• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Wasteland 3 - Gameplay Video

denisonja

Neo Member
Jul 13, 2020
I'm really looking forward to this game, eventhough i probably will never finish it :)
Comes out on gamepass on friday.....

Reactions: Bullet Club

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009
Would I need to have played wasteland 2 in order to "get this" game? I remember playing it for like 2 hours but never went back to it but... this looks fantastic

Would I need to have played wasteland 2 in order to "get this" game? I remember playing it for like 2 hours but never went back to it but... this looks fantastic
I hope not, I started Wasteland 2 but it just felt off, maybe I've been ruined by the more new turned based games like Mutants:Road 0, Gears Tactics and so on but it just felt off. Didn't help that none of the characters I started with (prerolls) felt interesting at all.

Apr 19, 2019
Away with the fairies
Cannot wait.

My only concern is that isometric games on console, any console, are always a lot more 'zoomed in' than the PC version and that lack of FoV/Draw distance, can really put me off the console version of games.

Reactions: CatLady

CatLady

Jun 12, 2018
I hope not, I started Wasteland 2 but it just felt off, maybe I've been ruined by the more new turned based games like Mutants:Road 0, Gears Tactics and so on but it just felt off. Didn't help that none of the characters I started with (prerolls) felt interesting at all.

I too had somewhat of a hard time getting into to Wasteland 2 initially, but I stuck with it and it turned out to be pretty great. That's one of the reasons I can not wait to play Wasteland 3. I wish Friday would hurry up and get here.

Apr 19, 2019
Away with the fairies
I too had somewhat of a hard time getting into to Wasteland 2 initially, but I stuck with it and it turned out to be pretty great. That's one of the reasons I can not wait to play Wasteland 3. I wish Friday would hurry up and get here.
I got burned bad this week/last week, when I saw the 14GB download for Wasteland 3. I watched it download the entire thing, booted it up, saw the error and realised it wasn't out until Friday :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I thought about putting myself in the freezer for a few days

• LOL
Reactions: CatLady

CatLady

Jun 12, 2018
Was it? I thought it had it's own publisher well before MS bought them. Much like Outerworlds with Obsidian.

Yeah it does, Deep Silver, which is why it's also available on PS4. Thankfully for Xbox and PC players it's still Day 1 on on Game Pass.