• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Washington Redskins to undergo thorough review of team's name

Time for people behind this change to face what this is all about. It's about the logo, isn't it? That's a real man. That's a bad man. That's a free man. That's a man that never cried a day in his life. He listens to Van Halen, smokes cigars and marlboro reds, eats only steak. He's driven by pussy and he'll never ever get cancelled. No danger. He's an unstoppable force of nature, chadest of chads. The high plains drifter, he's coming to kill fools and fuck women. And nothing anything can do about it. He's the idealization of a manly goddamn man when that meant something. MEANWHILE this is what men are supposed to be nowadays:

Neil-Druckmann.jpg

cory-barlog-microtransacoes-sao-maior-vilao-dos-games.jpg

header.jpg

Just admit it. The logo has to go.

GAMETA

Banned
Washington Reds could work. But wasn't red like the color of the flags of the bad dudes on the 1800s war? Is red Demoncrat or the right wing Elephant? I don't know shit about American stuff...

Maybe call them the Washington ColorBlinds.

Kagey K

Banned
While I don’t have a feeling about the teams name. I do find funny that ads and money are trying to bully the team into doing something they want done.

Is corporate warfare the next step into making sure everyone falls in line? If these companies start fighting we all lose.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I’m honestly amazed this hasn’t happened already. No way in hell is that name surviving 2020 unscathed

I thought it would have happened years ago. It's literally a racial slur, and they've even been lampooned by the likes of the South Park writers.

They should go with Washington Natives.

Cleveland Indians are also considering name change. Over the past several years, they’ve phased out the Chief Wahoo logo. Their main logo now is a red “C”. Oddly enough, the team used to be called the Cleveland Naps and changed its name to the Indians in honor of one of their Native American players.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
this is just the start sadly...SJW's have won....

Redskins fans: DO NOT:

Get rid of your GEAR
Stop calling your team its NAME

we are losing, but we must fight back!
I know you've been banned but did you really think this bullshit was going to work? Try being a little more subtle next time you make a troll account retard.

iconmaster

Banned
“After a thorough review, we’ve determined the team name is fine and haters can just deal with it” is my dream scenario.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
As a Scandinavian I am very offended by Blackburn Vikings, this constant reminder that most people see us as nothing as brutish savages that raid Britains shores and pillage and plunder is vile, wrong and just an old stereotype that is perpetuated by racist clubs such as this.

We demand change now! ✊

As an Irishman i too am fed up with the world view that we are nothing but alcoholic fighting potato lovers therefore I suggest we should get together down some Guinness & Whisky chasers and go pillage some cunts to show the world that culturally we have more to offer. You bring the longboat and ill grab a sack of potatoes.

They caved:

I don’t think Dan caved. I think the NFL forced this. Snyder isn’t the type to cave or care what others think. He let Bruce Allen run the team for 10 years all the while being destroyed by and losing a large segment of the fanbase. Dan wouldn’t have caved like this unless forced too.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Watch they change their name to The Pride or something like that. Something to "preserve the spirit" or something.
Nevermind: that's a name of a local hockey team there.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This is like that one episode of Kimmy Shmi...yes.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I'm not a fan of the Red Wolves. Washington Red Wolves doesn't roll off the tongue.

I am okay with the Washington Wolves though. You get built in alliteration

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Washington teams often have a patriotic name to them.... Nationals, Capitols, not sure why the NBA team is Bullets. Maybe due to high crime or something.

But do a 180. Forget about any name having to do with Natives.

Be bold. lol. Washington Colonists!

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Washington Corporate Shills
Washington Communists
Washington Anarchists
Washington Corporate Slaves to China

Fox Mulder

The woke mob will still cry about Warriors being racist if they use that. The Redtails name being pushed by the media has already been trademark squatted by some loser trying to get rich of the inevitable name change.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’m actually glad they changed the name, fans will be there day 1 for new uniforms

Kagey K

Banned
At this point they are removing themselves from history. I get how they can see it as racist, but by removing it, they are removing themselves from the public eye.

The CFL team the Edmknton Eskimos are going through the same thing.

The Inuit are saying they aren’t a Mascot, but the Eskimos haven’t had a mascot in a long time. Thier logo is 2 E’s.

They aren’t doing anything to degrade or humiliate the Inuit people, yet people want them cancelled for making reference to a people in our history?

I just don’t get it.

As a Scandinavian I am very offended by Blackburn Vikings, this constant reminder that most people see us as nothing as brutish savages that raid Britains shores and pillage and plunder is vile, wrong and just an old stereotype that is perpetuated by racist clubs such as this.

We demand change now! ✊

Suck it up, Whitey. You dont matter.

TheContact

Hong Kong '97! The AVGN episode was one of the funniest videos I've ever seen.

Also not sure if this was posted yet: (onion)

Last edited:

Amory

Redskins has always been a pretty uncomfortable name, even before all the craziness this year. It's a little too on-the-nose, even as someone who doesn't spend my days getting offended by everything.

Top Bottom