcry. More pissed about the bullets tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom